[REMOVE ADS]

Origin of Michael’s Hee Hee

Quote Originally Posted by Optimal Saint View Post
    Good deal, OSaint!! Now we need the origin of Sha-mohn! You can do it. We got faith in you.

Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    Good deal, OSaint!! Now we need the origin of Sha-mohn! You can do it. We got faith in you.
    That's easy--Mavis!

And that sounded like a straight chitlin bucket funk jam session by Stevie!!! I didn't recognize the chords...but I'm sure you all can. Funky funk right thar.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    That's easy--Mavis!
    You . The. MAN.

my kind of thread! ..... could be this person's got it right!
    can't come up with a better hee hee example pinpointing its origin.
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 04-20-2022 at 02:31 AM.

Has to be one of my favourite titles for a thread on this forum. Chucklecausin'

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Has to be one of my favourite titles for a thread on this forum. Chucklecausin'
    I [[Second That Emotion]] MysteryS.!

What I always wondered about is why Michael's ticks and 'hee-hees" bother so many people.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    What I always wondered about is why Michael's ticks and 'hee-hees" bother so many people.
    Never bothered none. Mike was unique artist. As they say, A once-in-a-lifetime performer/musician.

On a similar note: what about the origin of his "ow!" ...? If you listen to "You Haven't Done Nothin'" by Stevie Wonder, Stevie clearly uses his own "ow!" during the song, on which, of course, MJ and his brothers do the backing.

Marvin Gaye also has an "ow!" in his repertoire, as do many others I'm sure, but I always thought The Jackson 5 being on the backing vocals for YHDN was the smoking gun.

Quote Originally Posted by stupidactingsmart View Post
    On a similar note: what about the origin of his "ow!" ...? If you listen to "You Haven't Done Nothin'" by Stevie Wonder, Stevie clearly uses his own "ow!" during the song, on which, of course, MJ and his brothers do the backing.

Marvin Gaye also has an "ow!" in his repertoire, as do many others I'm sure, but I always thought The Jackson 5 being on the backing vocals for YHDN was the smoking gun.
    good one !

Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    Never bothered none. Mike was unique artist. As they say, A once-in-a-lifetime performer/musician.
    If you talk to people who are casual fans or really don't like him, the vocal tics bother them.

I always figured the "hee-hee"s came from Stevie Wonder.