[REMOVE ADS]

who is male vocalist on Hattie Littles’ version of “Money, that’s what I want”?

recorded on 17 March 1962 and produced by Berry Gordy. But who is that male voice?

This song was included in Motown Sings Motown Treasures. The booklet with the 2 CD set states that "Sounds like Clarence Paul joining in at the end."

Great version by Hattie there. There are a group of voices that chip in at times - quite comical really and that prominent voice at the end. Clarence Paul may be as good as any and I wouldn't know any different. Maybe The Raybers are there too.

Or as a long shot, The Contours for all the voices.

Thanks Mysterysinger and Woodward. Should have checked the booklet myself, but didn't think of it. Played the track last night back to back with the Barrett Strong version on Soulpower, an internet radio station from The Netherlands that also broadcasts live on the Spanish Costa Brava each Tuesday from 7 to 8 PM. Always looking for that special Motown-track!

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  21.1 KB
    The Rayber Voices are definitely on this recording, just as they were on Barrett Strong's version. The prominent voices probably Clarence Paul, and it's likely that although Berry was executive producer, and attended the recording session, Paul probably handled physically running the session.

I'd never heard this before now… probably because I don’t have the Motown Sings Motown Treasures set, which I need to get immediately! Great version of an awesome song

Didn`t Keith Hughes suggest that there was a Hattie Littles release in the pipeline?

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    I'd never heard this before now… probably because I don’t have the Motown Sings Motown Treasures set, which I need to get immediately! Great version of an awesome song
    I agree Tom, I immediately checked her other tracks.