[REMOVE ADS]

Wisdom of Time---JMC [[with Andantes) blend at its best?

IN Supreme Faith, Mary wrote that the Floy Joy album was a great show case of the vocal blend of JMC. Whatever what one may think about the 1972 commercial appeal of the music on the album, I think Mary is right. Wisdom of Time is a great example of using JMC as a group to deliver the song [[with assists from the Andantes). Also nice to hear Cindy do the spoken word part.

Never really listened or paid attention to this one before, but very nice indeed!!

I think you can sort of isolate the A's based on the stereo split. especially if you're listening on headphones. can't remember if it's left or right, but i believe the As are typically mixed in on one channel. so if you concentrate and listen closely, you can sort of figure out what are MJC and what are the As

Mostly because a good chunk of the song JMC are doing it in unison while the andantes are doing the background vocals .
    Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    I think you can sort of isolate the A's based on the stereo split. especially if you're listening on headphones. can't remember if it's left or right, but i believe the As are typically mixed in on one channel. so if you concentrate and listen closely, you can sort of figure out what are MJC and what are the As

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    Mostly because a good chunk of the song JMC are doing it in unison while the andantes are doing the background vocals .
    i don't mean just on Wisdom but on the entire lp. there are some pretty clear ones - like Wisdom and Now the Bitter. but on others it's a bit harder

The inclusion of the Andantes is annoying. They are all over this album. But where usually Mary and Cindy might be completely replaced, the Andantes are used in addition to. I think Mary, Jean and Cindy's sound was enough for the album, especially if Jean is in the harmony.

As for "Wisdom" it's one of my favs. Really sucks that the group didn't evolve into one that performed a lot of their album tracks in shows. I think many of the FJ cuts would've gone over nicely in their nightclub act.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    The inclusion of the Andantes is annoying. They are all over this album. But where usually Mary and Cindy might be completely replaced, the Andantes are used in addition to. I think Mary, Jean and Cindy's sound was enough for the album, especially if Jean is in the harmony.

As for "Wisdom" it's one of my favs. Really sucks that the group didn't evolve into one that performed a lot of their album tracks in shows. I think many of the FJ cuts would've gone over nicely in their nightclub act.
    this was such a missed opportunity. they should have really played up the connection with a big named producer like Smokey. a medley of his tunes, a few of the album tracks, etc. Smokey Robinson had a fairly strong name recognition, at least enough for fans and concert goers to be like "oh yeah, i know him"

after how poorly Touch lp performed and the duets, this MIGHT have given some new energy to the group and their public image

I like the album ,but agree ,not sure if the Andantes are needed here

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post

wow fantastic ....a hidden gem!

somewhere in the middle of:

and