[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Diana's family

Diana's family

Can anyone name the people in this picture with Diana Ross ? I can easily tell the man standing next to Diana on her right is her dad Fred Ross. The woman next to her could possibly be her mom but does not look like Earnestine. How about the other man and woman ? Grandparents maybe ?
    Name:  Diana'sfamily.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  47.2 KB

Wonderful pic! Sorry I can't be of much more help, but Ernestine is definitely not pictured. I wonder if one of the women is her oft-mentioned Aunt Bea...
    Last edited by sansradio; 05-06-2022 at 12:30 PM.

On a related note, here's a fascinating breakdown of Diana's family tree. If the article is accurate [and it may not be--it lists Ernestine's passing as occurring 10 years later than it did], we can rule out both grandmothers and at least one grandfather [ETA: Her maternal grandfather died in '68, though...judging from Diana's look/style here, this appears to be from the early '70s, so my hunch is aunts/uncles/other family/friends]:

https://www.genealogymagazine.com/di...0April%201880.
    Last edited by sansradio; 05-06-2022 at 02:08 PM.

This was at Diana's family reunion in Tennessee in 1970. The woman and man to the left of Diana are Bea and George Cope, who raised Fred Ross after his parents died. The woman on the end is Edna Martin, a relative, I assume. If memory serves me, this is the reunion where Diana once remembered that all the young people gathered around her to watch her eat and she had to remind them that she was human just like they are. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    This was at Diana's family reunion in Tennessee in 1970. The woman and man to the left of Diana are Bea and George Cope, who raised Fred Ross after his parents died. The woman on the end is Edna Martin, a relative, I assume. If memory serves me, this is the reunion where Diana once remembered that all the young people gathered around her to watch her eat and she had to remind them that she was human just like they are. Lol
    Thanks for the info Ran.

Thanks a million, RanRan!

You're welcome Ollie and Sans!!

You're welcome Ollie and Sans!!
    So when's the book due, dude? I mean, that was seriously impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    So when's the book due, dude? I mean, that was seriously impressive!
    Which book, the one published by Google? Cuz that's where the info came from. I had seen that photo many times before. I just reversed image search and found the caption identifying who's who. Reese is the one whose book we should be waiting on. I mean, geez, every time someone has a Supremes question he almost sure to answer it. Surprise I beat him to this one. He must have been on vacation.

As for my tell all expose on the forum, Dramaboy: My Life With Soulful Detroit, I'm just waiting on the last of the doxxing information to be compiled so that I can accurately name the multiple personalities in the forum instead of guessing. I have to protect myself from lawsuits, you understand. And don't worry, you are definitely one of the good guys in the book. Ollie...not so much.

Which book, the one published by Google? Cuz that's where the info came from. I had seen that photo many times before. I just reversed image search and found the caption identifying who's who. Reese is the one whose book we should be waiting on. I mean, geez, every time someone has a Supremes question he almost sure to answer it. Surprise I beat him to this one. He must have been on vacation.

As for my tell all expose on the forum, Dramaboy: My Life With Soulful Detroit, I'm just waiting on the last of the doxxing information to be compiled so that I can accurately name the multiple personalities in the forum instead of guessing. I have to protect myself from lawsuits, you understand. And don't worry, you are definitely one of the good guys in the book. Ollie...not so much.
    Actually I was on vacation. But seriously, the only thought I had was that it was probably taken at the 1970 family reunion that was mentioned in one of the Diana books. But I had no clue who the specific relatives were. Thanks for the info.

Bad boys have the most fun I’ll have you know.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Actually I was on vacation.
    Called it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Bad boys have the most fun I’ll have you know.
    I have it on good authority that it's surfer boys who might hold that claim.

Well, only the good die young…

It’s probably a safe bet to say that Edna Martin is Mr. Ross’ elder sister Edna, who’s cited in the link I posted above. And George Cope was first married to Fred’s aunt Ella Ross; George married Bea after Ella’s passing.

As for your forthcoming book…just spell my screen name right.😁
    Last edited by sansradio; 05-10-2022 at 08:28 AM.

Thank you, I was always curious as to who these folks were. It makes sense that that they are on Fred's side since Earnestine is not pictured.