[REMOVE ADS]

R&B/Jazz Fusion Keyboardist/Vocalist Bernard Wright Dies at 58

Just in from Soultracks. His "Who Do You Love" will forever be one of the great bops of my teen years:

https://www.soultracks.com/story-bernard-wright-dies

Read about this in the a.m. Thanks, Sans for the refresher though. Didn't know he played with Miles! Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    Read about this in the a.m. Thanks, Sans for the refresher though. Didn't know he played with Miles! Wow.
    Sure. Don't think I knew about him and Miles, either, but it's not surprising. He was prodigious.

Mirror Online claims "'Nard" is the son of Roberta Flack and he also played with horn maestro, Tom Browne in '79.

Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    Mirror Online claims "'Nard" is the son of Roberta Flack and he also played with horn maestro, Tom Browne in '79.
    He was Roberta's godson. She even confirmed it on her IG account yesterday. The rumor that he was her son has taken on a life of its own ever since the New York Times misreported it 40 years ago in a joint concert review; the reporter must have misheard her. It may still be on their Wiki pages, which is a shame.

On another note, I hear that 'Nard was hit by an auto. Horrible.

Well, this kind of wrecked my state of mind. I remember buying his debut record. He was only 17 years old and playing jazz piano. I hope his family and loved ones have enough pleasant memories to keep the thought of his passing from being all they think of during this time.

I still have his album "Nard" with him on the cover with his afro. Bread Sandwiches was one of my faves. Such a shame, way to young. I also heard it was a car accident. RIP.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; 05-22-2022 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Just in from Soultracks. His "Who Do You Love" will forever be one of the great bops of my teen years:

https://www.soultracks.com/story-bernard-wright-dies
    I just heard "Who Do You Love" yesterday, now I know why. RIP.

This sucks. "Who Do You Love", I have fond memories attached to this song. Instantly takes me back to my childhood.