[REMOVE ADS]

Sharon Cash and Honey Cone

Does anyone know anything about Sharon Cash who sang [[briefly) with
    Honey Cone? I believe as the lead singer. I can't find much on her, how much
    she recorded with the group other than two songs and if there's any pics of
    her with the group. I liked her voice as I remember.
    Last edited by lakeside; 05-31-2022 at 12:47 PM.

I know of two songs on which Cash sang lead for The Honey Cone--"The Truth Will Come Out" and "Somebody Is Always Messing Up a Good Thing." I don't have any further information about her, though.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    I know of two songs on which Cash sang lead for The Honey Cone--"The Truth Will Come Out" and "Somebody Is Always Messing Up a Good Thing." I don't have any further information about her, though.
    Thanks, sans. There seems to be little info. about her stint in Honey Cone on the net.
    With some digging, I did find she has an LP/CD offered on Amazon for about $20, though none are currently available. Her gig in Honey Cone appears to be very brief. I
    wonder if they even did any live shows? Can't find any pics of her with the group. I wonder if her 2 songs with Honey Cone was sort of a trial and when they didn't hit big, they just let the group go?

Find Sharon Cash's songs, tracks, and other music | Last.fm

Last edited by lakeside; 05-31-2022 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    Thanks, sans. There seems to be little info. about her stint in Honey Cone on the net.
    With some digging, I did find she has an LP/CD offered on Amazon for about $20, though none are currently available. Her gig in Honey Cone appears to be very brief. I
    wonder if they even did any live shows? Can't find any pics of her with the group. I wonder if her 2 songs with Honey Cone was sort of a trial and when they didn't hit big, they just let the group go?

Find Sharon Cash's songs, tracks, and other music | Last.fm

I wish I still had my 4-albums-on-two-discs compilation CD of their Hot Wax LPs; I seem to remember the liner notes discussing her tenure with them in some depth. [When I digitized, I gave most of my physical music the heave-ho.]

I really love THE TRUTH WILL COME OUT. When I first heard it, my first thought was "Gosh, Edna's voice changed." I didn't realize she wasn't on the recording.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I really love THE TRUTH WILL COME OUT. When I first heard it, my first thought was "Gosh, Edna's voice changed." I didn't realize she wasn't on the recording.
    Ditto, reese! I thought Edna might have been tipsy.

None of the ladies in Honey Cone are on the Sharon Cash Disk.

Gotta say that like the Supremes, my beloved Honey Cone were established with an iconic and extraordinary lead vocalist. In the case of Honey Cone, without Edna Wright's lead vocals they were just another talented group.

As big a fan as I am of the Cone, I was not aware of this. I thought that all lead vocals were Edna's.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Gotta say that like the Supremes, my beloved Honey Cone were established with an iconic and extraordinary lead vocalist. In the case of Honey Cone, without Edna Wright's lead vocals they were just another talented group.
    I agree! While Sharon Cash sounds great on "Somebody Is Always Messing Up A Good Thing"/"The Truth Will Come Out", it just wasn't the same without Edna Wright on those songs.

PS: Invictus/Hot Wax did the same thing with The Chairmen Of The Board when General Johnson [and the rest of the original lineup] left the group and they replaced him with Prince Harold for "You've Got Extra Added Power In Your Love" in 1976.

Sharon Cash released an album in 1970 called He Lives Within My Soul for the Mother's Records & The Snarf Company label. Also had a single, "Let Me Be The One"/"Heighty Hi" on A&M in 1972.

Sharon Cash | Discography | Discogs

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    I wish I still had my 4-albums-on-two-discs compilation CD of their Hot Wax LPs; I seem to remember the liner notes discussing her tenure with them in some depth. [When I digitized, I gave most of my physical music the heave-ho.]
    I have that set so I’ll dig it out and look at the notes and see if it mentions anything about this singer.

Her two leads are the very last two tracks on that collection.

Name:  2865FC9A-2192-434E-9268-9D3EDCCF4FC2.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  9.8 KB

Name:  7E009AE7-B0DF-4B3F-AA79-4ADFDF860324.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  10.8 KB

BUMP: Since her name came up in the Chuck Jackson thread, I've been madly researching her and stumbled upon this article about a young man who says he's her grandson:

http://voyagela.com/interview/meet-j...f-los-angeles/

Very interesting. Thanks for postings sans. I wonder how Sharon is doing these days and if she still sings?

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    Very interesting. Thanks for postings sans. I wonder how Sharon is doing these days and if she still sings?
    You're welcome! This guy and I just started mutually following one another on IG. I'll finesse a way to ask.

I think they just used the name "Honey Cone", I do not think Shelly Clark or Carolyn Willis are on it.

Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post
    I think they just used the name "Honey Cone", I do not think Shelly Clark or Carolyn Willis are on it.
    I think you're right. Hot Wax/ HDH probably owned the rights to the name.