[REMOVE ADS]

In And Out Of Love recording questions

I understand that the original backing track for the song was cut in Detroit. Has anyone heard it before? Does it exist? Was it any different than the released version? Were there vocals ever added to this version? I ask because I actually do really like the backing track we all know.

Also it's said that this is one of those songs that Mary and Flo sang on with the Andantes. But the backgrounds don't have that same sound as Stop where its M/F/As which has a full sound where the track in question sounds a little thinner. Are some parts of the song just M and F while others are the A's or did the A's completely replace M and F's original track?

well , hopefully ,if we ever get the expanded edition of Reflections. we may get that answer. George ,Andy ???
    i was under the impression the original mix was lost as it was remixed and the Andantees were added in and no mix with just Mary and Florence existed but then, i heard recently,otherwise.
    with todays technologies and the fact that they find new stuff ,new mixs etc , they may have. hopefully one of the guys can pop in to update us

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    well , hopefully ,if we ever get the expanded edition of Reflections. we may get that answer. George ,Andy ???
    i was under the impression the original mix was lost as it was remixed and the Andantees were added in and no mix with just Mary and Florence existed but then, i heard recently,otherwise.
    with todays technologies and the fact that they find new stuff ,new mixs etc , they may have. hopefully one of the guys can pop in to update us
    It would be nice to receive an update either here or in the "Reflections Expanded Edition" thread --

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...panded-Edition

I was 10 when "Reflections" was released. I'll be 65 in July. Hope to see a "Reflections EE" before I kick the bucket.

I do not think it's on any release schedule.
    Kinda on hold until universal gets off their xxx

i'm not sure about the backing track. i hadn't heard it was lost or anything and i hadn't heard about it first being done in Detroit. I believe the opposite was true with The Happening. the first version was done in LA and I think that was the one used in the film. but the song released by motown was re-recorded in Detroit.

as for the backing vocals, it has been said that M and F recorded their vocals first and then the next day the A's were added to the mix, pretty much covering up the girls. George and others have said, i'm pretty sure, that M and F are still technically on the recording. but pretty much can't be heard whatsoever.