[REMOVE ADS]

The Moonglows-"The Return of The Moonglows" [RCA] [Streaming/Download iTunes/Amazon]

Cleveland doo-wop group The Moonglows only had fleeting success with mid-'50s singles like "Sincerely," "Please Send Me Someone to Love" and "Ten Commandments of Love." But the voices of leaders Bobby Lester and Harvey Fuqua [later a key figure at Motown and producer of Sylvester's disco smash "You Make Me Feel Mighty Real"] were hard to beat, and in 2000 the group was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Nearly three decades earlier, in 1972, Fuqua and Lester reunited with old and new members for one of their only LPs, cut with the backing of some up-and-coming Philadelphia session players like Norman Harris, Bobby Eli and Earl Young. The songs were mostly updates of their greatest hits, including a version of "Sincerely" that just missed the R&B Top 40.

Sincerely
    2. When I'm With You
    3. You've Chosen Me
    4. I'll Stop Wanting You
    5. Penny Arcade
    6. The Ten Commandments
    7. Most Of All
    8. I Was Wrong
    9. The Beat Of My Heart
    10. Love Is A River

iTunes-
    ‎The Return of the Moonglows by The Moonglows on Apple Music

Amazon-
    The Return of the Moonglows by The Moonglows on Amazon Music - Amazon.com

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  21.1 KB
    The Moonglows were actually from Louisville, Kentucky. But Alan Freed brought them to Cleveland in 1952, to record for his new Champagne Records label, and then got them a deal with Art Sheridan's and Chicago's Chance Records in early 1953, and then Chess records also in Chicago in 1954. Harvey Fuqua and Marvin Gay[[e) were in Chess' later [[second) Moonglows group, after Bobby Lester left the group to try to forge a solo career. And Marvin was a drummer with Gwen and Harvey's Anna records, where Berry Gordy met him and signed him.

Thanks Robb, it's been a while since I last played these.
    Here's a few Chess 45's The Moonglows & Harvey Fuqua 45's including Marvins first ever lead solo on Wax [[Marvin also the joint writer with Harvey), and two 45's with Gwen Gordy & Roquel Billy Davis being the writers. [[can't find the 3rd one but Choock's got one; Link below.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ_v-V_I_Ak
    Last edited by Graham Jarvis; 11-24-2022 at 09:44 AM.