[REMOVE ADS]

Diana at Cambridge festival

I was fortunate enough to see Diana yesterday at the Cambridge festival and what a show it was..she sounded and looked amazing..I was about 20ft from the stage so had an amazing view..the set list was a a bit different to what we are normally used to.

Im coming out
    more today than yesterday
    where did our love go
    baby love
    stop in the name of love
    you cant hurry love
    love child
    if the world just danced
    thank you
    ease on down the road
    im still waiting
    take me higher
    if we hold on together
    love hangover
    upside down
    i will survive

I cant remember the exact running order and im sure I may have missed one or two...This woman amazes me...78 years old nahhh.

Nice set list. So she's added Thank You. I wonder if anymore for the new album will make the show as the tour goes on?

Do you recall what her last song was? I will survive? Thank you? Best Years of My Life?

I see the reviewer/writer in link above walked out during I will survive as they don't like the song, lol! The "Diana Ross is perfect" brigade here won't like that one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by mowsville View Post
    I was fortunate enough to see Diana yesterday at the Cambridge festival and what a show it was..she sounded and looked amazing..I was about 20ft from the stage so had an amazing view..the set list was a a bit different to what we are normally used to.

Im coming out
    more today than yesterday
    where did our love go
    baby love
    stop in the name of love
    you cant hurry love
    love child
    if the world just danced
    thank you
    ease on down the road
    im still waiting
    take me higher
    if we hold on together
    love hangover
    upside down
    i will survive

I cant remember the exact running order and im sure I may have missed one or two...This woman amazes me...78 years old nahhh.
    Yes, a few different songs - glad to see the Thank You material being featured. Glad you had a good time! I hope Diana comes here to the states. Best to you!

'Mountain', 'Do You Know' & 'Chain' we also included. I don't know why she continues to sing 'Yesterday' and 'Survive'! She has plenty of her own songs to sing without doing covers!

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    'Mountain', 'Do You Know' & 'Chain' we also included. I don't know why she continues to sing 'Yesterday' and 'Survive'! She has plenty of her own songs to sing without doing covers!
    Its a complete mystery copley known only to her. I feel sure if she heard the views of her real fans, she would surely reconsider.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post

I see the reviewer/writer in link above walked out during I will survive as they don't like the song, lol! The "Diana Ross is perfect" brigade here won't like that one bit.
    I’m bringing a pair of trainers so I can be the first to sprint out of the park at the first hint lol

What wonderful reviews over and over
    https://www.cambridgeindependent.co....Udrs&fs=e&s=cl

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Its a complete mystery copley known only to her. I feel sure if she heard the views of her real fans, she would surely reconsider.
    I have my doubts

She is playing to your average person - they want WDFFIL - half of them think she is the original singer of IWS

The few of those people that know Stoned Love think she sang it

This is likely only an issue to the Superfans and if you are an Idolizing Superfan, then it’s not an issue for them either

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I have my doubts

She is playing to your average person - they want WDFFIL - half of them think she is the original singer of IWS

This is likely only an issue to the Superfans and if you are an Idolizing Superfan, then it’s not an issue for them either
    I’m not convinced about “IWS”, but tend to think a majority of the audience just want a good night out, hearing something their familiar with.
    Theoretically, i wonder what would happen if one night Diana announced she wouldn’t be performing any of her hits, but album cuts instead. Would she be booed off stage or supported anyway. Food for thought.

Well Ollie, she had better behave at Glastonbury as they are a hard crowd to please very different from a Ross only gig. It worked for Dolly & Lionel, they gave the audience what they wanted to hear. As a result both had massive hit albums that remained on the charts for weeks. Other oldies acts were similarly blessed. She could go out with a bang or simply a phutt!

I recall Dolly receiving bad publicity. I guess it’s true, good or bad, publicity is publicity.

Gosh, well I don't recall that all but it's a few years ago now. I did watch her on TV and thought that she did well. I thought that Universal would have started pushing one of Diana's many best of albums but I've seen no movement on that front yet. Decca don't seem to be pushing 'Thank You' either! C'est la vie!

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I have my doubts

Jobeterob, you are correct about IWS. I can count at least five times in which, departing a show, I’ve heard people complementing the performance, the songs, and listing IWS as one of DR’s hits. I followed one couple who were arguing about who had a hit with the song — Diana Ross or Donna Summer!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
    Jobeterob, you are correct about IWS. I can count at least five times in which, departing a show, I’ve heard people complementing the performance, the songs, and listing IWS as one of DR’s hits. I followed one couple who were arguing about who had a hit with the song — Diana Ross or Donna Summer!!! lol
    I can count at least seven times upon leaving a concert i have overheard confused people asking “Why is she singing a Gloria Gaynor song”?. I guess it all depends which shows one attended.

Given the size of the venues she's playing on this tour, it makes total sense why she should pitch the show toward casual fans looking to enjoy the hits. I suppose she could emulate Madonna who pretty much slants her show toward deep cuts on her most recent album with a few re mixes of her vintage hits which certainly frustrates the casual fan there for a trip back to the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    Given the size of the venues she's playing on this tour, it makes total sense why she should pitch the show toward casual fans looking to enjoy the hits. I suppose she could emulate Madonna who pretty much slants her show toward deep cuts on her most recent album with a few re mixes of her vintage hits which certainly frustrates the casual fan there for a trip back to the 80s.
    It would be nice if she did a few preadvertised shows of deep cuts - smaller venues, higher prices . There’s a few people around who would love to hear Summertime live

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I can count at least seven times upon leaving a concert i have overheard confused people asking “Why is she singing a Gloria Gaynor song”?. I guess it all depends which shows one attended.

i’ve never heard anyone discuss that as we exit. Obviously bothers some people, I don’t really care usually. I liked it when she didn’t look of love initially, not 10 years later, I wasn’t horrified when she did more today than yesterday in ‘07, but I do hate it now. I mean it was just a bad album cut from a bad album that didn’t do anything and was nothing. I will survive had a video she didn’t at the Super Bowl it was a giant dance hit throughout Europe and then other continents so you know she did try to stake a claim to it because evidently it mean something to her. I am tired of hearing it I suppose but it just works so well at 99% of the audience loves it for sure. To me it works, so I’m OK with that even though I would prefer something else . I would rather change out the supreme songs. But I’m happy that she looks sensational I love the new dresses and she sounds good enough to please me and she’s healthy enough to tour I have no complaints!