[REMOVE ADS]

RIP, LaShun Pace 1961-2022

LaShun Pace of the Anointed Pace sisters has passed at just 60. LaShun was the best known of the Pace sisters and they were some sangers. Even in the gospel world where there is a wealth of vocal talent, LaShun stood out. Some years ago she performed her classic "I Know I've Been Changed" at Divas Simply Singing in LA. She was so enthusiastically received she was called back to the stage for an encore.

I knew she had been ill. She lost her firstborn daughter, Xenia, over 20 years ago when Xenia was about 11 years old. Understandably, she was devastated by that loss. She had great faith but a friend who knew the family well said that while Lashun thrived and garnered great acclaim as a gospel performer and recording artist over the decades, she never really recovered from that loss. I'd like to believe they are reunited.

https://www.soultracks.com/story-lashun-pace-dies

This is so sad to hear as the family has lost their mother and sister Duranice not long ago. Praying for the family. She had an amazing gift.

Lord, how much can one family take? Rest in power to a stone singer.

Very sad news. I've always loved her voice. Her "I Know I've Been Changed" is a song my sister is often called on to sing in various churches. My personal favorite is "In Everything Give Thanks". Devastated for the family. Always hard to see families get knocked down by death multiple times in a short period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Very sad news. I've always loved her voice. Her "I Know I've Been Changed" is a song my sister is often called on to sing in various churches. My personal favorite is "In Everything Give Thanks". Devastated for the family. Always hard to see families get knocked down by death multiple times in a short period of time.
    Yes, this has been one of the saddest parts of recent times -- some families have experienced multiple, multi-generational losses in a very short period of time. My go-to for Lashun is "I Trust You" from 'It's My Time.'

P.S. your sister must be able to SANG, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post

P.S. your sister must be able to SANG, too.
    If she were a member of the forum, I would reply she's aight. But since she'll probably never read this, I'll say she's a sangin' sista. I don't like her knowing that I think highly of her.