[REMOVE ADS]

Should Diana Ross Have Had A Concert Considering Current Covid Concerns?

Seems like now reflecting on it, this might be a topic worthy of review. I predict its a debate where various points of view can find common ground.

Watching this concert, it is clear to me that Ross is rattled. Could be entirely from nerves from being absent the stage these many months , but that in of itself doesn't seem like her ...[??]

Regret mentioning Diana's age here, tired of the focus on it, but in this case it is relevant. Considering the age bracket she's in she's undeniably at a higher risk of a worsened COVID case if exposed. Should she not have thought long about it from the start considering this alone?

Begs the question , why did Diana do it??

Does she need the money ? the adulation? just needs to be 'Miss Ross' again like she's been all her life ?
    She didn't seem , imo , to be relishing her return to the stage....no "I'm here at last , dream come true, let's have the best time ever ...."

Perhaps Diana booked well ahead [but by how long?] in hopes of a lesser COVID scenario. And to that point the mask mandate had now been lifted, suggesting times were better.

Ross came out onto the stage without a mask herself, yet seemed exasperated that others weren't. I suspect looking out and seeing a sea of faces not wearing masks after two years of living with masks being the norm, shook her in a way she didn't anticipate. Whether logistically she was at risk, wasn't the point, psychologically it was effecting her.

In some ways , I'm wondering if she was thinking, "what have I done? Look at all these people jammed together not wearing masks!!" At this point all she could do is urge then to do so ...with no effect...

If she were serious about her COVID concerns , why did she wait until well into the show to [try to] wear a mask [twice] ? Was it an attempt to set an example?

Or if the dropping of the mask mandate concerned her to that degree, why didn't she just cancel? lots of concerts get cancelled.

I'm wondering why/if the family condoned it, did not one say . "Mom, we think you better sit this one out. It's not time yet."

And WHO booked this gig, a free show at a youthful Mardi Gras , an 'away' concert in Florida, in the first place??
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 02-18-2022 at 05:59 PM.

She Should’ve done the concert because she wanted to. She was well aware of the mask rule ahead of time. I don’t think she was rattled at all because of the lack of masks. If she was expecting people to be wearing masks, believe me before she finished I’m coming out she would’ve had something done about it. This is not her first show since the pandemic, it was her first public show. I don’t think her children can tell her what to do if she’s got her mind made up, but I’m guessing they were OK with it. I don’t know why she needs a Recents to do the show, isn’t just wanting to do the show enough? I imagine the people who booked the shower the same people who are booked on here several times in the past. Who said dropping of the mask mandate Concerned her to any degree? You’re reading an awful lot end of this that, frankly, I don’t see. She made an offhand comment halfway through the show about staying safe and putting on masks. She didn’t throw her microphone down on the floor and have catatonic fits she just mentioned it it was over in 15 seconds. I don’t get what the big deal is. I think she was rattled because she was very unhappy with the sound and was unaware that two of her monitors weren’t working and it was throwing the sound she was getting way off even though the sound we were getting was fine. If you have been following diana ross for a number of years, you know she frequently has comments throughout the show trying to fine-tune the sound. I don’t think it has anything to do with a mask, The pending invasion of the Ukraine, or the latest sighting of Bigfoot.

You were there , so I find your input most pertinent .

Why do you think she tried to wear a mask , gave up and then later tried to do so a second time?? She seems to me to be very flustered watching on youtube.

I did not know she was doing private concerts during COVID. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    She Should’ve done the concert because she wanted to. She was well aware of the mask rule ahead of time. I don’t think she was rattled at all because of the lack of masks. If she was expecting people to be wearing masks, believe me before she finished I’m coming out she would’ve had something done about it. This is not her first show since the pandemic, it was her first public show. I don’t think her children can tell her what to do if she’s got her mind made up, but I’m guessing they were OK with it. I don’t know why she needs a Recents to do the show, isn’t just wanting to do the show enough? I imagine the people who booked the shower the same people who are booked on here several times in the past. Who said dropping of the mask mandate Concerned her to any degree? You’re reading an awful lot end of this that, frankly, I don’t see. She made an offhand comment halfway through the show about staying safe and putting on masks. She didn’t throw her microphone down on the floor and have catatonic fits she just mentioned it it was over in 15 seconds. I don’t get what the big deal is. I think she was rattled because she was very unhappy with the sound and was unaware that two of her monitors weren’t working and it was throwing the sound she was getting way off even though the sound we were getting was fine. If you have been following diana ross for a number of years, you know she frequently has comments throughout the show trying to fine-tune the sound. I don’t think it has anything to do with a mask, The pending invasion of the Ukraine, or the latest sighting of Bigfoot.
    Yup. Remember, Diana was performing in the Big RED state of saint desantis and the virgin mother ivana, so the response was not really at all unexpected. Next?

... is it ivana or ivanka? Don't care enough about either to do a Fox News search.

Is your name peasnhominy or peesinnapot. I don’t care enough to look it up.
    What ever it is, don’t you have me on your ignore list ?
    I wish you’d stick to it and stop disrupting my threads with your gunk.

ony