[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: jJackie Jackson

jJackie Jackson

Played this album for the first time in years yesterday. Was this the oldest Jackson brothers only solo LP? or were there more?
    Name:  R-1310991-1208631462.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  97.2 KB

He cut a second one for Polydor in ‘89; had a top 40 R&B hit with the single “Stay.”

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    Played this album for the first time in years yesterday. Was this the oldest Jackson brothers only solo LP? or were there more?
    Name:  R-1310991-1208631462.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  97.2 KB
    It was his only solo lp. Despite his brothers Michael and Jermaine having solo success, this lp sank into oblivion so there were no others from him. It's not a bad set, but not a great one either.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    It was his only solo lp. Despite his brothers Michael and Jermaine having solo success, this lp sank into oblivion so there were no others from him. It's not a bad set, but not a great one either.
    See my post above yours. The self-titled album was his first solo album [and only solo outing for Motown]; his second, Be the One, was a Polydor release in '89.

Name:  jackie.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  32.5 KB

https://www.discogs.com/release/2118...son-Be-The-One
    Last edited by sansradio; 05-05-2022 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    See my post above yours. The self-titled album was his first solo album [and only solo outing for Motown]; his second, Be the One, was a Polydor release in '89.

Name:  jackie.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  32.5 KB

https://www.discogs.com/release/2118...son-Be-The-One
    I should have been more specific, I meant that it was his only solo lp for Motown

ESTONIA
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333598386...kAAOxyuPtQ9~hB

USA
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255506844...UAAOSwSkpiZMZG

There always seem to be bootleg CDs of the Motown album on Ebay from Estonia and there's a used one on from the USA. Apart from the high cost I'm unsure of the quality, but I would welcome a legitimate release from Music On Cd or similar.
    Last edited by mysterysinger; 05-05-2022 at 02:44 PM.

I think I’ve listened to most, if not all, of this album at some point or other. I recall it being quite nice, rather Stylistics-esque. My favourite is "Love Don't Want To Leave"

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    I think I’ve listened to most, if not all, of this album at some point or other. I recall it being quite nice, rather Stylistics-esque. My favourite is "Love Don't Want To Leave"

You're right, friend Tom - a BIG Stylistics influence. Be well!

Most songs written by C Yarian with The Corporation. Christine Yarian Perren being the wife of Freddie Perren. Very pleasant album.

Mind you this one is an old Motown classic.

Seems to me, Jackie was in MJ's AND Jermaine's shadow. Always felt his vocals were not really appreciated by the J5/Jacksons fans. Case[[s) in point: Re-listen to their earlier hits, such as "Dancing Machine. " His vocals are cocoa butter and shea smooth. Then re-watch A&E's The Jack5ons Family Dynasty; I've stated this in another thread, his vocals are clear and silky in the living room of their bungalow. The scene is "the brothers" critiquing Jackie's production work for the then upcoming reunion tour. They even refer to him as "the oldest...big brother!!" His tracks were dope too. He did a bum rush on Jam and Lewis' work. Hilarity ensued. Missed opportunity methinks.

I really dig Jackie's album. I don't know why the fans left this one behind. Might actually be my fav of the three solo debuts.

He does have a great voice. Yes I think it could be the best of the debut solo albums.

Having said that, Jermaine's later offering, "Come Into My Life" is also a strong album
    methinks and quite commercial from start to finish - enjoying it on the CD.
    Last edited by mysterysinger; 05-09-2022 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    He does have a great voice. Yes I think it could be the best of the debut solo albums.

Having said that, Jermaine's later offering, "Come Into My Life" is also a strong album
    methinks and quite commercial from start to finish - enjoying it on the CD.
    Yeah, I play CIML quite often. Probably my favorite of Jermaine's entire solo career.