[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross - Glasgow 17th June 2022

I still can't find a review but here are a few clips. Both she and the audience are having a good time but her voice is not at its best. Lots of flat notes but hey she is 78! She sang 'The Boss' as the encore.

Last edited by copley; 06-20-2022 at 05:58 AM.

I really hope she hasn't taken on too much which is what I have been worried about when I originally saw the schedule.

What with this and then the Liverpool show being curtailed it would be a shame if she isn't at her best for Glastonbury.

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    I really hope she hasn't taken on too much which is what I have been worried about when I originally saw the schedule.

What with this and then the Liverpool show being curtailed it would be a shame if she isn't at her best for Glastonbury.
    She only has one day off after her London dates then straight to Glastonbury. It does seem rather a lot. It’s worth noting the Glastonbury audience will not be made up entirely of fans, so she needs to be on form for this extremely high profile gig.
    By chance, Gladys Knight is touring the UK at the same time. I wonder if they will hook up for a glass of something cold and a natter?.

A couple more, her voice is much stronger on these.

I didn't like it when it came out last year but now I'm loving it. Diana nailed it - no messing

100% on point!

Especially for Ollie - lol!

And finally the encore.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    I didn't like it when it came out last year but now I'm loving it. Diana nailed it - no messing

Another great performance. New costumes, new material, and Diana's looking and sounding great. I do hope the tour comes stateside!

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post

I have always loved this song copley. So many gems to be found on the “Thank You” set, with Diana sounding great here. I would so love to hear her performing additional songs from the new album as they suit her voice as to where it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Another great performance. New costumes, new material, and Diana's looking and sounding great. I do hope the tour comes stateside!
    She's playing Radio City Music Hall in September and she's doing a short residency at the Wynn in Vegas later that month.

The complete concert.

Hi folks. Well Glasgow is the concert I could have been at but the chance came too late so I had to let it go. C'est la vie!

The YT poster made an excellent job of filming the entire Glasgow concert which I enjoyed immensely. Diana looked to be really relaxed and enjoying herself interacting with the crowd. In the past she could appear haughty and remote. I recall one event where she got her knickers in a twist over people filming her and told them to stop! This time round she was positively encouraging it and the phone police were nowhere to be seen! More importantly the paying audience were having a ball loving every moment of it. Being 78 there were a few flat notes here and there but that's no big deal as her enthusiasm more than made up for it.

My only gripe is why she continues to sing 'More Today Than Yesterday' and 'I Will Survive' as neither song is hers! The former was not a hit in the UK and the latter is Gloria's anthem! I always let her off with 'Why Do Fools Fall In Love' which of course is not hers either. Why not sing 'Remember Me', 'Surrender', 'Touch Me In The Morning' or even 'It's My House'.

One surprise resulting from this concert is that I now love 'If The World Just Danced' which I did not like when it was issued as single last year.

Sadly due to an astonishing lack of PR by Universal & Decca none of her albums have re-entered the charts! I was hoping that, like Dolly & Lionel before, Diana would achieve a massive hit album on the back of the concerts and Glastonbury which is just a few days away.