[REMOVE ADS]

Wink Diddy AKA Love [[2017) Signs One Album Imprint Deal - Motown/Love Records

Strange report in Billboard & Page Six: Apparently, Diddy/Love has signed an exclusive [[1) one album deal with Motown. Along w/an Imprint of his Love Records. States he will showcase R & B [[better not be that fake-me-out trap/drill hooey! Not falling for it!!) from hot collabs and songwriters to cap off his Bad Boy legacy returning to music. Ms. Ethiopia seems pleased as punch!!

Thoughts?

Also, Diddy/Love shouted out his Motown/Love Records deal at the BBMA, where he was the host. [["I'm not even human...imma ' frequency!") He was the EP of the show too. His 1st signed singer/songwriter was R&B, Jozzy singing "Replay." Hizzy wrote Billy Ray Cyrus' [[Hanna Montana's pop) verse on Lil Nas X's 1st smash, "Old Town Road." She penned tunes for Mary J, Summer Walker and others. Diddy/Love calls her "R&B Biggie. "

Time will tell what kind of R&B he's talking about. I didn't watch or want to see Jozzy. Because I don't like being drawn in by the so-called " new R&B/Soul for the week of..."then, to only hear the Trap/Drill/Mumble rap tinged with a some timey R&B track hybrid. Has Papa Bush famously said: "Ain't gonna do it." Granted, Snoop paid homage to the genre early in his career. Even going so far as to publicly state his love for Clinton's P-funk and the Ohio funk bands. Also, that Warren G, "Regulators" sat quite nicely, IMO, in the Canon. Diddy gave us flashes of it in what he calls "R&B Biggie" - those Deep Soul collabs with his future wife, Faith Evans. And his tribute song, "Missing You" after he passed. Oh, and then there's his work with his "The Family" and Mary J's, "What's the 411." [[Which I still keep on repeat in the ride!!) Honorable Mention: Carl Thomas [["Summer Rain") whom he billed as a "Soul crooner," at the time. However, he was ahead of his time and Puffy didn't know how to keep the momentum. I believe what started this whole hybrid hullabaloo was Jacquess telling the masses [[particularly Keith Sweat) that he was the " King of R&B!" After Jozzy, we'll see if he course corrects. Again time will tell. Let's see what Ms. Ethiopia does also. Rant over.
    Last edited by nativeNY63; 05-20-2022 at 10:45 PM.

Good luck to them for this, no one has to like everything Motown.

We're trying. We really are trying. But because the label is no longer in BG's hands, it'll NEVER be THAT Motown. His creation will outlive him and the industry. And he's in his 90s!! No one can question and/or detract from its revelance and deep, enduring cultural influence. The current state of Ms. Ethiopia Habtemariam's version? "You're just a Motown in search of a Berry Gordy!!" - BG in the music metaverse.

Breaking News: Brandy bout to sign with Motown. New music on the way - album. She was spitting fire on the BET Awards w/ Jack Harlow. That is all.

Reports also say Diddy's rapping up production on his r & B album. Got an Lifetime Achievement award at BET Awards.

Isn't Diddy the guy whose had about 26 different names?

I don’t know much about him but I do like this song which he is apparently on [alongside Faith Evans, who I do like!]…