[REMOVE ADS]

Patti LaBelle performs 'New Attitude' for Robin Roberts’ 20th ‘GMA’ anniversary

T<font color="#FFFFFF"><span style="font-family: Theinhardt">
    Last edited by Motown Eddie; 04-14-2022 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Aawwww man!! I missed Ms. Patti singing one of my fave Patti Patti tunes??? When I turned to GMA, TJ was giving Robin a glass of the bubbly. It was literally right before the break - "Apple juice??!! Really? Apple juice?! After 25 years, all I get is Apple juice??!! Quick-thinking TJ: OH, yeah...ooh we'll get you something BETTER to drink at the break...! Robin, still dumbfounded, to break - still completely out of character, "Apple juice, guys....???????!!" While still looking at the glass. Mind. Blown.
    Thanks for the save, Motown Eddie.

Thanks Motown Eddie. I was watching this earlier via one of the Patti LaBelle fan groups. I love, love, love Ms Patti, and this performance was cute, but she hasn't sung this song in full, in many, many years...along with a handful of others Still love her though. She has been looking great and I've been glad to see that she's had a second career in recent years, thanks to her prospering food business and cooking shows.

I think the last time I saw her in concert was in 2015, just after she finished Dancing with the Stars. You could tell she was in a good place, life-wise, and her voice was back in great form. I remember she had some struggles with her voice and health prior to that, which she acknowledged more recently was due to depression. I was surprised and so happy that she closed the show with my favourite number of hers, "Winner In You". She brought the house down. I'll never forget that moment.
    Last edited by carlo; 04-15-2022 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Is it supposed to be entertaining to watch D-list “celebrities” dancing while someone sings? I detest this kind of TV.

Following up on my previous post, I last saw Patti in 2015 in Niagara Falls. She did two nights there [[I had seen her on the second night) and this particular video of her closing the show with Winner In You was from the first night. Also, it's cool to see John Stanley back with Patti in this latest appearance on GMA, as Sansradio and I were just discussing last month that he had resigned as her musical director. I wonder if he's now back for good or if this was a one-off?

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Thanks Motown Eddie. I was watching this earlier via one of the Patti LaBelle fan groups. I love, love, love Ms Patti, and this performance was cute, but she hasn't sung this song in full, in many, many years...along with a handful of others Still love her though. She has been looking great and I've been glad to see that she's had a second career in recent years, thanks to her prospering food business and cooking shows.

I think the last time I saw her in concert was in 2015, just after she finished Dancing with the Stars. You could tell she was in a good place, life-wise, and her voice was back in great form. I remember she had some struggles with her voice and health prior to that, which she acknowledged more recently was due to depression. I was surprised and so happy that she closed the show with my favourite number of hers, "Winner In You". She brought the house down. I'll never forget that moment.
    You're Welcome Carlo! The last time I saw Patti LaBelle in concert was at Prospect Park, NYC in 2019. She sounded Wonderful looked Great and she had the place packed! And Yes; it's great that Patti has a second career with her cooking shows & food business.

Her sweet potato pie is rich and heavenly. Like Lionel, "Easy Like Sunday Morning!" Remember when it dropped at Walmart years ago. Yummy!!