[REMOVE ADS]

Encore Choice Poll : "If the World Just Danced" or "I Will Survive" ?

I would love Diana Ross to sing as her Encore Song: "If the World Just Danced". With the right promo, global video and movie song insertion,[[Bollywood to Hollywood Calling) this song could be a huge hit global song . I did hear it playing on the chain drug store song feed. The beat is Fabolous! love it more now after video clips of Diana Ross singing the song in Concert. Diana Ross' London 02Arena glamour fashion costumes were "working it". "Oh my!"

Diana is lazy and isn't going incorporate anything new into her shows. The fans and queens love "Survive" and she's going to continue to do it until she hangs up her wig.

Go fly a :: Mary broom ////

If the world just danced is a perfect global dance anthem

Itwjd

itwjd

I have to agree. 'Survive' is fun, means a lot to Diana personally, and the audience certain is accepting of it, but I would be all in for replacing it with the joyous 'If The World Just Danced'.

I say keep both! Both went down very well when I saw Diana in the O2.

I’ve said it before but "If The World Just Danced" is really a great song.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    I say keep both! Both went down very well when I saw Diana in the O2.

I’ve said it before but "If The World Just Danced" is really a great song.
    I agree in keeping both. “If The World Just Danced” seems so appropriate in a troubled world, while “I Will Survive” probably saved the day at the best forgotten
    Glastonbury gig.

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    Go fly a :: Mary broom ////
    You okay? Having a stroke, darling?

I can't see doing an encore of a song that is relatively unknown when you have this crowd pleaser of IWS.

But I can see the hardcore has had enough of IWS.

Survive has been in the show along with a few others,way to long
    she should be promoting her new album and zif the World just danced is a great song along with a few other songs Still Believe,Brand New day,Carry on.
    i would have expected a new show honestly.
    heres my faux ross concert setlist
    coming out
    chain reaction
    lets do it
    still believe
    he lives in you
    when u tell me that you love me
    your love
    turn up the sunshine
    love hangover
    take me higher/brand new day
    home
    remember me
    upside down
    carry one
    thank you
    never say I dont love you/not over you yet
    aint no mountain
    encore
    more today than yesterday
    its my turn
    what about love
    until we meet again

I like Eric Kupper's Remix of "If The World Just Danced". Diana Ross' vocals shine in this remix.The bass beat is awesome in this song. Does Diana Ross give her approvals prior to Mr. Kupper releasing the remixes of her songs? This song needs a global powerhouse media promotion.
    The beat is Bollywood non-stop to Hollywood! Ha! Ha! Ha!
    "Oh my..."
    Last edited by TNSUN; 07-07-2022 at 07:00 AM.

I am in the camp who never understood why an artist of Ross' caliber had to cover another artist's anthem - not comparable to when she covered Ain't No Mountain High Enough 'cause at least that one was a complete reinvention and sounds nothing like the original Terrell/Gaye recording. I wish she would let that song rest and focus on her own catalogue, so yes, rooting for If The World Just Danced or even Tomorrow.
    Last edited by soren1974; 07-15-2022 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by soren1974 View Post
    I am in the camp who never understood why an artist of Ross' caliber had to cover another artist's anthem - not comparable to when she covered Ain't No Mountain High Enough 'cause at least that one was a complete reinvention and sounds nothing like the original Terrell/Gaye recording. I wish she would let that song rest and focus on her own catalogue, so yes, rooting for If The World Just Danced or even Tomorrow.
    The problem being the majority of peeps who now attend her concerts are not diehard Ross fans. They know the big hits, and go to hear something familiar they can sing along with. The world and his wife are familiar with the lyrics to “I Will Survive” ensuring it remains a huge crowd pleaser. It certainly saved the day at Glastonbury.
    In a sense it is dumbing down to please the casual Joe, but songs like “”IWS” puts bums on seats.