[REMOVE ADS]

Love Unlimited coming to Dusty Groove

It's $48 on Amazon. This will be [[probably) much cheaper. Chance to pick it up if you don't already have it.

Love Unlimited
    In Heat

CD [[Item 114545) 20th Century/Universal [[Japan), 1974 — Condition: New Copy

About June 22, 2022
    CD

Add to
    Watch List
    Send Arrival
    Notice

Related searches

Love Unlimited
    Soul [[CD, LP)

Classic 70s female soul – and one of the best albums ever recorded by Love Unlimited – a trio of ladies recording with Barry White during his glory years! The album's got a really incredible approach – partly in the mode of older female group soul, but also done with a hipper, more righteous style – one that pushes the sound past older standards for the music, yet which falls into none of the disco cliches of the time. The album includes a great vocal version of "Love's Theme", plus the group's totally killer "Move Me No Mountain" – and the tracks "I Love You So, Never Gonna Let You Go", "Share A Little Love In Your Heart", and "I Needed Love – You Were There". © 1996-2022, Dusty Groove, Inc.

This is one of my favorite albums. Their first four albums are absolutely classic. Of the first three, I'm not sure I can pick out a clear favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    This is one of my favorite albums. Their first four albums are absolutely classic. Of the first three, I'm not sure I can pick out a clear favorite.
    Yes! I used to have this one on vinyl. Good times!

Ditto, ranran79. Love them all. One of my favorite groups of that era.

Yes, Dusty Groove has it as preorder for $13.99!

June 22… oh I should say, it's such a beautiful day…

Tom that's one of my favs from the album. It just puts me in a good mood. I'm also crazy about "Share A Little Love" and "I Love You So". And I adore their vocal version of "Love's Theme", the original version being one of my favorite songs period. This album doesn't have a skippable cut on it, IMO.

It’s such a great and uplifting song Ran! I’m not too familiar with any of the other cuts on the album, apart from "Love's Theme", which is awesome. I will check them out!

I bought the vinyl album when it was released and nothing impressed me. I was disappointed because I enjoyed their first two albums, particularly Under the Influence. A couple of years ago I decided to make a CD-R of what wasn’t available on CD. I played the In Heat album and was amazed at how good it is. I had all their albums on heavy rotation for several months. How I dismissed this album so readily back in the day I’ll never know. Maybe there was so many other albums that got my attention.

Vocally, Glodean always reminded me of Wanda Young.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    It’s such a great and uplifting song Ran! I’m not too familiar with any of the other cuts on the album, apart from "Love's Theme", which is awesome. I will check them out!
    Please do! I don't think you'll be disappointed. Their first 3 albums are excellent. The fourth album is great, IMO. The fifth one isn't in the same league as the first four, but it's still a pretty decent set. If you love the sounds Barry White and Gene Page were putting down throughout the decade, you'll probably dig LU.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    Vocally, Glodean always reminded me of Wanda Young.
    Absolutely. Glodean had a better command of higher notes IMO, but there was a definite similarity in their sound.

Please do! I don't think you'll be disappointed. Their first 3 albums are excellent. The fourth album is great, IMO. The fifth one isn't in the same league as the first four, but it's still a pretty decent set. If you love the sounds Barry White and Gene Page were putting down throughout the decade, you'll probably dig LU.
    Don't forget the Love Unlimited Orchestra.