[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross - Birmingham

Great Videos Xtown !!

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    This is why Diana Ross continues to attract a major audience. Just breathtaking.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    This is why Diana Ross continues to attract a major audience. Just breathtaking.
    I agree PeaceNHarmony. This is absolutely breathtaking! So beautiful ❤️

Allowing for the fact she’s 78, “When You Tell Me” sounds flat and rather off key. The rest is ok if a little perfunctory. It’s such a shame, as she once performed it so beautifully. Still good for nearly 80 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Allowing for the fact she’s 78, “When You Tell Me” sounds flat and rather off key. The rest is ok if a little perfunctory. It’s such a shame, as she once performed it so beautifully. Still good for nearly 80 though.
    i’m thrilled with her sound I would kill to be there right now. She’s way ahead of what I expected for this tour, including doing all these different songs that she appears to know the lyrics to without reading them off a Teleprompter unless there’s a Teleprompter somewhere that I can’t see not that I care any but it is impressive either way.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    i’m thrilled with her sound I would kill to be there right now. She’s way ahead of what I expected for this tour, including doing all these different songs that she appears to know the lyrics to without reading them off a Teleprompter unless there’s a Teleprompter somewhere that I can’t see not that I care any but it is impressive either way.
    Overall I think she is doing very well. I just find this particular performance of “When You Tell Me” rather flat and uninspiring. Perhaps it’s the lower key she now sings it in.

Absolutely phenomenal her voice is friggin unbelievable she needs to go into a recording studio we love you Diana always and forever

Great to see Diana perform When You Tell Me at last even though as Ollie says it wasn't quite her best rendition of it.

She needs a bigger stage to move about and capture the drama of the instrumental break.

So unlucky for this to just miss out on #1 in the UK.

"Sensational" review of Diana's Birmingham concert:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/wha...-fans-24280062

I think it's obvious the correspondent is a fan!

I wondered why Touch Me In The Morning wasn't being included and we got our answer.

This was the one which fans called for in the Encore and Diana said she wasn't sure she could hit the high notes but she obliged and apparently it was superb.

Overall I think she is doing very well. I just find this particular performance of “When You Tell Me” rather flat and uninspiring. Perhaps it’s the lower key she now sings it in.

it is certainly not her best performance, but I am such a sucker for this song that hearing it all just makes me very happy. I would much rather have this than touch me in the morning or I’m still waiting or chain reaction or more today than yesterday or ………………………

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    it is certainly not her best performance, but I am such a sucker for this song that hearing it all just makes me very happy. I would much rather have this than touch me in the morning or I’m still waiting or chain reaction or more today than yesterday or ………………………
    It’s just that i have so many happy memories of her belting this song out with gusto, that to hear it now just doesn’t compare. Is she singing anything at all from Lady Sings The Blues?.

Where in the show did she sing”When You Tell Me”. She didn’t include this when I saw here in Leeds last weeks which surprised me as its one of her biggest UK hits, having made number 2 twice, in 1991 and again in 2005 when she ‘duetted’ with boyband Westlife.
    She only missed out on the top spot in 1991 by Bohemian Rhapsody which had been
    re-released following the death of Freddie Mercury.

Looks like she's rotating a few songs in and out of her show for this tour. She hasn't performed When You Tell Me that You Love Me in awhile. Maybe it's just rust that she needs to shake off and if stays for rest of tour it will improve.

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    "Sensational" review of Diana's Birmingham concert:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/wha...-fans-24280062

I think it's obvious the correspondent is a fan!

I wondered why Touch Me In The Morning wasn't being included and we got our answer.

This was the one which fans called for in the Encore and Diana said she wasn't sure she could hit the high notes but she obliged and apparently it was superb.
    Good heavens - the reviewer wants I Will Survive instead of All We Do Is Win; I have no issue with I Will Survive but I’d take All We Do Is Win way before IWS.

It’s just that i have so many happy memories of her belting this song out with gusto, that to hear it now just doesn’t compare. Is she singing anything at all from Lady Sings The Blues?.
    I know I agree with you 100%. But I’m younger than her and it much worse shape so, I’m giving it to her for just being there! Of course I miss the days where she used to knock this song out of the park. I think she would do some thing from lady when she gets back to the states, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was something different.