[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I Hear a Symphony is my choice for a Supremes song. IMO it is classy and elegant, a perfect choice to perform for royalty

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Perhaps Evan came back out and assisted her again.
    I didn't realise it was Evan who led her on until I saw this photo. Name:  Diana-Ross-Evan-Ross.jpg
Views: 758
Size:  77.0 KB

The BBC has confirmed that she did NOT lip sync.

Quote Originally Posted by dba View Post
    The BBC has confirmed that she did NOT lip sync.
    Do they think we're deaf? At the end of "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" you can hear her live over her prerecorded vocal. It is quite clear what was prerecorded and what was live. Her prerecorded vocals sound great, on key. Singing live she tended to go flat on the higher notes.

BBC is getting to be about as legit as CNN these days

The only performer in the world who can sing and blow kisses at the same time.
    Perhaps they mean she was singing along to prerecorded vocals.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    BBC is getting to be about as legit as CNN these days
    Says the fan of FAUX NEWS.

Diana Ross is on her way to having One Million views on You Tube for her spectacular singing performance during the QE2 Jubilee Concert in London. Quite impressive! Was the crowd larger than her two audiences at her New York Central Park Concerts?

Tickets sold was approximately 22,000. BBC TV viewership was approximately 13.4 Million. Above information per wiki search.

e

So when does her UK tour start? And Glastonbury?

Quote Originally Posted by TNSUN View Post
    Diana Ross is on her way to having One Million views on You Tube for her spectacular singing performance during the QE2 Jubilee Concert in London. Quite impressive! Was the crowd larger than her two audiences at her New York Central Park Concerts?
    22000 vs about 350,000 a night - no comparison but perhaps a bit similar in impact?

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    I didn't realise it was Evan who led her on until I saw this photo. Name:  Diana-Ross-Evan-Ross.jpg
Views: 758
Size:  77.0 KB
    When I saw her being led out onto the stage, I thought she is toooo old to go alone. Now I know it was Evan, and her way to again pimp the kids into the act. She needs to stop.

She had such grace and elegance as only Diana Ross can do each year she keeps adding to her legacy , after all she’s the worlds greatest female entertainer

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    When I saw her being led out onto the stage, I thought she is toooo old to go alone. Now I know it was Evan, and her way to again pimp the kids into the act. She needs to stop.
    I don’t think so

There are good arguments that Tracee for sure and possibly Evan are bigger current stars than their mom

Have been reading tweets from some who attended the concert saying they felt short changed by Diana’s performance. Personally I think it was a good showing.
    I see many rave reviews regarding Alicia Keys immaculate vocals and simplistic stage presentation. For many one of the highlights of the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Have been reading tweets from some who attended the concert saying they felt short changed by Diana’s performance. Personally I think it was a good showing.
    I see many rave reviews regarding Alicia Keys immaculate vocals and simplistic stage presentation. For many one of the highlights of the evening.
    I guess different strokes for different folks. I'm not really an Alicia fan but I enjoyed her segment, although I found her vocals to be on the raspy side.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I guess different strokes for different folks. I'm not really an Alicia fan but I enjoyed her segment, although I found her vocals to be on the raspy side.
    I wish Diana could have added one more medley.

But I see reviews saying she was the highlight of the show and the closing had everyone on their feet

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    The closing had everyone on their feet
    The concert was held in a playing field with standing room only except for royals and guests. I guess some might have risen from their camping stools to cheer her on.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I don’t think so

There are good arguments that Tracee for sure and possibly Evan are bigger current stars than their mom
    In no world is Evan a bigger star than his mother. His music career went nowhere. His reality with his wife was cancelled after one season. He's works steadily as an actor, but he's not in Tracee's league in the acting world. He's best known as Diana Ross' son and Ashlee Simpson's husband.

I've no problems if he's accompanying on his mother on her UK/European summer tour. I'm sure she'd rather have family around what may be prove to be a grueling tour given her age. Just so long as he's not slated to be an opening act. If he is, hopefully he's improved since I saw him open for his mother at Hollywood Bowl about 10 years ago or so as his performance was lackluster.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    In no world is Evan a bigger star than his mother. His music career went nowhere. His reality with his wife was cancelled after one season. He's works steadily as an actor, but he's not in Tracee's league in the acting world. He's best known as Diana Ross' son and Ashlee Simpson's husband.

I've no problems if he's accompanying on his mother on her UK/European summer tour. I'm sure she'd rather have family around what may be prove to be a grueling tour given her age. Just so long as he's not slated to be an opening act. If he is, hopefully he's improved since I saw him open for his mother at Hollywood Bowl about 10 years ago or so as his performance was lackluster.
    Evan, as in all her children appears devoted to his mother, so it would be really nice if she does have family accompanying her on the tour. He has a nice enough voice, but has certainly made more of a splash as an actor. I really liked “How To Live Alone”.
    I thought a duet between the two might have featured on the ‘Thank You’ set as i’m sure i remember reading they had recorded one.

Chart postions for Diana Ross UK 10 June

Singles Sales Chart

#35 Thank You [[re-entry previously peaked at #38)
    #51 Chain Reaction
    #75 Ain't No Mountain High Enough

Albums Physical Sales

#23 The Greatest [[2011 Compilation which peaked at #24 on Offical UK Album Top 100)
    #64 Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    Chart postions for Diana Ross UK 10 June

Singles Sales Chart

#35 Thank You [[re-entry previously peaked at #38)
    #51 Chain Reaction
    #75 Ain't No Mountain High Enough

Albums Physical Sales

#23 The Greatest [[2011 Compilation which peaked at #24 on Offical UK Album Top 100)
    #64 Thank You
    That's awesome.

As for lip syncing, let's recall that Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers did just that in their classic movies. This ensured the best possible soundtrack production and enabled the two to concentrate on performances of their elaborate, meticulous dance routines, often through multiple takes, without the need to pay for the orchestra to keep the energy up for the countless hours it took to get just the right marriage of sight and sound. And musical segments for almost all the other movies you've seen from the '30s onward were prerecorded as well.

As for the dress, the tiered skirt seemed like a reminder of the outfits Diana Ross and The Supremes wore for their first performance on The Ed Sullivan Show. Unfortunately, it was not structured as well as those, as the top tier blew upward several times, revealing that it was made too fast and with too little attention to how it would flow as she moved. And it is time for Diana to ditch all the coats she's worn for the last 40 years and to drop all the black gowns and get back to brighter colors.

Still, it was great seeing her at the top of the bill on this momentous occasion. It's amazing to realize that her career has lasted some 62 years, not that many years less that Elizabeth II's career.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Says the fan of FAUX NEWS.

enjoy a decent edible, watch tucker Carlson and laugh your ass off! Lots of people are treating his show like the new Seinfeld. It’s so absurd it’s funny on that level but what makes it even funnier is that there are people that believe what he says, even when he says he didn’t say it the next day. They just believe it. Do you notice Fox News is not showing the Republicans who, under oath, are talking about what a fraud Trump and his election crap is. Even people he appointed are not willing to go to jail to lie for him.

Wonderful to see the endless amount of glowing comments on the YouTube video of Ms Ross' Jubilee performance, which now has 1.3 million views! It made me so happy to see her on tv again, beaming her smile, dazzling and spreading that loving energy of hers. Loved the earrings too. I was worried she was going to fall down those stairs in that huge dress. Thank God she didn't stumble!

I totally agree carlo

Quote Originally Posted by benross View Post
    As for lip syncing, let's recall that Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers did just that in their classic movies. This ensured the best possible soundtrack production and enabled the two to concentrate on performances of their elaborate, meticulous dance routines, often through multiple takes, without the need to pay for the orchestra to keep the energy up for the countless hours it took to get just the right marriage of sight and sound. And musical segments for almost all the other movies you've seen from the '30s onward were prerecorded as well.

As for the dress, the tiered skirt seemed like a reminder of the outfits Diana Ross and The Supremes wore for their first performance on The Ed Sullivan Show. Unfortunately, it was not structured as well as those, as the top tier blew upward several times, revealing that it was made too fast and with too little attention to how it would flow as she moved. And it is time for Diana to ditch all the coats she's worn for the last 40 years and to drop all the black gowns and get back to brighter colors.

Still, it was great seeing her at the top of the bill on this momentous occasion. It's amazing to realize that her career has lasted some 62 years, not that many years less that Elizabeth II's career.
    Fred And Ginger!!. What an extremely odd analogy. I must have missed those beautifully. choreographed Diana dance routines lol. Virtually all film musicals are lip synced to the soundtrack. I fail to see how that relates to a supposedly live concert performance unless an artist is performing energetic dance moves.
    Generally, most people would prefer to hear a live vocal as opposed to a recording they can play at home. It makes for a one off performance as opposed to the same thing duplicated night after night. A few have tweeted they felt short changed by Diana’s performance, but the majority of opinion has been positive which is wonderful.
    I thought she did great.

Fred And Ginger!!. What an extremely odd analogy. I must have missed those beautifully. choreographed Diana dance routines lol. Virtually all film musicals are lip synced to the soundtrack. I fail to see how that relates to a supposedly live concert performance unless an artist is performing energetic dance moves.
    Generally, most people would prefer to hear a live vocal as opposed to a recording they can play at home. It makes for a one off performance as opposed to the same thing duplicated night after night. A few have tweeted they felt short changed by Diana’s performance, but the majority of opinion has been positive which is wonderful.
    I thought she did great.
    Can't help but ask, when you fake sing, what would you have to do to not do great ? Face the wrong way?

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Can't help but ask, when you fake sing, what would you have to do to not do great ? Face the wrong way?
    Down a dry martini while your voice can still be heard over the monitors. Turning the wrong way would be exceptionally rude.

Down a dry martini while your voice can still be heard over the monitors. Turning the wrong way would be exceptionally rude.
    hopefully problems concerning that issue are behind her

There was no fake singing it’s her voice and no one else’s

But she was singing along to a track of her voice which explains why she could break to blow kisses.

In a way her performance of the jubilee of singing over her pre recorded of her voice has a precedence of when the Supremes appeared on Andy Williams show and performed Love is Here and Now You're Gone. Mary and Flo completely lip synched, but Diana sang live over parts of the recorded version of her voice. It actually enhanced the performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    But she was singing along to a track of her voice which explains why she could break to blow kisses.

In a way her performance of the jubilee of singing over her pre recorded of her voice has a precedence of when the Supremes appeared on Andy Williams show and performed Love is Here and Now You're Gone. Mary and Flo completely lip synched, but Diana sang live over parts of the recorded version of her voice. It actually enhanced the performance.

Actually Mary & Flo are singing live like Diana. They don’t have a mic so that’s why we don’t hear them. At one point, you can see Flo behind Diana singing “Ooo” that isn’t on the record at 2:19 and you can hear them get picked up on Diana’s mic. So they’re all singing live in addition to the track. Double Supremes!
    Last edited by bradsupremes; 06-13-2022 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    Actually Mary & Flo are singing live like Diana. They don’t have a mic so that’s why we don’t hear them. At one point, you can see Flo behind Diana singing “Ooo” that isn’t on the record at 2:19 and you can hear them get picked up on Diana’s mic. So they’re all singing live in addition to the track. Double Supremes!
    i always get a kick out of Flo's lip syncing especially during the oooooo parts. typically she does about 2 seconds of mouthing the oooo and then she just smiles lol

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    Personally not too sure about the dress - I thought it was maybe to disguise the fact she's put on weight?
    No sign of her putting on weight at the Leeds concert last night. If she had put on weight, she’s certainly lost it in the 10 days since the Platinum performance. She looked fab.

Yes - she's looking great - don't know what she wore that dress at the Jubilee Concert for.

I've 8 days to wait for my concert - flying over to London by Easyjet - living in fear that they might have another round of flight cancellations.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    No sign of her putting on weight at the Leeds concert last night. If she had put on weight, she’s certainly lost it in the 10 days since the Platinum performance. She looked fab.
    If I had been asked, I would have thought she gained weight but I would say to myself - at 78, she looks very good and she should do what she wants, eat what she wants etc. However I doubt she would do that.

I think she is wearing some dresses suitable for an older lady [[called "old lady dresses") and sometimes they seem to add a few pounds.

Again, if I were asked to choose, I would not have chosen that dress for her to wear for the Jubilee - but as usual, no one asked. Some of the more recent choices looked better on her.