[REMOVE ADS]

New album for Diana

Finally, DIANA ROSS PROJECT friend DavidH says Ms. Ross is working on a symphony album with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra while in the United Kingdom -- I haven't heard anything else about this [[again, I've been FAR outside the loop, on vacation!), but I'm happy to hear she's possibly working on yet another new project!

fantastic !
    she has to title it: I HEAR A SYMPHONY!
    with herself on the cover glammed out , arms reaching up , pits fully on display !!
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 06-06-2022 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    Finally, DIANA ROSS PROJECT friend DavidH says Ms. Ross is working on a symphony album with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra while in the United Kingdom -- I haven't heard anything else about this [[again, I've been FAR outside the loop, on vacation!), but I'm happy to hear she's possibly working on yet another new project!
    Hi, AY! I hope your vacation is/was wonderful. The symphony lp has been rumored for at least a year. It's perhaps the only style of lp that our lady could record that I would have no interest in, BUT others are interested in such a project so I wish it well, as I wish you well!

Blueblock sends regards and is more source for the info. I think she has a week planned to record her vocals.
    Not sure how I feel about new vocals on older songs as some are such classics

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    Blueblock sends regards and is more source for the info. I think she has a week planned to record her vocals.
    Send my dear Bluebrock a big hug and kiss from me please. Is he with Miss Ross on her UK tour?

Hope this is ready for release in the UK for Christmas - it could go BIG.

Please pass my regards on to Bluebrock, daviddh and tell him we sorely miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    Isn't it usually the other way around, with new orchestral arrangements to original vocals?.
    Like you, a bit worried about re-recording such beloved classics, especially as to where her voice is now at 78. I think i might sooner have the album of Supremes songs she recorded in 2000 with Nile Rodgers.

Yes, all of the other Philharmonic recording add a full orchestra to the original vocals and tracks.

Hopefully they'll just add new backgrounds to existing vocals.

Who said something about new vocals to old songs some new songs will be recorded

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    Yes, all of the other Philharmonic recording add a full orchestra to the original vocals and tracks.
    That’s what I thought. I wonder if they will use Supremes songs for the album?. This promises to do very well.

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    Who said something about new vocals to old songs some new songs will be recorded
    You could be right.
    I assumed based on rod Stewart's version.
    With Elvis they used his original vocals for obvious reasons but with Rod her rerecorded his with the new arrangements.
    We will see but the plan is for a Christmas release

It would be great to have a new Christmas album of unreleased songs oh Holy nite
    Last edited by after you; 06-13-2022 at 02:51 PM.

Fun times for this new album