[REMOVE ADS]

Four Tops - 7 Rooms Of Gloom

Lovely promotional film from 1967 - how young they look.

wow, thanks for posting .Wonder where this would have been shown & did Motown have others.?

I remember seeing this promo clip for "7 Rooms Of Gloom" on The Four Tops' Reach Out-Definitive Performances DVD from 2008. It's still fun to watch.

Wow. Loved this. This just happens to be one of my favorite Tops songs. I've never heard the extended outro before either. Early music video I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post
    wow, thanks for posting .Wonder where this would have been shown & did Motown have others.?
    This clip for "7 Rooms Of Gloom" may have been shown on one of the many music shows that aired during the '60s. Motown has a similar clip for The Supremes' "You Keep Me Hanging On" [and this was included on The Supremes' Reflections-Definitive Performances DVD].

Last edited by Motown Eddie; 06-25-2022 at 10:28 AM.

Here's another promo clip that Motown did back in the '60s for The Supremes.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Here's another promo clip that Motown did back in the '60s for The Supremes.

The footage of the girls in the studio was actually taken from a show called THE ANATOMY OF POP. Aside from other performances, it also included a staged session of the Tempts' doing MY GIRL.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Lovely promotional film from 1967 - how young they look.

Diana Ross' sister Rita is the young woman in this video.

Amazing what you can learn one here - thanks for the info.

Having recently acquired the 6 disc My Music Motown Big Hits & More, I was blown away by the version of "7 Rooms Of Gloom" on disc 5 which has the great instrumental intro. Slightly reminiscent of a Billy Ocean song. Gives 7 Rooms a whole new dimension and I love it.

Amazing what you can learn one here - thanks for the info.

Having recently acquired the 6 disc My Music Motown Big Hits & More, I was blown away by the version of "7 Rooms Of Gloom" on disc 5 which has the great instrumental intro. Slightly reminiscent of a Billy Ocean song. Gives 7 Rooms a whole new dimension and I love it.
    That was Tom Moulton all the way on that mix, I think I pressed for the ending to end cold and repeat the beginning. I love that set - of all we've done it's still my favorite. But of course, "I'll Turn To Stone" it's flip will always be my go to side for this jam.

There's something a bit odd about that clip. The styling and shooting angles don't seem typical of 60s pop video/film styles. But what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by tjl View Post
    That was Tom Moulton all the way on that mix, I think I pressed for the ending to end cold and repeat the beginning. I love that set - of all we've done it's still my favorite. But of course, "I'll Turn To Stone" it's flip will always be my go to side for this jam.
    It's a fantastic set you should be proud of. And "The Hunter" just wow...

It's a fantastic set you should be proud of. And "The Hunter" just wow...
    Thanks you very much, I'm humbled.