[REMOVE ADS]

Jackson 5: come & get it; rare pearls CD - help please

Hi
    I'm looking for some recording date information on a couple of tracks from this set, but I don't have the physical booklet which accompanied it. If someone out there has it, could you let me know what the recording dates/timelines are for the tracks "makin' life a little easier for you" and "our love"? [DFTMC doesn't tend to have recording dates for most J5 tracks for some reason].
    thanks
    PJ

Hi Psychedelic Jacques,

According to the booklet:

Written by: Deke Richards, Freddie Perren, Alphonzo Mizell and Berry Gordy.
    Produced by The Corporation [[tm)
    Recorded March 1972

That is all the info that is there...Hope it helps.

Our Love:

Written by: Deke Richards
    Produced and arranged by Deke Richards
    Recorded: 1972-73

Also, that is all there is....

thanks, 1382 - just what I wanted to find out - though the dates for 'our love' are surprisingly vague, aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by psychedelic jacques View Post
    thanks, 1382 - just what I wanted to find out - though the dates for 'our love' are surprisingly vague, aren't they?

Yes they are. When Deke was alive and posting on this forum he shared a lot of memories.

I've read the complete booklet, but no more information. What I recall from memory, but can't confirm is that is some information and tapes where lost when he had a fire at his garage. I don't mean the big Universal fire, but a fire broke out at his place, as I hopefully recall correctly.

I've searched the archives, but just came across this long and lovely thread,w with Deke sharing his memories. Shame a book never came to happen.

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...=deke+richards

Maybe other members can chime in.