[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    11,199
    Rep Power
    263

    Thatís My story. Melba Moore

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DjCZ-Fd-fTA What a survivor and thriver! What recent hit record of hers are they talking about toward the end of the interview?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,508
    Rep Power
    176
    Hey luke, Iíve not watched the interview, but I recall Melba's "Let's Dance" from 2016 getting some airplay at the time of its release.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    5,223
    Rep Power
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Hey luke, I’ve not watched the interview, but I recall Melba's "Let's Dance" from 2016 getting some airplay at the time of its release.

    Hi Tom - Melba is a massive talent and had no. luck. what. so. ever. She was the toast of Broadway in the early 70's [[a decade of history - before your time) and had a recording contract with Mercury, who were clueless about how to record and market her. Then Melba and Clifton Davis had a nice and fondly remembered summer variety series that sank without a trace. Moore had some good success with a great series of lps on Capital but at that point her hus-a-ger entered a series of shady business dealings and sank that ... Anyhoo, Melba is a wonderful singer - I joyously remember seeing Melba at the Metropolitan Opera House in December of '76 with a friend who idolized Moore. A great, great night in NYC. Best to you!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,508
    Rep Power
    176
    Ah I see! Thanks for that PNH. I have several of her albums from the 70s, but would like to have all of them one day soon. Whatís your favourite Melba track?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,786
    Rep Power
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Hi Tom - Melba is a massive talent and had no. luck. what. so. ever. She was the toast of Broadway in the early 70's [[a decade of history - before your time) and had a recording contract with Mercury, who were clueless about how to record and market her. Then Melba and Clifton Davis had a nice and fondly remembered summer variety series that sank without a trace. Moore had some good success with a great series of lps on Capital but at that point her hus-a-ger entered a series of shady business dealings and sank that ... Anyhoo, Melba is a wonderful singer - I joyously remember seeing Melba at the Metropolitan Opera House in December of '76 with a friend who idolized Moore. A great, great night in NYC. Best to you!
    Her live album on Mercury needs to be released digitally. It was a fantastic set with one of her best renditions of Lean on Me she ever recorded.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    121
    Rep Power
    30
    Melba Moore what a voice! Check out an iconic piece of Soul and never bettered "Lean On Me" Just wait till it builds just unbelieveable.

    Last edited by Graham Jarvis; 04-13-2022 at 03:08 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    5,223
    Rep Power
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    Her live album on Mercury needs to be released digitally. It was a fantastic set with one of her best renditions of Lean on Me she ever recorded.
    Agreed! I still have my gatefold lp -

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    10,096
    Rep Power
    237
    I had the pleasure of seeing melba back in[1980]with the temps..great singer and crowd pleasure!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,461
    Rep Power
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Ah I see! Thanks for that PNH. I have several of her albums from the 70s, but would like to have all of them one day soon. What’s your favourite Melba track?
    I know mine is Love's Gonna Get Ya.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,461
    Rep Power
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Hi Tom - Melba is a massive talent and had no. luck. what. so. ever. She was the toast of Broadway in the early 70's [[a decade of history - before your time) and had a recording contract with Mercury, who were clueless about how to record and market her. Then Melba and Clifton Davis had a nice and fondly remembered summer variety series that sank without a trace. Moore had some good success with a great series of lps on Capital but at that point her hus-a-ger entered a series of shady business dealings and sank that ... Anyhoo, Melba is a wonderful singer - I joyously remember seeing Melba at the Metropolitan Opera House in December of '76 with a friend who idolized Moore. A great, great night in NYC. Best to you!
    So true. Oh so true. I believe her peer was Evelyn Champagne King back then. Maybe even Donna Summer fir awhile during the waning Disco era.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,461
    Rep Power
    98
    New single & album, Imagine just dropped. Go to SoulTracks for a sneak peek. It's really really good. Her voice is clear as a bell. 80s vibe to track!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,446
    Rep Power
    209
    I checked on Amazon and other places for this and no mention of it. Will it be available as a physical CD?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,461
    Rep Power
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    I checked on Amazon and other places for this and no mention of it. Will it be available as a physical CD?
    I probably missed that on SoulTracks. After listening to the clip of the single, the site has a list of all current and future album and/or CD releases. Sorry about that , David.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.