[REMOVE ADS]

Everything Under The Sun

Goy myself an early copy of this and cannot believe what a fabulous job Andy Skurow, Joe Marchese and Gordon Anderson of Real Gone Music have done. The booklet alone is worth the price of entry with plenty of unseen pictures of Meat and Stoney and a fascinating informative essay into the background of how Motown found but let this talented duo get away. With additional material from Ralph Terrana and Shaun Murphy [[Stoney) this is a set I never thought I would live to see on CD let alone in a stunning two disc expanded format. I've always loved It Takes All Kinds Of People and reading about their dislike of the 1978 remixes was a revelation. Mark my words if you haven't ordered it yet then you really need to - you'll kick yourslef if it goes out of print and you haven't.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. You Can Get It Here: https://bit.ly/3IT4O4l

Hi Paul, Thank you so much for that great post!!! We were just thrilled when we heard it was going to happen.....So very sad that Meat didn't live to see it to fruition! We talked about it, as well as doing a duet on the upcoming album he was planning on doing to commemorate the original Stoney and Meatloaf album.....You can get it here: https://bit.ly/3IT4O4l
    Last edited by Shaun Murphy (Stoney); 05-22-2022 at 03:19 PM.

Paul, Thanks for the positive review.

Looking forward to the release of this collection. Great to know that Meat was in favour of its release and what a great idea a new duet would have been. I'm sure Motown fans, Meat fans and those just curious will see that this sells fast. Get it while you can at a reasonable price.

Signed copies. Ooooweee Name:  Shaun Murphy 001.jpg
Views: 674
Size:  90.1 KB

My copy is on pre-order and I can't wait to get it. I've heard about this recording, and listened to a couple of tracks through Youtube, but am soooo looking forward to hearing the entire CD, and reading the notes. I don't know if Joe Marchese did these liner notes but he's one of the best.

Just pre-ordered my copy. I'm really looking forward to this release. Thanks to all involved. Real Gone always does a great job.

Do you know if this will be released digitally as well?

I don't know, Tom.

No worries Ralph.

Normally, if it’s being released digitally, the download would be available for pre-order on sites like iTunes and Amazon. As it’s not, I’m thinking that it's not [yet?] available digitally.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Signed copies. Ooooweee Name:  Shaun Murphy 001.jpg
Views: 674
Size:  90.1 KB
    Pre ordered mine when it was announced, original release early may, now I read a month later. By reading your review, worth the wait and can't wait.

How to get a signed copy? Was not an offer real gone opted for?

Anyway, does not take away the music. Just a few weeks....

With Real Gone, I have often pre-ordered and then discovered as they were shipping that a signed booklet would be included. They don't always know if that will be available so they err on the side of it being a surprise.

Usually, they do not release these projects digitally, only on CD. Usually it is the record company themselves that will release something digitally.
    Last edited by thommg; 05-25-2022 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    With Real Gone, I have often pre-ordered and then discovered as they were shipping that a signed booklet would be included. They don't always know if that will be available so they err on the side of it being a surprise.

Usually, they do not release these projects digitally, only on CD. Usually it is the record company themselves that will release something digitally.
    Would love, love, love, love the surprise.

Anyway, I'm sure I will enjoy the music. We've seen is physical, it's out there, so it is coming. Now just waiting...

And Ms Murphy, thanks for chiming in! Not just for chiming in, thank you for your work, your [[and all others) in making this getting released!

wait, wait, wait....I will....

Thanks thom. So Real Gone is manufacturing the CD release, but is not normally involved with any digital release?

Who would release it digitally then?

Just trying to understand how these things come to be. I will probably buy it on CD anyway

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Thanks thom. So Real Gone is manufacturing the CD release, but is not normally involved with any digital release?

Who would release it digitally then?

Just trying to understand how these things come to be. I will probably buy it on CD anyway
    It is my understanding that Real Gone [[and other reissue companies, like Ace) do not get digital rights. They have the rights for a limited hard copy release. The owner of the tracks, in this case Motown, would have the rights to the digital aspects. The two Bobby Darin albums [[The Motown Years & Go Ahead and Back Up) released by Real Gone are only available via CD. I've never seen the digital tracks offered on Amazon. Real Gone has also worked the opposite way. With The Supremes Sing & Perform Funny Girl and Merry Christmas, they released a CD version at least a year after the digital tracks were released by Motown.

It is my understanding that Real Gone [[and other reissue companies, like Ace) do not get digital rights. They have the rights for a limited hard copy release. The owner of the tracks, in this case Motown, would have the rights to the digital aspects. The two Bobby Darin albums [[The Motown Years & Go Ahead and Back Up) released by Real Gone are only available via CD. I've never seen the digital tracks offered on Amazon. Real Gone has also worked the opposite way. With The Supremes Sing & Perform Funny Girl and Merry Christmas, they released a CD version at least a year after the digital tracks were released by Motown.
    Ah I see! Thanks thom.

I know that Go Ahead and Back Up has actually been released digitally as The Lost Motown Masters. Here it is on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/25PI5MVHu7Oh5h5WcQcFse

Yet Bobby Darin's The Motown Years is not currently available online. Odd! Be interesting to know how and why some are chosen for digital release and others left out.

Just received an email from Real Gone that my CD is on its way!

Quote Originally Posted by johnjeb View Post
    Just received an email from Real Gone that my CD is on its way!
    Me Too! On it's way.

Me three! Sunny days ahead.

But in the UK the pre-order price on Amazon is £39.90 [[$50.29) and I shan't order at that price. Hopefully it will reduce to around half that after release [[3rd June) so I'll wait till then.

My copy just arrived and yes it contains an autograph booklet. It's a beautifully packaged project. Thanks to all involved. Now it's time for the listening party.

Mine is still in transit, expected delivery by Monday. It's shipping from the West Coast and I'm on the East Coast.

It appears anyone who pre-ordered is getting a signed copy by Shaun "Stoney" Murphy! A very nice surprise.

Just had my copy delivered. I received the signed booklet - thank you Stoney & Real Gone! Can't wait to get home and start listening. This release has me very excited. I never thought we'd see this on CD.

So the Amazon price has reduced a little to £36.32 [[$45.62) and I shan't buy at that price.

Will just have to stick with my Big Pink [[Korean) CD for now and keep an eye out for any reductions later.

Listened to this last night, and anyone who ordered this has a real treat coming their way. Aside from the great job on the music, the packaging is fantastic. The booklet is also wonderful. Randy Fairman has written some excellent notes to explain how Stoney & Meatloaf came to be, and what transpired during their tenure at Motown. This is a class release that I am now glad to add to my collection. Thanks to Joe Marchese and Andy Shurow for producing this release - and thanks to Ralph Terrana for his original production and work, and also to Shaun "Stoney" Murphy! Her incredible vocals should never have been locked in a vault for all this time. RIP Meatloaf, thank you for this new music!

Well I did succumb and ordered from Amazon US via Amazon UK [[don't know how that works but it arrived very quickly indeed). It was helped by the price drop of around £10 from the original and the fact I also had a £5 Amazon voucher lol. Also the very positive reviews helped.

But I'm so glad I did.
    Last edited by mysterysinger; 06-12-2022 at 08:56 AM.