[REMOVE ADS]

London gleaming review

https://www.standard.co.uk/culture/m...08153.html?amp
    But she’s lost not an ounce of pizazz in 60 years and, backed by supportive but not overwhelming troupe of backing singers and a good-time party band, she could still turn North Greenwich into an outpost of boogie wonderland. From the opening run of Supremes hits, including Baby Love, Stop! In The Name of Love and You Can’t Hurry Love, you’d have believed she had her setlist upside down and was playing her encore first. But she was merely brushing aside her vivacious Sixties pop era to make way for a raging disco inferno.

The crowd there looked huge!

Another rave review--seems like If We Hold On Together is show highlight:

Live Report: Diana Ross - The O2 Arena, London | Live | Clash Magazine [[clashmusic.com)

I love this. A sign in a London train station. With a very smartly dressed Ian. Name:  Diana Ross 204 24-06-22 Ian Kane.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  101.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by theboyfromxtown; 06-24-2022 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Name:  Diana Ross 205 24-06-22 Without Ian Kane.jpg
Views: 729
Size:  81.5 KB I love this. A sign in a London train station.
    This is wonderful as someone [[clearly a fan) has put a lot of effort into this. I wonder which train station it was?.

Ian agreed to let me put post it with him in. North Greenwich station on the Jubilee line. I think it's a wonderful picture.

Ian is a massive fan with the greatest Ross memorabilia collection I’ve ever seen. We follow one another on IG.

He’s a good friend I love him so the dedication he has is second to none

I follow Ian on his Diana Ross FB page. He's such a dedicated fan and shares almost daily posts about his collection.

His Diana Ross collection is unREAL.

We were there last night. There were some strange acoustics in the arena that led to odd harmonics with both Diana’s voice and some instruments. There were also a couple of slightly off-key moments, she is 78 after all, but overall she sounded very good.

The highlights for me were If We Hold On Together and It’s My Turn. Outstanding vocals with so much feeling. The set list, apart from Ease On Down The Road, was spot in for the UK audience.

As always, there were fans of all age groups in the audience. Next to us was family with a son who must have been 8 or 9 years old. He was up dancing, singing the lyrics and thoroughly enjoying himself.

We left totally elated and privileged to have seen Diana live in concert once more in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post
    We were there last night. There were some strange acoustics in the arena that led to odd harmonics with both Diana’s voice and some instruments. There were also a couple of slightly off-key moments, she is 78 after all, but overall she sounded very good.

The highlights for me were If We Hold On Together and It’s My Turn. Outstanding vocals with so much feeling. The set list, apart from Ease On Down The Road, was spot in for the UK audience.

As always, there were fans of all age groups in the audience. Next to us was family with a son who must have been 8 or 9 years old. He was up dancing, singing the lyrics and thoroughly enjoying himself.

We left totally elated and privileged to have seen Diana live in concert once more in the UK.
    From what I’ve seen on you tube she sounds in pretty good voice. Only major blip for me being “ Chain Reaction” sounds totally out of key and at odds with her backing singers. Perhaps she was wise to lip synch it at the jubilee concert.

This is so cute...when she does It's My Turn. She reveals that Jagger is on the intro to Turn Up The Sunshine. What I find so humbling is that Diana is very down to earth with her audience.

I was there yesterday, travelled from Sweden and it was so worth it.
    The 02 was filled to its capacity and the crowd was dancing.
    I am so glad I finally got to see Diana. She was lovely with the audience and her manners just like I imagined them.

Thank goodness she’s decided to sing the regular tempo version of Thank You. I don’t know why she previously tried singing the faster remix version.

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    https://www.standard.co.uk/culture/m...08153.html?amp
    But she’s lost not an ounce of pizazz in 60 years and, backed by supportive but not overwhelming troupe of backing singers and a good-time party band, she could still turn North Greenwich into an outpost of boogie wonderland. From the opening run of Supremes hits, including Baby Love, Stop! In The Name of Love and You Can’t Hurry Love, you’d have believed she had her setlist upside down and was playing her encore first. But she was merely brushing aside her vivacious Sixties pop era to make way for a raging disco inferno.
    Thanks, my friend AY, for finding this and posting it. That's our girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Atasteofhoney View Post
    I was there yesterday, travelled from Sweden and it was so worth it.
    The 02 was filled to its capacity and the crowd was dancing.
    I am so glad I finally got to see Diana. She was lovely with the audience and her manners just like I imagined them.
    Glad to hear the arena was full and that you had a good time. Enjoy your stay in the sunny UK.

A very good review. Interesting that he describes her voice as “a battered instrument, bellowing through the big numbers and clutching hopelessly for the high notes”. I’m not certain Diana would thank him for that one lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Thanks, my friend AY, for finding this and posting it. That's our girl!
    Much love from the Ross family

full concert