[REMOVE ADS]

Diana takes precaustions when she goes out in public during covid era

Diana Ross, 78, Rocks Platform Sandals In Rare New Photos While Out In LA

Rare sighting of Diana Ross 78 as she is seen with extra protection against new variant rise. The legendary songstress is also seen wearing a medical alert device around her neck for emergencies, presumably because of health problems she has dealt with over the years, including Polyneuritis, Alzheimer’s disease, and anorexia nervosa.

This is the first time that I ever heard that Diana had an Alzheimer's problem. And at this point, I tend not to believe it. Forget someone's name at our age and they accuse us of Alzheimer's

https://hollywoodlife.com/2022/04/18...s-rare-photos/

I've never heard anything about Alzheimer's either. Sounds like sensationalized news fodder to me. Also, I really wonder if that's actually a "medical alert" device or if it might be more of a medical testing device of some sort, due to the multiple cords visible. It reminds me of a Holter monitor I had to wear once when I was having some heart tests done. I doubt with Diana's overall high level of privacy she would openly advertise the need for a life alert, a sign that could be misconceived she is having other health issues, or as the news today would report she's circling the drain and the Enquirer is preparing with the "sad last days" cover stories.......

Quote Originally Posted by DWSheffer View Post
    I've never heard anything about Alzheimer's either. Sounds like sensationalized news fodder to me. Also, I really wonder if that's actually a "medical alert" device or if it might be more of a medical testing device of some sort, due to the multiple cords visible. It reminds me of a Holter monitor I had to wear once when I was having some heart tests done. I doubt with Diana's overall high level of privacy she would openly advertise the need for a life alert, a sign that could be misconceived she is having other health issues, or as the news today would report she's circling the drain and the Enquirer is preparing with the "sad last days" cover stories.......
    I actually thought it might be some sort of MP3 player around her neck, given that I believe I can see some earbuds. But it is so small I can't really tell. But yeah, the article seems rather tabloid-ish.

Is it possible that she is having test done prior to/ in order to travel internationally- for her upcoming tour? Do insurance companies require this for older performers?

I'm not even gonna click on that link, in order to not give that tabloid any ad revenue for the lies that they're publishing. Thanks for posting this though, Milven...I like Diana's gold platform shoes. She goes out in public in style

i like the look

It's only very recently that California lifted its mask mandate for most indoor venues. Diane has every right, regardless, to do what she feels she must to protect her health. I don't know how much "in public" she actually is on any given day, but we've all heard stories of fans who feel they have every right to invade a celebrity's personal space to express how much that celebrity has meant to them over the years. This has at times resulted in real tragedy for the performer. If you want an example of that, look up the bio of Golden Age film star Gene Tierney. The mask serves to establish some boundaries which may be the intention as well.

Either way, I hope this lady's privacy and choices are respected, as should anyone's.

The Alzheimer's mention seems like a careless tidbit. Likely, whoever wrote this article mixed her up with someone else. As usual, such articles are almost certainly done without any real research or vetting into the subject matter.
    Last edited by kenneth; 04-19-2022 at 11:45 AM.

I think Miss Ross looks absolutely beautiful. I agree with her in continuing to mask because it is not such a big price to stay alive and healthy and she is doing it in Supreme style. The tabloid fodder about health issues should be ignored. Best of luck with your health and tour, Miss Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I'm not even gonna click on that link, in order to not give that tabloid any ad revenue for the lies that they're publishing. Thanks for posting this though, Milven...I like Diana's gold platform shoes. She goes out in public in style
    Totally agree

Amazing the speculation you get at a certain level and amazing how others don’t get a mention when the spotlight fades

Care is still warranted with covid; I’m aware of 3 people that died since November, unvaccinated and older

I think Diana looks great and I wonder what she was listening to…

Maybe whoever wrote this article believed what those Jeopardy contestants answered that Diana is 95 years old. Or confused her with Tony Bennett who has Alzheimer's.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    Maybe whoever wrote this article believed what those Jeopardy contestants answered that Diana is 95 years old. Or confused her with Tony Bennett who has Alzheimer's.
    Or they don’t know and don’t care - just need to crank something out to make some money