[REMOVE ADS]

Diana at First Direct Arena in Leeds

She sang "It's My Turn" very beautifully at tonight's show.

https://youtu.be/zQ7qzhc0_ZM

Last edited by carlo; 06-15-2022 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Replaced video link with a better quality version

Thank you so much for sharing this. One of my all time favorite Diana Ross songs.
    She sounded so beautiful.

Just got back from Leeds concert. After seeing her ‘shakey’ Jubilee performance I wasn’t expecting great things but she was incredible, from start to finish. I had promised to take my daughter to the ‘next’ Diana Ross concert some years ago so I wanted it to be a special occasion and she didn’t disappoint. I have been to many of her UK concerts, the first being in 1975, so I am accustomed to a great performance. Last night she had excellent stage presence, great vocals and the inevitable costume changes, it was everything I wanted it to be and more. Loved the inclusion of ‘Love Child’ and ‘My World Is Empty Without You’ in the Supremes segment, never heard her sing them before. I am looking forward to her Glastonbury appearance and based on what I saw last night, it should be an fitting end to a successful UK tour.

Has My World is Empty without You replace More Today then Yesterday in the show as the second song performed?

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    Has My World is Empty without You replace More Today then Yesterday in the show as the second song performed?
    No, it was the third song in the set list, the first of the Supremes songs that followed MTTY, personally I think it should be replaced, never cared for that song.

Thank you for your review, masterblaster! I am so glad to read that you had an amazing evening and that you were able to fulfill your promise to your daughter!

I just replaced the video link in my first post with a better quality version, now up on YouTube

...and here's Chain Reaction:

Last edited by carlo; 06-15-2022 at 10:08 PM.

This reminds me of what a good song this was and how I liked it

Sounds like the hardcore fans are getting some of what they want

This is cute. Looks like some of the guys in the audience know the words better than Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    She sang "It's My Turn" very beautifully at tonight's show.

https://youtu.be/zQ7qzhc0_ZM

What a beautiful rendition of “Its My Tun”. She appears so happy and relaxed it brought a tear to my eye. This round of concerts prove the UK has never fallen out of love with her.
    I really hope she remains this relaxed and on form for Glastonbury. For some reason she doesn't always perform her best at the big occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    This is cute. Looks like some of the guys in the audience know the words better than Diana.
    Yes, she certainly needs to dress up on the verses but she did apologise before she started the song, saying she might need some help as she hadn’t performed it much. Apology accepted.

Can anyone remember which song she segued with ‘Love Hangover’? I was expecting an exit and costume change during the instrumental part but she went into another song.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post

Can anyone remember which song she segued with ‘Love Hangover’? I was expecting an exit and costume change during the instrumental part but she went into another song.
    That would be her medley of Love Hangover, Take Me Higher and Ease On Down The Road.

Ollie9,

I have to agree. From the footage of the concerts, she is growing, her voice is getting stronger. Glastonbury is another league and not her own concert. Hope she keeps growing and Glastonbury will be a phenomenal performance.

Peaking at nearly 80, what an achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by 1382hitsville View Post
    Ollie9,

I have to agree. From the footage of the concerts, she is growing, her voice is getting stronger. Glastonbury is another league and not her own concert. Hope she keeps growing and Glastonbury will be a phenomenal performance.

Peaking at nearly 80, what an achievement.
    I have my fingers and everything else crossed for Glastonbury lol. On occasion it’s like she is trying just a little to hard when appearing at very high profile gigs. I’m convinced this seemingly relaxed vocal approach at the mo is the reason as to why she sounds so good.
    I really wish she would perform the irresistible “I Still Believe” in place of “Thank You”. Even my non Ross fans enjoy this one, with it being a potential crowd pleaser.
    I’m absolutely delighted at seeing the large crowds attending these concerts. The journey continues.

"It's My Turn" is one of my favorites, she sounded really good! Like Ollie I got a little misty eyed......
    Darin

After what many thought was a shaky start to the tour at the Jubilee Party Diana is going from strength to strength.

Breath held for Glastonbury but here's a review for last night in Leeds - the best yet!

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/best-in...tlist-24244339

Thank you all for all these posts.
    I wish "I Will Survive"
    was replaced by "If the World Just Danced".It's a great song and wonderful upbeat song to end a lovely concert.
    Diana Ross is getting rave concert reviews.
    The European Audiences seem more unified in joy.
    Last edited by TNSUN; 06-16-2022 at 07:40 PM.

Beautiful vocals. Phenomenally poignant at this stage in her career. Bravo! Diana Ross

She Really is phenomenal that’s why she’s the leading lady hopefully now she goes into the studio and she’s in such grid force we need another dance album , what a show

I just watched this and it was bloody amazing!!

Whetted my appetite for the London show this Friday - can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    she did apologise before she started the song, saying she might need some help as she hadn’t performed it much. Apology accepted.
    If only she could forget ALL the words to More Today Than Yesterday & I Will Survive - lol

Glad to hear the concert in a city near where I was born went down well - Northern Soul!!