[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    Maybe this was the Apollo show Margie Haber was referring to?

https://www.harlemworldmagazine.com/...apollo-harlem/

I forgot about this. It was a special event of some kind - maybe a fundraiser, I recall reading dignitaries attended, a small house and open bar.

Well, whoever this person is got a smidge of public notice by trying to smear Diana. But, Diana is going on tour this summer. Maggie is not.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Well said, RanRan. I agree with your entire post, but I wanted to particularly address this part...since you made mention of our dear Supreme, Dr. Reverend Shantel Baker, PhD in BBQ, first lady of Motown. She has given many legendary performances at parking lot BBQ's and due to these unforgettable contributions to the live arts and BBQ farts, she was recently bestowed an honourary PhD in grease and glamour. I look forward to attending her upcoming show, which will be part of a ribbon cutting celebration for the opening of a Wendy's.
    Spot on assessment of La Baker. Things are really happening for her now if she's playing at a Wendy's. Definitely a step up for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    None of us are perfect but we all mellow with age
    Speak for yourself. I'm as nasty today as I was yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Nope.
    You're started.
    I GOTTA hear those stories.
    Spill it, RanTony...
    Uh, uh, uh. You have to wait for the book All That Shimmered Is Grease: My Life With Shantell Baker and Her Supremes. You thought All That Glittered was something, you aint seen nothin' yet! I got stories of sold out barbecues, wild times at the Motel 6 [[Shantell and I are the reason they "leave the light on for ya"), late night recording sessions in the basement of a funeral home. I will even finally break my silence on the time Diana Ross and Mary Wilson rolled up on Shantell and the girls doing a benefit concert for Kaaren Ragland at a Mike's Fish N Chicken. For now I'll just say this: the reason Shantel was doing a benefit concert for Kaaren was because of the last time Diana and Mary rolled up. Oh yeah, it went down. Donald Trump has already agreed to do the foreword for the book, so you know it's going to be good!

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyC View Post
    Man you guys really read a lot into almost nothing. Even Berry referred to DR's "artistic temperament." As a person who was literally shoved out of the way by DR back in the 80's, I've seen that side of her--but who cares? Her "temperament" makes her fascinating. Most of this article by Margie is extremely complimentary.
    Extremely complimentary to Mary, but takes a dig at Diana Ross. And who the hell is okay with being shoved by Diana Ross? I love the lady like family I've never met, but I wish she would shove me in anyway other than a playful way. Legend or not, favorite singer or not, she'd get her feelings hurt. And God help her if my mama saw her do it...

Margie's Diana reflections paint the picture of a nasty woman. Whether the stories are true or not, a Mary tribute isn't the place to relay them. I'm really starting to believe that she really thinks that if she didn't take jabs at Diana, that her tribute would not have seen the light of day. Makes me wonder what the real motivation is. Mary died over a year ago. If Margie was at the recent ceremony, she didn't speak publicly. And while I can understand why she might have chosen not to speak at the ceremony, if she was going to go through the trouble of writing this tribute, she could have passed it along to Turkessa to read. But I'm sure Margie knew Turkessa would have had a problem with the Diana digs.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Extremely complimentary to Mary, but takes a dig at Diana Ross. And who the hell is okay with being shoved by Diana Ross? I love the lady like family I've never met, but I wish she would shove me in anyway other than a playful way. Legend or not, favorite singer or not, she'd get her feelings hurt. And God help her if my mama saw her do it.
    Its not always so cut and dry. I remember when I witnessed Diana shouting at those children in a London Park. She didn’t use profanity, but was screaming “Go away, leave me alone” as they were asking her “are you Diana Ross”. I could have said something, but didn’t. Had she been rude to me i could no longer have continued being a fan, and i was loath to give that up.
    Normally I would be the first person to speak out, but this was someone i had adored all my life. It was akin to witnessing a parent out of control.
    I would imagine Bobby was taken totally by surprise, perhaps more hurt then angry.