[REMOVE ADS]

Diana at Manchester Arena

Diana's latest stop this evening, on the UK tour, was at Manchester Arena. It looks like she came out for an extra encore and asked the audience what they wanted to hear. Someone requested "The Boss" and she was happy to oblige, much to the audience's delight. I have uploaded the video to the link below, to make it easier for those who may be technologically challenged [credit to louisccb75 on Instagram].

https://streamable.com/97o2t6

I’ve seen pictures and videos on SM. It was a huge crowd. Her voice is getting stronger. New costumes. I’ve seen clips of “I’m still waiting”, “if we hold on together”, and “Home”. I think she may have sung/sang “When you tell me you love me”, though I haven’t confirmed that. She also added in the Q&A part of the show. Curious to see what the complete set list is.

Great to see this exciting clip! Thanks for sharing!

How awesome!!!

Sounding pretty good in those clips.

Thanks for the report, khansperac. Wonderful to hear that she sang "Home" as well. It sounds like she has been switching up the setlist each night thus far, which hopefully should be pleasing to those who have voiced their concerns previously, in regards to the setlist. I did notice a few different costumes in the clips that I saw as well. She seems to be rotating them each night. She must have brought a few huge trunks overseas

Mindful1, thanks for the link to that YouTube video. She does indeed sound great! As I had noted in an earlier thread, her voice does seem to be getting stronger with each show, and this is a good sign.
    Last edited by carlo; 06-14-2022 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Diana's latest stop this evening, on the UK tour, was at Manchester Arena. It looks like she came out for an extra encore and asked the audience what they wanted to hear. Someone requested "The Boss" and she was happy to oblige, much to the audience's delight. I have uploaded the video to the link below, to make it easier for those who may be technologically challenged [credit to louisccb75 on Instagram].

https://streamable.com/97o2t6
    She sounds terrific singing “The Boss”. Relaxed and in full voice. Wonderful to see such a large crowd.

Here is a complete video of Diana singing Home at the Manchester show, during the encore Q&A segment. She sounds incredible!

https://youtu.be/LQAWHDAI2po

Last edited by carlo; 06-15-2022 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Video link updated, as it is now on YouTube

Here is a complete video of Diana singing Home at the Manchester show, during the encore Q&A segment. She sounds incredible! Credit to "thedannystaffordshow" on Instagram.

https://streamable.com/ljmf6g
    wow! she sure got her mojo and depth back!

Quote Originally Posted by mindful1 View Post
    wow! she sure got her mojo and depth back!
    Wow, that was a beautiful rendition of Home!

Here's the review from the Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...-has-the-moves

I don't know if it’s breathing technique or a more relaxed vocal style, but her voice sounds really good. I Remember her sounding awful when she performed “Home” a few years back that even she looked unhappy. Perhaps she should sing more songs sitting down.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post

Great review! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post

Superb review!

Plus there is an interesting, if of course subjective, ranking of her top 20 songs with a surprise #1 in Home.

Great to see a packed arena but strangely the audience don't seem to connect with Chain Reaction.

some US nightly news channel ought to do a feature on Diana’s triumphant return to the UK.

Its rather significant/remarkable
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 06-15-2022 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    some US nightly news channel ought to do a feature on Diana’s triumphant return to the UK.

Its rather significant/remarkable
    Significant? Maybe for the UK, but definitely not here in the US. They wouldn't do a story about it.

Very good review. She is mixing things up which is a good sign even including 'My World Is Empty Without You' which was not a UK hit. What next 'Itching'!

Here is a complete video of Diana singing Home at the Manchester show, during the encore Q&A segment. She sounds incredible!

https://youtu.be/LQAWHDAI2po

she brought this hard-bitten old nag to tears. Lordy! We are sitting here sobbing.

She seem to have settled back into the show, and the you tube videos I've watched are incredible, the audio is much better too, maybe it's because it's and indoor arena , but I so pleased that the reviews are positive ones, let's hope that Glastonbury is a triumph for Ms Ross !!

Here's an even better quality video of "Home" from Manchester.

https://youtu.be/OGxB-WgnwKM

Last edited by carlo; 06-15-2022 at 07:56 PM.

Here's the full video of her performing The Boss in Manchester, for the encore. She sounds fantastic! I believe it was Ollie who had commented in a different thread about how she should sit down and sing more often. It does seem to allow her to hit those high notes much more easily, as seen with her other encore numbers. Maybe she is more relaxed. Interesting.

Oh my God she sounds phenomenal at 78 years old this is really hard to believe it she is better than most of her peers she’s got the voice the haters have been silenced love love love this so much Way to go Diana

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    The haters have been silenced love love love this so much Way to go Diana
    I wouldn't go that far. I’m still immensely jealous of her talent and beauty. Once a hater always one I guess.

Here's the full video of her performing The Boss in Manchester, for the encore. She sounds fantastic! I believe it was Ollie who had commented in a different thread about how she should sit down and sing more often. It does seem to allow her to hit those high notes much more easily, as seen with her other encore numbers. Maybe she is more relaxed. Interesting.

It was indeed Carlo. I’m simply amazed at how good she sounds sitting down. Relaxing her body appears to have a really positive effect on her vocals.
    Perhaps she should perform the entire concert from a comfy chaise longue.

She’s excellent. The ‘sit down’ encore at Leeds was “It’s My Turn” which she sang without any backing vocals. It was incredible.

I am thrilled that she is enjoying herself and wrapping herself in the love being shown. When she's relaxed and happy, no one can beat her!

couple of things stick out in these images..

....much more cheeky.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    Curious to see what the complete set list is.
    A good place to check setlists for Miss Ross [[and in fact any other artist) is https://www.setlist.fm/setlists/dian...-73d6bef9.html though - since it's dependent on users uploading their lists and can sometimes have errors - not always 100% accurate.