[REMOVE ADS]

New Japan CD Released Coming Jun 22, 2022

Universal Motown is releasing the following CDs Jun 22, 2022.

Sisters Love-With Love
    Ozone-Glasses
    Rick James-Garden Of Love
    Diana Ross-Everything Is Everything + 7 Bonus Tracks
    Eddie Kendricks-People...Hold On
    Diana Ross & Marvin Gaye-Diana & Marvin + 4 Bonus Tracks
    David Ruffin-David
    Four Tops-Keeper Of The Castle
    Marvin Gaye-What's Going On [Original Detroit Mix] Originally Released On
    A Double CD. This Is The Single Release of Detroit Mix.
    The Originals-Down To Love Town + 1 Bonus Track
    Marvin Gaye-Let's Get It On + 2 Bonus Tracks

Also Johnny Pate-Shaft In Africa With The Four Tops
    Plus Various Other Non-Motown Artists.

Got excited when I saw the title of the thread but slightly less impressed when I saw the list in that "it's all been had before". Nevertheless it's a good chance for collectors to catch up on some of these. I do like Japanese releases generally, and they often come up with some previously unavailable on [[single) CDs but it's probably unlikely I'll buy any of the ones in that list.

I just wish that these Japanese CDs would be available from a U S A source. I have never bought one, although I considered it, because the shipping cost is normally 3 or 4 times the cost of the actual CD. That makes it unaffordable because the ones I was interested in were ones that I already had produced by Motown and I merely wanted to see how they sound in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    I just wish that these Japanese CDs would be available from a U S A source. I have never bought one, although I considered it, because the shipping cost is normally 3 or 4 times the cost of the actual CD. That makes it unaffordable because the ones I was interested in were ones that I already had produced by Motown and I merely wanted to see how they sound in comparison.
    Woodward, do you still have contact with Record Runner in NYC? They’re still a great domestic source for Japanese imports:

http://www.recordrunnerusa.com/pages/About-Us.html

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Got excited when I saw the title of the thread but slightly less impressed when I saw the list in that "it's all been had before". Nevertheless it's a good chance for collectors to catch up on some of these. I do like Japanese releases generally, and they often come up with some previously unavailable on [[single) CDs but it's probably unlikely I'll buy any of the ones in that list.
    These are on listed as coming soon on Dustygroove.com

I saw "The Originals" name on the above list and immediately thought, "Thank you, Sweet Jesus! At long last -- "Naturally Together", "Definitions," "Games People Play", or "Communique" -- all of which never saw a CD release. And then my eyes saw the disappointing "Down To Love Town", which was already released on CD years ago.
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 04-20-2022 at 01:33 AM.

My thoughts exactly PMG.

These are shown on Amazon UK now with a release date of Friday 15 July 2022 and pre-order price of £19.80.
    Last edited by mysterysinger; 04-20-2022 at 04:47 AM.

Sisters Love I Could Never Make a Better Man Than You and Give Me Your Love [[which might pass as a Barry White production lol)

These new CDs seems to be on sale on ebay for £13.03 in the USA [[$15 ish)

And in the UK around £14.49.

For example

Diana Ross "Everything Is Everything" https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/403839594...Bk9SR5z3v67dYA

Rick James "Garden of Love"

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115488673...Bk9SR-z05a7dYA