[REMOVE ADS]

Hehehe....i feel better now!

Gang, it's a sunny saturday[well here it is]so, here's the question of the day- what songs put you in a good mood every time you hear em? For me a few are...it' s hard but it's fair[five royales]- te ta te ta ta[ernie k doe]- prison break[the coasters]- barefootin[robert parker]-twistin postman[the marvelettes]- that's my desire[clyde mcphatter]- isn't she pretty[the temptations]- roadrunner[jr.walker& the allstars]..what puts a smile on your face musically?

Good question r&b, I’d go with The Contours' "First I Look At The Purse", always a good one

Hey kid,how are ya? Yep that contours record is a good one!

There's a lot of songs that do that for me, Jai. I could list them, but I'll just drop them as they come to mind. Probably one of the best examples for me:

And this noteworthy cover:

Far too many to name, but here are a few: Bless You; Ain't Too Proud to Beg; Heaven Must Have Sent You; Got Myself a Good Man; Don't Mess With Bill; Needle in a Haystack. Those are of course my Motown favorites. As for non-Motown stuff, just about anything by Dionne Warwick, Denise LaSalle or Phyllis Hyman will do the trick. Yes even Phyllis can put me in a good mood, despite how sad most of her songs were.

Last but not least, the E G Kight song "Sugar Daddies" is a hoot and always fun to play.

Here's another one. The rhythms and harmonies that Tavares blend in this song always make me feel good.

I'm late to the party but....

gets me every time

Oh, wow. I guess it goes without saying on a Soulful Detroit forum, but there are so many Motown songs that put me back as an elementary school-aged kid listening to those songs on Mom and Dad's console stereo. Plus, almost every Atlantic Soul and Stax song that I can think of. Music was just better back then.

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    I'm late to the party but....

gets me every time
    Yes, indeed, ms_m. My family recently lost a cousin, and one of my brothers' fondest memories is of that cousin blasting it out of his hooptie in the '60s.

My condolences to you and your family sansradio and your cousin definitely had good taste.

I agree Jerry Oz. I realize each generation thinks their music was the best but let's face it, you simply can't compare music from back in the day to most of today's tunes.

On a side note, I don't even know any of today's tunes. Err now and then I listen to Spotify or Pandora but even then I'm listening to the oldies stations or Jazz or smooth jazz but prefer listening to my own music collection and since I haven't purchased anything new in the last 10 years or so, don't have a clue what the hits of today are.

Condolences to you on the loss of your cousin, Sans.:[[

Thanks, ms_m and moe.