[REMOVE ADS]

It's a Good Thing Mickey Stevenson Listened to Berry Gordy

Nice lead-in to Richard Johnson's New York Daily News column with a great pic:

https://www.nydailynews.com/snyde/ny...gb4-story.html

I’m intrigued…. But it won’t let me access the website in the UK. Can anyone copy and paste the story?

Name:  2022-05-16 17_14_41-Free Screencapture.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  17.0 KB
    Mickey Stevenson wanted to be a singer, but Motown legend Berry Gordy listened to him warble and had other ideas.

“Your voice is for s--t,” Gordy told him. “I want you to be an A&R [artists and repertoire] man.”
    That’s how we started Motown,” Stevenson told me. “I found out I had that gift.”
    Stevenson will be inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame on June 16 at the Marriott Marquis with Mariah Carey, Annie Lenox, Dave Stewart, Steve Miller, Paul Williams and The Isley Brothers.
    PAID POST

Fun read [[or listen, if you prefer!) Nice to see Stevenson with a headline mention.