[REMOVE ADS]

New Darlene Love Album

Name:  lp.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  80.3 KB

Pre-order
    ttps://bit.ly/3vBxN9j

Hey brother love...thanks for reminding everyone in regards to this upcoming release. I've included the link to the previous thread on this release below. The vinyl version will be released this Saturday for Record Store Day, via local record stores. The CD version is coming in May

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...cord-Store-Day

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Hey brother love...thanks for reminding everyone in regards to this upcoming release. I've included the link to the previous thread on this release below. The vinyl version will be released this Saturday for Record Store Day, via local record stores. The CD version is coming in May

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...cord-Store-Day
    Thanks Carlo, I wish they had included the Blossoms track Abraham, Martin And John from John Andres Tartaglian 1969 Capitol album "Tartaglian Theorem"

Loved seeing Ms. Love perform on GMA? Today? Ageless beauty! Was that last summer?

Currently listening to this Record Store Day release...it's fantastic! I was pleasantly surprised to discover last night that my local record shop got stock of this title and that I would be able to wait in the queue for it this morning [[thankfully it wasn't a long wait). The artwork is awesome. The front and back covers were designed to make it look like a vintage release from the 60's. Nice photos of The Blossoms on the back. The limited edition Record Store Day version is pressed on a beautiful translucent teal swirl vinyl. It's a nice heavy disc. The sound is great. It also comes with a four page insert with liner notes and photos. A job well done by Real Gone Music. Highly recommended.

Edit: I've never heard this version of River Deep, Mountain High that she released in 1985 on Elektra. It's included on this compilation and it's fantastic
    Last edited by carlo; 04-23-2022 at 10:59 AM.

Great review, Carlo, thanks for posting!

I can't say that I enjoy the Bob Crewe & Ellie Greenwich production of "River Deep - Mountain High". They were probably working to a strict budget, though. I didn't enjoy the production Jeff Barry gave Darlene for The Idolmaker soundtrack either.

I'm glad Darlene got to sing the song on Letterman in 2007 with more full bodied backing.

Hey smallworld,
    Yes that performance she did on Letterman in 2007 was excellent. I remember watching that when it aired. She also recorded it again for her Introducing Darlene Love album in 2013, produced by Steven Van Zandt. It's been a while since I've listened to that version, along with the album itself, but I remember it was also well done.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Great review, Carlo, thanks for posting!
    Thanks Kenneth, my pleasure