[REMOVE ADS]

Young Diana Ross Superfan Goes Viral

This is great. So nice seeing things like this.

https://etcanada.com/news/881971/you...h-D0sTcpwtU3L8

Aw this is sweet. Reminds me of myself when I was a young'un! It's possible that the promoters for tonight's show are the ones behind making this video 'go viral', as it seems tonight's show in Austin is only about 25% sold. It's disappointing to see, but hopefully this publicity will make some tickets move before tonight. It's a charity show, so it seems that the prices are higher than usual. They're a bit too high in my opinion, as they're closer to Vegas prices. In some markets, like Vegas, it makes sense to price tickets higher in a more intimate showroom, but this is a larger amphitheatre in Austin...

I hope this baby Ross fan has an amazing night at the show with his Mom! I'm sure he will never forget it
    Last edited by carlo; 04-02-2022 at 11:46 AM.

Austin Texas is quite wealthy. Lot of tech types live there and power the economy. Diana Ross just may not be the type of performer that those with money in Austin want to go see, even if for charity.

Very cute indeed. It’s encouraging to see one so young starting out on the road to Ross fandom. I remember my parents taking me to see Diana at the London Palladium in 78 when I was fifteen. We had great seats, with Diana almost in touching distance. I was so excited i could hardly breath, scarcely able to take my eyes off her.
    I hope this young fan had a great night as you always remember the first time.

Wonderful. What a nice gesture from Mom. Should be an event to remember forever.

This is cute for sure....it reminds me how I felt after I got tickets to see Diana for the first time in 2019. I was 43 years old and got very emotional when I called my Mom to tell her I was finally going to see Miss Ross. I guess there's just something about the anticipation of knowing you are finally going to see someone you have admired since a very young age, for decades. I'm glad this young man's family seems very supportive of his love for Diana and is giving him the opportunity to see her. With everything that's happened the last couple years we just never know when that opportunity will no longer exist. On a side note, I wonder if "Talk of the Town" is his favorite record or if he's possibly hoping for an opportunity to get it signed? [[If you watch their subsequent video posts he takes this LP with him)
    Darin
    Last edited by DWSheffer; 04-02-2022 at 05:50 PM.

Love, love this. This was so beautiful to watch. I know exactly how this kid feels. I was the same way many moons ago. Lol
    Last edited by vgalindo; 04-03-2022 at 03:33 PM.

Oh yes, super sweet! Brings back memories...

Very nice that Diana recognized both Louie and his mother at the concert. It sounds like the publicity of the viral surprise video helped the fundraiser. Without a doubt an unforgettable experience for all involved!

Quote Originally Posted by 1382hitsville View Post
    Awww thanks for sharing! This made me teary eyed She was so lovely and gracious to him and his Mom, and made his dream come true last night

Just wonderful. Truly heartwarming in a not-so-great time. I'd love to know just a bit more about Louie's discovering of Diana. Best to Louie and Mom! And ... Diana sounds great!!

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Awww thanks for sharing! This made me teary eyed She was so lovely and gracious to him and his Mom, and made his dream come true last night
    I kinda think that's what I like best, Diana's recognition of Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    Austin Texas is quite wealthy. Lot of tech types live there and power the economy. Diana Ross just may not be the type of performer that those with money in Austin want to go see, even if for charity.

she plays there every 2-3 years and sells out smaller, 3-4K venues with a top price more like 125 - 135. Definitely the youngest demographic I’ve ever seen. My partner has family there and we’ve gone 3 times since 2011. We were surprised the first time to see about 25% twenty and thirty somethings and maybe 50 % 40ish - th capper being hearing 2 girls and 2 guys in their early 20’s talking about how much they liked it except on guy complained that she didn’t do Nothing But Heartaches - an unexpected comment from someone so young.

I live in Austin and had no idea this show was happening until Carl F contacted me. Same thing happened when Mary did a benefit here, back in the 90's, and if a friend hadn't put a flyer for the show on my Jeep, I'd have missed it. I remember Mary complained about the lack of attendance and I told her after the show that nobody knew it was happening! Even I, a big fan, didn't know! I hope the people behind these shows will get wise about doing videos like the one above and that'll sell the shows. It's not like Diana and Mary don't have fans here!

Hopefully and likely it's a phase. Like girls screaming at The Beatles. His fandom seems a bit intense. Having excitement in your life is a good thing but extremism can ultimately make a fan somebody to be aware of as dangerous.
    RIP John Lennon.

Hi Boogiedown,
    Yes, we all know fans can behave odd. Even on this forum, with only words.

For this kid, I don's see any harm. From what is mother has posted, the first impression is that it is just a loving, kind family. But it's still social media, where life is perfect...
    https://www.tiktok.com/@kaylerrr1111...63915808998918

You should see me at a concert of a Motown legend. Nervous at forehand, hysterical during the concert and grateful and emotional after the concert. However, since they are my music heroes, I respect my heroes.

I write "musical heroes" because I also realize that they are real people with flaws. It's their job to sing, create and entertain us. And I always truly appreciate this.

I've met Ms Ross, Mr Robinson, The Tops, The Temps and the Funk Brothers, but those where the years where it wasn't allowed to bring cameras and cameras where not on phones yet, so I only have a few hard copy photo's. Need to scan those...

Here is me meeting Ms Martha Reeves, she signed my t-shirt.

Name:  2A5FD112-5BCA-434E-8BF3-ED1F942FE86B.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  8.9 KB

Hi Boogiedown,
    Yes, we all know fans can behave odd. Even on this forum, with only words.

For this kid, I don's see any harm. From what is mother has posted, the first impression is that it is just a loving, kind family. But it's still social media, where life is perfect...
    https://www.tiktok.com/@kaylerrr1111...63915808998918

You should see me at a concert of a Motown legend. Nervous at forehand, hysterical during the concert and grateful and emotional after the concert. However, since they are my music heroes, I respect my heroes.

I write "musical heroes" because I also realize that they are real people with flaws. It's their job to sing, create and entertain us. And I always truly appreciate this.

I've met Ms Ross, Mr Robinson, The Tops, The Temps and the Funk Brothers, but those where the years where it wasn't allowed to bring cameras and cameras where not on phones yet, so I only have a few hard copy photo's. Need to scan those...

Here is me meeting Ms Martha Reeves, she signed my t-shirt.

Name:  2A5FD112-5BCA-434E-8BF3-ED1F942FE86B.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  8.9 KB
    very cool hitsville. I completely appreciate the things in life that add dimension and give rise to what could be limited to our daily existences. I encounter some who seem to have an absence of such zest.

I suspect your right about this guy. Life is very bright for him at this moment and that's a good thing.
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 04-04-2022 at 12:03 PM.

ps thanks for sharing.

One time Ron Dante did a show in Monterey. He's the voice on The Archies as in SUGAR SUGAR, my all time favorite pop hit record. I felt so honored to be in his presence never expecting to have such an opportunity, after all the song was sung by cartoon characters! lol! I have to admit when I went through the greet line twice so he would sign an additional item and hoping to maybe speak with him a bit more, he noticed and seemed a bit on guard. lol.

I also felt the same way seeing Mary Wilson. "I am sharing the same air space as a genuine iconic Supreme" wow!
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 04-04-2022 at 12:12 PM.

Thanks and you are welcome Boogiedown.

Yes, the feeling that you share the same air space it a wonderful feeling.

As long as we, as fans, respect the boundaries of the artists, it can create a wonderful dynamic.

There are lots of crazies on this planet, you have mentioned John Lennon, remember Jody Foster? Or Agnetha from Abba? I can't imagine the pressure some artists have to deal with, thinking of Ms Ross, you can hear the screams from the audience. I can't imagine the life with the thought of being yelled at, people demanding things from you when you are out and about and expecting you to be a star all the time.

Luckily most big fans don't turn out to be crazies. However, nobody can't diagnose by proxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    ps thanks for sharing.

One time Ron Dante did a show in Monterey. He's the voice on The Archies as in SUGAR SUGAR, my all time favorite pop hit record. I felt so honored to be in his presence never expecting to have such an opportunity, after all the song was sung by cartoon characters! lol! I have to admit when I went through the greet line twice so he would sign an additional item and hoping to maybe speak with him a bit more, he noticed and seemed a bit on guard. lol.

I also felt the same way seeing Mary Wilson. "I am sharing the same air space as a genuine iconic Supreme" wow!
    Haha...its a shame I can't get the picture with me and Ms Reeves bigger, you can see the blond woman on the right raising an eyebrow when I asked Ms Reeves to sign my t-shirt. She was part of the concerthall where Ms Reeves performed.

I knew the venue and told the security guys I was not a threat. Ms Reeves was great!

I can't imagine the pressure some artists have to deal with, thinking of Ms Ross, you can hear the screams from the audience. I can't imagine the life with the thought of being yelled at, people demanding things from you when you are out and about and expecting you to be a star all the time.
    As Diana once said to Richard Gere. “This is how stars live, you better get use to it”.

This young guys love for Diana Ross reminds me so much of the short film called Trevor when a teenage boy falls in love with Diana Ross I love this so much

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    This young guys love for Diana Ross reminds me so much of the short film called Trevor when a teenage boy falls in love with Diana Ross I love this so much
    For those who've never seen it, the film is now officially on YouTube.

Thanks Jaap! I bought and viewed this short film on the iTunes store over a decade ago, but I know that it's been around for much longer than that. It is both a cute and emotional story, with an important message...one that I am sure many of us Ross fans who are part of the LGBT community, can identify with. It's the message of self acceptance, and how many of us managed to find that by being a fan of Ms Ross. It's her acceptance of us, as well as the strength and fabulousness that we draw from her music and from her own story of perserverence. The film perfectly encapsulates the experience of many! And it applies not only to Diana fans, but fans of other divas as well. It proclaims the message, "it gets better"!
    Last edited by carlo; 04-06-2022 at 05:19 PM.

Diana has always said she will perform no matter how many are in the audience but to see this young fan is so touching.

Just watched Trevor for the first time. I liked the music, but the story was victimhood personified. OMG, they just could not find enough scenarios to make Trevor into a victim. That victim theme wore very thin very quickly for me.

I was working down the coal mines at his age. We didn’t have the time or energy to be depressed.

For those who may be unaware, the Trevor short film inspired the creators of the film to create "The Trevor Project"....

"The Trevor Project is an American nonprofit organization founded in 1998 focused on suicide prevention efforts among lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning youth. Through a toll-free telephone number, it operates The Trevor Lifeline, a confidential service that offers trained counselors."

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    For those who may be unaware, the Trevor short film inspired the creators of the film to create "The Trevor Project"....

"The Trevor Project is an American nonprofit organization founded in 1998 focused on suicide prevention efforts among lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning youth. Through a toll-free telephone number, it operates The Trevor Lifeline, a confidential service that offers trained counselors."
    I didn’t know that Carlo. What a worthy cause. I remember only to well the difficulties i experienced in coming out to family and friends. I didn’t see ‘Trevor’ until years later, but remember the emergence of Boy George having a really positive effect on me. I hope the film was inspiring to many.
    I would like to think things are a little easier now, but who knows?.

His mother just posted a new TikTok video of her dancing to Diana.