[REMOVE ADS]

Billy Preston, Late At Night / The Way I Am / Pressin' On [Streaming/Motown/UMe]

Having filled the holes in Preston's A&M albums discography overrecentWeekendStreams, UMe now in one drop covers all four of his out-of-print albums for the Motown label. The mostly forgotten soundtrack for the Gabe Kaplan comedy film Fast Break did yield a massive hit, the Top 5 "With You I'm Born Again," a duet with Syreeta Wright. It was included on both the soundtrack album and Billy's proper Motown debut, Late At Night. The Way I Am is notable for striking covers of "A Change is Gonna Come" and the Motown classic "Keep On Truckin'."

Late At Night-
    ‎Late At Night by Billy Preston on Apple Music
    Late At Night by Billy Preston on Amazon Music - Amazon.com

The Way I Am-
    ‎The Way I Am by Billy Preston on Apple Music
    The Way I Am by Billy Preston on Amazon Music - Amazon.com

Pressin' On-
    ‎Pressin' On by Billy Preston on Apple Music
    Pressin' On by Billy Preston on Amazon Music - Amazon.com

Fantastic to hear!!

All three of those albums and the album with Syreeta are also up on Youtube Music Service. I listened to some of his 60's material earlier today [[Instrumentals). It brought to mind Earl Van Dyke's mid 60's work.