[REMOVE ADS]

Gladys Knight Announces U.K. ‘Farewell Tour’ For 2024

From uDiscoverMusic.com-

Gladys Knight has revealed she will be returning to the U.K. stage for a final time in 2024 for her “Farewell Tour.”
    The legendary ‘Empress of Soul’ – who began her career in the 1950s performing with The Pips and went on to produce an iconic songbook including hits “Help Me Make it Through the Night,” James Bond theme “Licence to Kill” and “The Way We Were” – is launching her shows on June 24 in Glasgow, Scotland. She’ll also play in Birmingham, Swansea, Bournemouth, Nottingham and Southend, along with a date at London’s prestigious Royal Albert Hall – the same venue where the star performed two shows last year. Tickets for Knight’s “Farewell Tour” go on general sale on Friday 6 October.
    Earlier this year, Knight opened the Hampton Court Palace Festival open-air concert series in London this summer. She also played concerts in Manchester and Dublin.

Few singers over the last 50 years have matched Knight’s artistry, with the seven-time Grammy winner landing No1 hits in genres from pop and R & B to gospel. She has written more than 40 albums and scored and has been honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and is in the Rock ‘n’ Roll Hall of Fame. Her Motown-era classic “Midnight Train to Georgia” was voted one of Rolling Stone’s greatest songs of all time, while Knight has also been in a huge range of TV shows, films and theatre productions.
    The iconic soul star will be joined by guests Mica Miller, 33, one of the U.K’s most critically acclaimed modern soul stars.
    Gladys Knight plays the following U.K. shows on her “Farewell Tour”:
    June 24: Royal Concert Hall, Glasgow
    June 25: Symphony Hall, Birmingham
    June 27: Royal Albert Hall, London
    June 29: Arena, Swansea
    June 30: BIC, Bournemouth
    July 2: Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham
    July 3: Cliffs Pavilion, Southend

This must be the fifth time a tour has been billed as a farewell tour, she must make up her mind.

Quote Originally Posted by dickiemint View Post
    This must be the fifth time a tour has been billed as a farewell tour, she must make up her mind.
    Hopefully she can avoid interviews where she has to complain about Why Diana Ross was successful; maybe she can sing and talk less because her voice still seems reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by dickiemint View Post
    LOL! Didn't you know that all the great divas have the interminable series of fake-out farewell tours? Cf. Joséphine Baker and Cher.

barry manilow elton john

Please let it be true !!!!

"She has written more than 40 albums and scored" - what is this gibberish?

And it looks like she's already said farewell to the North of England and North Wales - no shows listed here.
    Last edited by mysterysinger; 10-06-2023 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    "She has written more than 40 albums and scored" - what is this jibberish?
    Yeah; that didn't make any sense to me either [and scored what?]. Also, "Midnight Train To Georgia" was recorded after Gladys & The Pips left Motown so it's not a "Motown era Classic".

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    "She has written more than 40 albums and scored" - what is this jibberish?
    I suspect this article was hastily written using AI, by someone who has no clue about Gladys Knight.

I believe Gladys has been on a farewell tour in the UK since 2009. It's ridiculous marketing.

Sadly AI is getting to me too as I couldn't even spell "gibberish" correctly - now corrected lol.

Her Motown-era classic “Midnight Train to Georgia” - I thought this was a hit after she left Motown?

Choosing one venue at random [[Nottingham) I thought i'd see how much the tickets were on sale for and the cheapest are £65.00 with most at £75.75 via Ticketmaster. At the Royal Albert Hall they're £68.00 and £79.00.

Dear enough but not as pricey as I might have expected - worth consideration perhaps.