[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    I suspect the song will gain traction after the movie’s release in July.
    I really hope so. It would certainly bode well for the tour.

I really hope Bluebrock is on board and advising Diana.

As Diana is the final act in the Jubilee concert they want to leave the party bopping so the final song should be Chain Reaction.

It's the one song many of those in the crowd will know.

It's been so long since Diana has been in the UK her profile is low but at least Radio 2 has done its best.

Had anyone any idea how well tickets are moving?.

With lots of hope and love There’s going to be a lot more admiration for Diana Ross and maybe a new hit single number one baby here we come

diana will be recording with the philharmonic orchestra , in UK for an album release later this year

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    No sign of it on the chart that matters, the UK Top 100 Singles chart. This is the one that feeds the Guinness Book of Hit Records.
    As previously posted, its record of the week on BBC2, that will push the record together with the movie release.

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    I really hope Bluebrock is on board and advising Diana.
    Wish he was around to tell us how things are going.

The forum just isn't the same without his insider knowledge :[[

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    diana will be recording with the philharmonic orchestra , in UK for an album release later this year
    That sounds great. Where did you hear this news?

6.1.2022 DIANA'S NEW BILLBOARD DEBUT! Diana's collaboration with Tame Impala, "Turn Up the Sunshine," has debuted on Billboard's Adult Contemporary chart!!!!

#24 U.S. Billboard Adult Contemporary

This is the first time the Supreme Diva has been on the AC chart since her 2005 duet with Rod Stewart, "I've Got a Crush On You." From Diana Ross the greatest

Now top 15 on British airplay chart

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    6.1.2022 DIANA'S NEW BILLBOARD DEBUT! Diana's collaboration with Tame Impala, "Turn Up the Sunshine," has debuted on Billboard's Adult Contemporary chart!!!!

#24 U.S. Billboard Adult Contemporary

This is the first time the Supreme Diva has been on the AC chart since her 2005 duet with Rod Stewart, "I've Got a Crush On You." From Diana Ross the greatest

https://radioinsight.com/blogs/22670...-song-of-2022/

I saw some kind of car commercial this morning that had a tie in with the movie. Playing in the background was this song.

6.13.2022 DIANA ROSS' collaborative single with Tame Impala, "Turn Up the Sunshine," has risen to #4 on BBC Radio 2's Airplay Chart! Do you think it will reach the #1 spot???

From Diana Ross the greatest
    Last edited by after you; 06-13-2022 at 02:57 PM.

Good for her !
    Seems peculiar to have the #4 record as she’s touring there and not perform it …

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    6.13.2022 DIANA ROSS' collaborative single with Tame Impala, "Turn Up the Sunshine," has risen to #4 on BBC Radio 2's Airplay Chart! Do you think it will reach the #1 spot???

From Diana Ross the greatest
    Apparently it has now reached #1

#1 where please?

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    #1 where please?
    On the BBC Chart that’s been referred to above

any info on usa charts

I’m glad it’s not included in the show......yet. I think the average Joe who attends her concerts would be left rather bemused.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    On the BBC Chart that’s been referred to above
    Thanks. This of course is totally irrelevant. It's sales & streams that count so that it gets into the Official UK Top 100 Singles Chart which feeds the record books. It has zero chance as it's awful.

Now I see a post saying it’s reentered the Official Sales chart at 87 and the download chart at 83

How do we like that?! The download placing is higher - for an old lady and all

https://kworb.net/itunes/artist/dianaross.html
    It is #11 on Israel's iTunes,#52vin Israel and #81 in the UK.

Still not in the Official UK Top 100 Singles Chart which is the only one that counts guys!

https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/singles-chart/

I Absolutely love this song full of fun, in love that’s what we need right now and after a few more concerts who knows the song can go to number one love love love love love this song

#1 in which country, La-La Land! Keep it real please. It's the kids who buy music like this and they are not into Diana or anyone of that generation. Sadly but not surprisingly there is also no sign yet of 'Thank You' or anything else re-entering the UK albums chart. Why? Lack of any PR that's why and lack of interest by casual fans! There's just a week now till Glastonbury so not much time left for the PR machine to spring into life assuming it's still working!

Sadly the chances of Diana having another UK chart hit are slim to none.

The only possibility is if she was to do a duet with someone like Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift.

Actual sales count for very little today, the chart is driven by Streaming and artists of Diana's generation just don't get these in big enough numbers.

It's an arbitrary figure they use as to how many Streams equal one "sale".

It's a nonsense that every Stream counts - many just put on playlist when they see a few songs they like and it plays out with every song getting a credit.

If Diana had gone through with appearing in 2014 I have no doubt she would have been rewarded with a #1 for one of her Greatest Hits albums as sales were still King then.

It's a pity that the RPO album hadn't been recorded in time for her current appearances in the UK but it beggars belief that neither Decca nor Universal has done promotion on ANYTHING.

It's just a pity that we couldn't get any feedback from Bluebrock on what exactly the situation was.

Our local fitness club was playing Turn up the Sunshine today!, [[some type radio/video service)

I like Turn Up the Sunshine and her vocal, but I now think it is not age appropriate. At 78, and at this stage in her career, she should do something more dignified. And, I don’t mean more that “religion of positive thinking” crap put into song.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    I like Turn Up the Sunshine and her vocal, but I now think it is not age appropriate. At 78, and at this stage in her career, she should do something more dignified. And, I don’t mean more that “religion of positive thinking” crap put into song.
    Your never to old to have a bit fun Circa.
    The proposed album with the Philharmonic Orchestra promises to be a little more dignified.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/07/04/m...ice/index.html
    'Minions: The Rise of Gru' breaks box office records

By Frank Pallotta, CNN Business

Updated 3:03 PM EDT, Mon July 04, 2022

It has been many years since my last 7"vinyl records with new music by Diana Ross. Dutch pressing with only a track on the A-side. Side B is etched vinyl with the title.

Name:  turnup.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  105.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by motown_marc View Post
    It has been many years since my last 7"vinyl records with new music by Diana Ross. Dutch pressing with only a track on the A-side. Side B is etched vinyl with the title.

Name:  turnup.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  105.2 KB
    Very nice, motown_marc! Mine is on the way from Decca as well

It's #19, on chart of 6 weeks, on the Adult Contemporary Chart in Billboard. Perhaps a chance of making the Top 100??

Didn't realise it had been released as a vinyl single in the UK.

#5 on this week's vinyl chart.