[REMOVE ADS]

Kubie - Glad That You're Not Me/Child He Die [cancelled 1972 MoWest single]

Just throwing this one out there for those with greater knowledge than me. I've seen reference to the above cancelled release [MoWest 5032] planned for October 1972.

It's not included on TCMS12b but the liner notes mention that the songs [along with an entire album] were produced and arranged by Andrew Loog Oldham [Rolling Stones producer] & Adrian Millar and licensed, but then cancelled.

Kubie was the pseudonym for Brit musician David Kubinec, and he later showed up in a band called Rats, who released an album in 1974 which sank without a trace, but got reissued a few years back on CD. The album has producer/arranger credits for Loog Oldham and Millar, and includes both Glad That You're Not Me and Child He Die on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txdLmDnv81U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmjlY0fN43E

My question to anyone who's heard the MoWest single or album is whether these recordings credited to Rats are the same ones that were on the Kubie single? Circumstances suggest it's possible, but it'd be good to know for sure so I can slot them into the running order for my copy of the Complete Motown Singles as I've done with the other missing Rare Earth-licensed singles.
    Last edited by Motown45; 03-17-2022 at 05:25 AM.