[REMOVE ADS]

The goddess diva unbelievable

https://www.facebook.com/10000058377...nDic5HNkl/?d=nThe goddess diva unbelievable just watch this clip

very nice thanks for posting

Beautiful in song.
    European Tour is a brilliant
    success. "Oh my."

I always find the idolatry nature of such posts a ‘tad spooky. What ever floats your boat i guess. Living goddess.........Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I always find the idolatry nature of such posts a ‘tad spooky. What ever floats your boat i guess. Living goddess.........Hmmm
    Diana Ross is perfect.

Of course when your user name is spreading love and that was one of Diana Ross’s famous sayings so who is the one worshipping get a grip darling

Oillie9 and Speadinglove21 seem to be the same person they both Echo there hatreds at the exact same time strange Coincidence

Oh lordy, here we go again. She is not a goddess, just a human like the rest of us. No hate but please keep it real! BTW just for the record I have over 50 CDs by Supremes/Diana and many unreleased tracks. So I think that it's safe to say that I am a fan, a bloody big one, but I don't worship her or anyone else for that matter. Perhaps you need to find more interests and get out more. It's the rabid fans that give her a bad name and we all become touched by association.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    Oh lordy, here we go again. She is not a goddess, just a human like the rest of us. No hate but please keep it real! BTW just for the record I have over 50 CDs by Supremes/Diana and many unreleased tracks. So I think that it's safe to say that I am a fan, a bloody big one, but I don't worship her or anyone else for that matter. Perhaps you need to find more interests and get out more. It's the rabid fans that give her a bad name and we all become touched by association.
    78 and doing this kind of tour !!!!! I guess many singers hope for a bad name like hers.
    We are supposed to be touched by what exactly?

Of Course we all know she’s human Which I love about her , And it’s just the same more than anything else so people need to stop reading into every little thing that is said

Ross at 78 wouldn’t it be nice if the expanded edition of Ross 78 came out , come out come out where ever you are Andy address the crowds

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    Ross at 78 wouldn’t it be nice if the expanded edition of Ross 78 came out , come out come out where ever you are Andy address the crowds
    "Ross at 78" lol

almost like how we refer to her album "Ross 78"

hoping and praying we also get a Ross 83

Any thing would be great

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    "Ross at 78" lol

almost like how we refer to her album "Ross 78"

hoping and praying we also get a Ross 83
    Some of y'all gonna lose your minds when Ross 100 comes out.

Let me try to explain. The first Supremes song I ever heard was 'Lovelight' way back in '64. It was their first single to be released in the UK and it was on Stateside. Apart from pre Lovelight the only other singles not released in the UK were 'Run, Run, Run' and 'The Composer'. I loved all UK singles apart from 'No Matter What Sign You Are' & 'Someday We'll Be Together' but I have to admit that I'm indifferent to 'In & Out of Love'. Then Diana went solo and did not get off to a good start with 'ROATSH' which only got to UK #33 and I did not like it. However her career really took off with the release of 'Mountain', Remember Me', 'Surrender' and of course her #1 'I'm Still Waiting'. It seemed to be during those early solo years that she gained the reputation of being difficult and unfriendly. Telling people to call her 'Miss Ross' did not help. To my knowledge no other big name star as ever asked to be called 'Miss' or 'Mr'! I don't ask or expect to be called 'Mr Copley' unless at a business meeting. Diana worked hard at her day job with the Supremes as she wanted to be top dog and why not. However when she got there she forgot who had put her there and who had the power to topple her. In the UK where she was and continues to be more popular fans split into two distinct camps. The fans who like me are pretty hardcore long time supporters and the obsessive fans who think that Diana is a god, a saint and worship at her feet. The media latched on to this and so it became 'fact' that Diana thought herself to be above all others. For a time I think that she did but the 'Heathrow Incident' and her DUI charge changed her. The rabid fans are entitled to their opinion just as long as I am too but some of them won't have a single thing said against her. I get attacked for hating but there is no hate. So the media think that all fans are obsessive hence why I said tainted by association.

At 78 I think that she's bloody marvellous. Friends and press who I have spoken to have had nothing but praise for her recent UK concerts. Sure there were a few flat notes but it doesn't really matter, she is 78. What I can't understand are those fans who say that she's sounding the best ever! She's 78, not 28! All I can say is that I politely suggest that you get your hearing checked out. Keep it real.
    Last edited by copley; 06-23-2022 at 07:58 PM.

For some fans, Diana could toot in a microphone and it would be a symphony.

she is a goddess to people so what? She’s a creep to people so whack? Why bother what other people think about some thing? It’s an opinion everybody’s got one, are they right or wrong? For heaven sake‘s if you listen to the praise that the mediocre at best red hot release got on this forum, you would think it was Beyoncé‘s greatest hits. Everybody cherishes things that are in their heart that may or may not mean something to someone else. There’s just as much idolatry going on for other Supremes members on this list. when I read the accolades for Witchi Ti To or Davy Crockett I say to myself, “Myself, these folks sure are crazy for Mary!”

I think it’s creepy that people on this forum is it’s creepy to express themselves honestly. Shaming or making derogative comments about folks preferences is it desperate attempt to control their narratives. Control your own. it probably could use some work

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    she is a goddess to people so what? She’s a creep to people so whack? Why bother what other people think about some thing? It’s an opinion everybody’s got one, are they right or wrong? For heaven sake‘s if you listen to the praise that the mediocre at best red hot release got on this forum, you would think it was Beyoncé‘s greatest hits. Everybody cherishes things that are in their heart that may or may not mean something to someone else. There’s just as much idolatry going on for other Supremes members on this list. when I read the accolades for Witchi Ti To or Davy Crockett I say to myself, “Myself, these folks sure are crazy for Mary!”

I think it’s creepy that people on this forum is it’s creepy to express themselves honestly. Shaming or making derogative comments about folks preferences is it desperate attempt to control their narratives. Control your own. it probably could use some work
    For the record, i have lost count of the times where myself or another fan is accused of being a toad, hater or troll for simply expressing honest personal opinion. It’s always the same two posters who clearly view Diana as some kind of Demi god. As such, I have a right to politely express concern whenever i see them taking posts in that direction. An old adage about glasshouses and not throwing stones springs to mind. Look it up.
    In a nutshell, if they didn’t insist on ruining threads by calling other members names i wouldn’t give a S—t which alter they worshiped at. I really hope that makes things clearer.

For the record, i have lost count of the times where myself or another fan is accused of being a toad, hater or troll for simply expressing honest personal opinion. It’s always the same two posters who clearly view Diana as some kind of Demi god. As such, I have a right to politely express concern whenever i see them taking posts in that direction. An old adage about glasshouses and not throwing stones springs to mind. Look it up.
    In a nutshell, if they didn’t insist on ruining threads by calling other members names i wouldn’t give a S—t which alter they worshiped at. I really hope that makes things clearer.

you have a right to put anything down here that’s within the acceptability of the moderators. I’m not saying anything about who has the right to do anything. And I abhor people name calling and the like. Although I do admit to calling someone a poo poo face a few times. And that goes on here in more subtle ways than just from two posters. I’m just expressing my viewpoint which is that I find it creepy that others actually care how much another member likes their favorite supreme or hamburger or anything else. It may be over the top for some, but that’s how they feel and I can respect that. And I respect how you feel. I just don’t understand why someone who thinks diana ross is the Messiah, or Mary, or Florence or Karen Ragland that it angers people to the point of contention. I don’t think I’m criticizing it, I hope I’m not I just don’t understand it. Maybe it fills a void in their life, maybe it makes them happy I think it’s good for people to be happy. I don’t think anyone has ever been more avid about anyone than Marv2 was about Mary, and I didn’t see anybody getting creeped out about his fanaticism. He certainly could cause a row, but the issue was never his devotion in itself. Maybe one of the Supremes is the Messiah and we’re all going to be very surprised one day. If so, I hope it’s Florence because I like a messiah with a sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    you have a right to put anything down here that’s within the acceptability of the moderators. I’m not saying anything about who has the right to do anything. And I abhor people name calling and the like. Although I do admit to calling someone a poo poo face a few times. And that goes on here in more subtle ways than just from two posters. I’m just expressing my viewpoint which is that I find it creepy that others actually care how much another member likes their favorite supreme or hamburger or anything else. It may be over the top for some, but that’s how they feel and I can respect that. And I respect how you feel. I just don’t understand why someone who thinks diana ross is the Messiah, or Mary, or Florence or Karen Ragland that it angers people to the point of contention. I don’t think I’m criticizing it, I hope I’m not I just don’t understand it. Maybe it fills a void in their life, maybe it makes them happy I think it’s good for people to be happy. I don’t think anyone has ever been more avid about anyone than Marv2 was about Mary, and I didn’t see anybody getting creeped out about his fanaticism. He certainly could cause a row, but the issue was never his devotion in itself. Maybe one of the Supremes is the Messiah and we’re all going to be very surprised one day. If so, I hope it’s Florence because I like a messiah with a sense of humor.
    Personally i have no problem at all with celebrity worship. In my own way, i myself have worshiped Diana since I was a small child. It’s when your labelled toad or hater for having a differing opinion that it becomes personal. When the name callers, and there are only two talk of Diana being a goddess, i somehow feel it necessary to politely address the balance. If they were to cease with their constant personal insults i wouldn’t give it a second thought.
    If a former Supreme were ever to be revealed as the messiah It would surely have be Cindy. Diana and Mary has always has been far to naughty to ever consider such an accolade.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Some of y'all gonna lose your minds when Ross 100 comes out.
    The Andantes will be on it.

i deleted my original post. think this sums it up better

I don't think any of the women or lineups are "goddesses." none are the best singers to ever put something on vinyl. none are the best entertainers to ever step onto a stage.

but i always play the music and have for decades. i track down every minute fact or story. it's what i like and enjoy. i know others don't give two shits about the gowns meanwhile i have a spreadsheet on them lolol

i've chosen my way to enjoy these singers/groups. if someone else puts them in a personal definition of goddess, who am i to say?? I didn't blink an eye at the anniversary of MW's passing. others on FB are still garbed in full Victorian mourning clothing. but hey - if that's what they want to do, go for it

i will contradict someone that is misquoting or misstating a fact. some people have said there were only 8 supremes because pretty much none of the Barbara stuff was released or made an impact in the UK. sorry bud - that's fake news. but if you want believe Barbara was a goddess, well ok then. that's your call

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    Apart from pre Lovelight the only other singles not released in the UK were 'Run, Run, Run' and 'The Composer'.
    It may interest you to know that The Composer did get released as a single in the UK although it passed most by.

In the 80s Motown in the UK released a good number of singles under the banner Motwon Gold.

The Composer was released in April 1985, catalogue no. TMG 999, the B-side was Take Me Where You Go.

A number of these singles made the extended top 200 UK singles chart such as You Can't Hurry Love and Endless Love [[with Lionel) in 1983.

Even though it had only been originally released in 1981 EL kept reentered the chart several times in 1983.