[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks for your review, Blaksoulfire! I'm glad to hear that you got a flawless pressing, as I've been reading some mixed reviews. It sounds like a handful of people ended up with copies that have some sort of loud repeating noise at the end of side 1, during the last minute or so. I am thinking of picking this one up. I noticed that there's a limited edition version that comes with a set of lithograph prints, but it's an extra $25. Seems like a bit much, price-wise, for a few prints.

It just so happened that I finally got my hands on an original Canadian vinyl pressing of What's Going On this week. My copy sounds pretty good but strangely, there's a high frequency type of hissing sound throughout the entirety of the LP, on both sides, which is not something I've experienced before. I'm thinking it may possibly be a bad pressing. It's not overly distracting or horrible, but definitely noticeable. It will be interesting to compare this 50th anniversary edition to this original pressing and the CD reissue that I have. Kevin Gray's work on this has been receiving great reviews online.

I got it yeaterday and just played record 1. Vey quiet pressing and no noticible pops. The 2 records are in seperate plastic inner sleeves and not in the included paper sleeves like the US pressings. So Universal Europe [[which btw is near my house) must have read the complaints.
    One question that stays on my mind: the 50th Anniversary was in 2021 and that is the release date on the recordsleeve. What was the delay?

Hey Jack,
    Not sure if you have seen the comments online, but it seems that European fans are up in arms, as the vinyl version of this release for the EU market was sourced from different digital files, instead of being directly cut from analogue by Kevin Gray. You may want to check the run-out on your discs, as they should show Kevin Gray's name [he initials as KG], but the EU version is instead showing Lawrence Dunster [signed as Lawrie]. It's unclear if this was a mistake or if Universal was being intentionally deceptive. Fans in the EU have been understandably upset by this switch-up, since the marketing for this release and the front hype sticker have clearly disclosed this was cut from analogue by Kevin Gray. Some have gone as far as to dub this scandal as "Marvingate" and some retailers in Europe have stopped selling this release until Universal figures out how to address the issue. The following article briefly confirms this issue in its review of the release. The second link below will take you to the Discogs listing for the European version of this vinyl release, showing all of the comments/reviews towards the bottom.

https://www.analogplanet.com/content...mofis-one-step

https://www.discogs.com/release/2306...=Android%20App

I was on holiday in Canaries until today so I missed most of this. Glad I also have the MOFI LP but will still try to get the KG version.

New release date for Europe is oct.7 2022 says FNAC.