[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Slaves - Dionne

Slaves - Dionne

This musta been from the early 70s - even before the likes of 'Mandingo' - where Dionne seemed to sing anything for a packet or two of Marlboros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpN2RYaDJOY

1969. She chews every millimeter of scenery in this. Camp classic!

When Dionne appeared on WATCH WHAT HAPPENS LIVE!, host Andy Cohen tickled Dionne when he showed the scene of her spitting in the face of her master, Stephen Boyd.

That movie was great & Dionne did a great acting job. She had said later that she really didn't like acting.

Back in the day before there were "direct to video" movies, there were movies which were destined for the drive-ins. "Slaves" must have been one of those. Though Stephen Boyd was a good actor and made some great films such as "Ben Hur," I guess this would have been towards the end of his career.

I know I saw this once years ago, but will def have to see it. Thanks for the link, @LeviST.
    Last edited by kenneth; 05-16-2022 at 06:24 PM.

I saw it in early 70's in San Diego with Mary Wells & Cecil Womack & Mary thought Dionne did a great job too. I will have to watch it again.