[REMOVE ADS]

The Dramatics: "Drama V, Expanded Edition" [Robinsongs/Cherry Red UK-5/6/2022]

• Re-issue of The Dramatics’ ‘Drama V’ from 1975
    • Includes one bonus track, the Top 10 US R&B single version of ‘You’re Fooling You’
    • Plus liner notes by renowned US writer Quentin Harrison with quotes from Michael Henderson.
    The Detroit-based Dramatics [originally formed in 1962] had hit their stride by the time they recorded ‘Drama V’, their sixth overall album [and second for ABC Records], a follow-up to their ‘The Dramatic Jackpot’ LP.
    The quintet [which had experienced a number of personnel changes over the preceding years] had established themselves in the premier league of black male vocal groups thanks to early ‘70s hits such as the classics, ‘Whatcha See Is Whatcha Get’ and ‘In The Rain’ for Volt Records.
    Working with producer Don Davis, songwriter Tony Hester and key musician/songwriter Michael Henderson – the team who had been responsible for their breakthrough Volt hits – among others, The Dramatics [LJ Reynolds, Willie Ford, Ron Banks, Larry “Squirrell” Demps and Lenny Mayes] scored a US Top 10 R&B charted album with ‘Drama V’, thanks to standout tracks such as ‘Just Shopping [Not Buying Anything],’ ‘Dramatic Theme/Treat Me Like A Man’ [both penned by Henderson] and ‘I Was The Life Of The Party’.
    Track Listing:
    1 YOU’RE FOOLING YOU
    2 SHE’S A RAINMAKER
    3 I WAS THE LIFE OF THE PARTY
    4 THINGS ARE CHANGING
    5 I’M GONNA LOVE YOU TO THE MAX
    6 DRAMATIC THEME / TREAT ME LIKE A MAN
    7 JUST SHOPPING [NOT BUYING ANYTHING]
    8 COME OUT OF YOUR THING
    9 I’LL MAKE IT SO GOOD
    BONUS TRACK
    10 YOU’RE FOOLING YOU [US ABC SINGLE]

The Dramatics: Drama V, Expanded Edition - Cherry Red Records

Hi!

A good album. Please read my review of the album with comments from Ron Banks [[Soul Express: The Dramatics Story, part 3) - Name:  Image [[6).jpg
Views: 175
Size:  98.1 KB[ATTACH]19609