[REMOVE ADS]

Benny Reeves has died

The following post is on Facebook..

Our beloved Brother BENNY JOE REEVES has made His transition SUNDAY Night, March 6th. Peacefully as He slept. May He Rest In Peace.

His Memorial Services will be held
    MARCH 15th:
    2:00-3:00PM Family Hour, Service immediately following 3:00-5:00PM, at the Hutchison Funeral Home, Inc.
    6051 East Seven Mile Road DETROIT, 48234
    Ms. Rita
    1[[313) 893-1880
    for flowers delivery and further inquiries. Our family is grateful for you Love and Prayers.

Dr. Martha Reeves[/I][/I][/I][/I][/I]

I'm so very sorry to hear that Martha's Brother, Benny Reeves, has passed on. RIP Benny.

A little refresher for your information in case you are unaware of his background.

Benny Reeves is a longtime singer who has performed with a host of local groups through the decades, including a brief stint with Motown's Contours in the early '60s.

Thanks for that clarification. Some of us are not as knowledgeable on the Motown family as others. I had assumed he was Martha's brother, since we know she came from a large family, but I did not know anything about his performing career.

Sincere condolences to Martha, Lois, Delphine & the rest of the family. I know I met Benny at their Mothers' house with Martha in like '90. I knew he had done a stint with the Contours but I got the impression he didn't like the music business.

May he Rest in Peace.