[REMOVE ADS]

Motown Museum's Duke Fakir Book Signing

Hello All,
    I wanted to share with you some details and photos of yesterday's Duke Fakir book signing at the Motown Museum's downtown store. It was a wonderful time for all who attended and felt almost like a family get together. The mood was very relaxed and everyone was free to partake of refreshments and mingle with others for the first hour of the event as it was for Museum members and alumni. Duke arrived and entered to a lively round of applause from those gathered to meet him. He looked sharp as always! Paul Riser arrived soon after. He is an easy going man, very approachable and loves to chat. The Velvelettes' Cal Street and Bertha Barbee-McNeal also attended the event. It was nice to see them again after meeting them at Diana Ross' concert in Grand Rapids in 2019. We greeted each other with hugs and hellos! Cal's son Richard Street Jr. also came with them. He sure is his father's son, the resemblance is definitely there. Like I said, it was a very nice afternoon. We were all hoping Martha might show up but as of the time I left she had not made an appearance. Paul told me she didn't live far from where we were. I was also able to meet forum member Nsoule for the first time at the event which was nice. We exchanged some Motown related ephemera that we both had duplicates of the other didn't, which was great. I've stated before on the forum to please support the Motown Museum if you already aren't a member. I had a once in a lifetime experience all made possible by them. A couple of times I just stood there thinking to myself, wow, this is crazy to be in such company! I told Robin Terry what a great job she is doing continuing her grandmother's legacy and vision. She was very touched and said they're a big set of shoes to fill, but she's doing her best. We can help all by supporting their mission.
    Darin

Name:  Duke Arriving.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  72.9 KB

Name:  Duke Sitting.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  89.3 KB

Duke and Paul Riser....

Name:  Duke Paul 3.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  81.0 KB

Duke with Bertha and Cal

Name:  Duke Velvelettes.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  53.7 KB

Cal, Robin Terry and Bertha

Name:  Cal Robin Bertha.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  97.0 KB

Cal and Paul Riser

Name:  Cal Paul.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  88.9 KB

Sorry, I had more photos to post but they're all loading sideways even after resizing etc. I'll try and post more later on.

[[Crazy to be in such company " indeed DWS!!! Wowwie-wow. Can you share any tidbits of convo with said company? Puhleeezzzz...