[REMOVE ADS]

This comes under the category of WTF.....

Nina bought a new Jeep Compass a couple of months ago. Today she discovered there was no spare tire. Further investigation would show most new cars no longer come with spare tires. It is now considered an accessory.
    WTF!! She was told the reason for this was to make the car lighter. WTF!!!WTF!!! Think I'll keep my older Ford a while longer.

I remember when a full-size spare tire became a donut spare and now no spare period. I bought my Kia new in 2013 and it didn't come with a spare even then. Also my Kia was one of the last years they included a CD player as standard. I'll keep it just for that as long as I can.

No spares. No lighters. I'm glad I don't smoke or get flats.

Spare tires are now on our waistlines instead of our trunks, Ralph! 'Ya get a bit of a seal 'n pump thing, if you are lucky. Did the dealer work in a 'market adjustment' as well? And ... just how did Nina make the discovery? I hope she didn't have a flat.

I removed the floor of the trunk for the first time to clean it.
    No spare -- just a Tire Service Kit to inflate a punctured tire.
    Upon further research and reading the specs inside of the driver's
    side door, I learned that my car does not come with a spare.

The phasing out of CD players concerns me more than the spare tire issue! I was lucky enough to still get one in my 2019 Subaru Legacy and I am now making plans to get a new Forester, which will also have one. At my age, I am hoping that will then be my last car and that the CD player will last as long as I do!

That sucks ralph, pretty soon new cars are gonna come to your door in parts that you'll have to assemble yourself,with no spare tire...this country is going to hell in a hand basket...thank god for you and soulful detroit, where we boomers can still get together and laugh to keep from cryin!!!