[REMOVE ADS]

New version of 1987 "Whitney" album on Apple Music

A newly remixed and remastered version of Whitney's 1987 album has made its way to Apple Music, in celebration of the 35th anniversary of its release. This is available in Apple Music's Dolby Atmos Spatial Audio format. It's very interesting, as there seems to be some alternate lead vocal and background parts sprinkled throughout, along with different instrumentation. I'm on track 5 at the moment [So Emotional]. Most of all, it was refreshing to listen to "Didn't We Almost Have It All" without the distortion on her vocals, toward the end of the song. Awesome!

To listen, you'll need to be subscribed to Apple Music's streaming service, and once you are subscribed, you will have to ensure you have "Dolby Atmos" enabled in your account settings.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    A newly remixed and remastered version of Whitney's 1987 album has made its way to Apple Music, in celebration of the 35th anniversary of its release. This is available in Apple Music's Dolby Atmos Spatial Audio format. It's very interesting, as there seems to be some alternate lead vocal and background parts sprinkled throughout, along with different instrumentation. I'm on track 5 at the moment [So Emotional]. Most of all, it was refreshing to listen to "Didn't We Almost Have It All" without the distortion on her vocals, toward the end of the song. Awesome!

To listen, you'll need to be subscribed to Apple Music's streaming service, and once you are subscribed, you will have to ensure you have "Dolby Atmos" enabled in your account settings.
    Interesting that the estate and/or Sony would remaster for a limited release. Maybe deluxe vinyl/CD versions are on the way.

Hey Jack, that's the 35th anniversary vinyl box of her debut 1985 album released by Vinyl Me Please. It's a beautiful set. They also released a CD and DVD deluxe edition for its 25th anniversary. Here's hoping that they will do something similar for her 2nd album from 1987. For now, we have this new version on Apple Music and I'm loving it