[REMOVE ADS]

That’s My story. Melba Moore

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DjCZ-Fd-fTA What a survivor and thriver! What recent hit record of hers are they talking about toward the end of the interview?

Hey luke, I’ve not watched the interview, but I recall Melba's "Let's Dance" from 2016 getting some airplay at the time of its release.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Hey luke, I’ve not watched the interview, but I recall Melba's "Let's Dance" from 2016 getting some airplay at the time of its release.

Hi Tom - Melba is a massive talent and had no. luck. what. so. ever. She was the toast of Broadway in the early 70's [[a decade of history - before your time) and had a recording contract with Mercury, who were clueless about how to record and market her. Then Melba and Clifton Davis had a nice and fondly remembered summer variety series that sank without a trace. Moore had some good success with a great series of lps on Capital but at that point her hus-a-ger entered a series of shady business dealings and sank that ... Anyhoo, Melba is a wonderful singer - I joyously remember seeing Melba at the Metropolitan Opera House in December of '76 with a friend who idolized Moore. A great, great night in NYC. Best to you!

Ah I see! Thanks for that PNH. I have several of her albums from the 70s, but would like to have all of them one day soon. What’s your favourite Melba track?

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Hi Tom - Melba is a massive talent and had no. luck. what. so. ever. She was the toast of Broadway in the early 70's [[a decade of history - before your time) and had a recording contract with Mercury, who were clueless about how to record and market her. Then Melba and Clifton Davis had a nice and fondly remembered summer variety series that sank without a trace. Moore had some good success with a great series of lps on Capital but at that point her hus-a-ger entered a series of shady business dealings and sank that ... Anyhoo, Melba is a wonderful singer - I joyously remember seeing Melba at the Metropolitan Opera House in December of '76 with a friend who idolized Moore. A great, great night in NYC. Best to you!
    Her live album on Mercury needs to be released digitally. It was a fantastic set with one of her best renditions of Lean on Me she ever recorded.

Melba Moore what a voice! Check out an iconic piece of Soul and never bettered "Lean On Me" Just wait till it builds just unbelieveable.

Last edited by Graham Jarvis; 04-13-2022 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    Her live album on Mercury needs to be released digitally. It was a fantastic set with one of her best renditions of Lean on Me she ever recorded.
    Agreed! I still have my gatefold lp -

I had the pleasure of seeing melba back in[1980]with the temps..great singer and crowd pleasure!!

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Ah I see! Thanks for that PNH. I have several of her albums from the 70s, but would like to have all of them one day soon. What’s your favourite Melba track?
    I know mine is Love's Gonna Get Ya.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    So true. Oh so true. I believe her peer was Evelyn Champagne King back then. Maybe even Donna Summer fir awhile during the waning Disco era.

New single & album, Imagine just dropped. Go to SoulTracks for a sneak peek. It's really really good. Her voice is clear as a bell. 80s vibe to track!

I checked on Amazon and other places for this and no mention of it. Will it be available as a physical CD?

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    I checked on Amazon and other places for this and no mention of it. Will it be available as a physical CD?
    I probably missed that on SoulTracks. After listening to the clip of the single, the site has a list of all current and future album and/or CD releases. Sorry about that , David.