[REMOVE ADS]

Gladys Knight at Kennedy Center for Dionne Warwick

I watch this telecast mostly because I knew Gladys would be on. When she came out I was astonished at how thin and frail she looked.

Did anyone else notice that Gladys didn't look well? I know she has had some health challenges lately

Here is a clip:

I watched it again, she just doesn't look well for me. I worry for Gladys

I thought she looked good, she's nearly 80 years old. Hopefully she's in good health.

She’s lost weight and she’s old - but she sounded fine; her life has been tough in spots - ups and downs; trouble with husbands kids religion gambling and she seems pretty pissed off at times - maybe from the downs. But she’s been a huge star

She's never been this thin. Reminded me of Aretha at that Elton John fundraiser

I saw her in concert in October 2022 and also noticed how thin and frail she appeared to be. A gentleman accompanied her and held her arm, as she slowly walked onto the stage. My immediate thought was that she seemed ill and not well, based on her energy and how she appeared, but then she started to sing and her energy picked up and she was like her usual self. I haven't been sure if maybe she's looked this way simply due to having lost quite a bit of weight? Or if there is something else going on with her? I remember when Aretha had passed on, she had made a mysterious remark that led many to believe she had cancer at some point in the past. I hope she's ok. I know when older people lose too much weight, it sometimes makes them appear to be frail and ill...I hope that it's just weight loss from lifestyle changes and nothing more. She looks better here than she did when I saw her in October 2022, as she was very thin at that time. Here, she looks more toned/muscular...you can see it in her arms, imo. Maybe she's just working out more, to keep up with her younger husband lol.

I loved her tribute performance for Dionne btw. She still sounds so good. I wish Universal would sign her on for a new album, with wonderful soulful production to compliment her voice. She deserves it. The albums she's done in the past 20+ years haven't done much to showcase her amazing talent, imo.
    Last edited by carlo; 01-01-2024 at 02:41 PM.

If memory serves me Gladys announced after Aretha's death that she had a bout with breast cancer. I'm not liking the way she looks. The voice is still there but she appears a bit too frail

Her voice is still there but yeah she looks very sick and frail.