[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

All of those participating in the Twitter thread was shocked by the actions of the Guests, while others who were there confirmed the incident. It was also noted that in a private Passholder group on Facebook, some Universal Guests were complaining about Diana Ross’ ask to wear a mask. Although Universal does not have an outdoor mask mandate in place, and Guests are able to keep their mask on or off as they feel comfortable, it does seem incredibly rude to boo any performer, never mind a musical legend like Diana Ross.

Okay I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this but...most people are over the pandemic. Whether you like it or not, it's a fact. I do not think boo'ing her was the right thing to do but I also do not think it was her place to ask the audience to mask up.

And where all booing you right now ���� is is that Difficult to be a decent human being

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    Okay I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this but...most people are over the pandemic. Whether you like it or not, it's a fact. I do not think boo'ing her was the right thing to do but I also do not think it was her place to ask the audience to mask up.

WE are all over it but lets be honest the GOP and FAUX News and Trump and his base of MAGAts have turned this into a freedom thing. Its NOT. Its a public health issue. You couldnt pay me to go to Florida or Texas with those crazy assed Governors who BTW are all triple vaccinated. This pandemic has just proved how crazy and dangerous the far right in this country is.

We are most certainly NOT over this pandemic. You may be done with it, but it is NOT done with you. I get that people may feel exhausted, but we could be in for many more rounds of variants that may or may not be as deadly as Delta. In fact, the arrogant and petulant behavior by right-wingers made this far worse and caused far more deaths. The US has the worst outcomes among developed nations. Just because some think their freedums include infecting others and making them sick and/or dead, does not make it so. I'd normally say "grow up" to them but most children have been far more responsible than their lunatic, Fox-watching, brain-dead parents.
    Last edited by thanxal; 02-18-2022 at 11:48 AM.

And your perfectly entitled to your opinion Floy. I’m in two minds on this one. I certainly don’t condone the booing, but if the audience were informed they did not have to mask up, why was Diana requesting they do. She must surely have been aware of Universals mandate regarding the wearing of masks when she agreed to perform.
    If she felt that strongly, it might have been wiser to cancel.

Fan comment from the Diana Ross Ultimate Fans Group on Facebook, in response to this article that was posted there earlier this week:

"I was there for this concert. This article is incredibly misleading, if not inaccurate.

There are several videos already on YouTube of Miss Ross encouraging guests to put on a mask for safety reasons.
    She did so in caring, diplomatic, and heartfelt way – although there were awkward groans, silence – and maybe a brief boo or two, this article speaks as if the audience turned against Ross, which is NOT the case.
    Not the case at all.

In addition, as someone who was at the park all day, February 12 was the very first day that Universal lifted all of their mask mandates, and it is possible this information was not directly shared with Miss Ross."

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Dian...9713222322937/

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Fan comment from the Diana Ross Ultimate Fans Group on Facebook, in response to this article that was posted there earlier this week:

"I was there for this concert. This article is incredibly misleading, if not inaccurate.

There are several videos already on YouTube of Miss Ross encouraging guests to put on a mask for safety reasons.
    She did so in caring, diplomatic, and heartfelt way – although there were awkward groans, silence – and maybe a brief boo or two, this article speaks as if the audience turned against Ross, which is NOT the case.
    Not the case at all.

In addition, as someone who was at the park all day, February 12 was the very first day that Universal lifted all of their mask mandates, and it is possible this information was not directly shared with Miss Ross."

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Dian...9713222322937/
    CARLO WHAAAAAATTTT???
    Someone overdramatized something having to do with Diana Ross to get clicks/sell newspapers/create outrage?!?!??

Pearls.
    Are.
    Clutched.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    CARLO WHAAAAAATTTT???
    Someone overdramatized something having to do with Diana Ross to get clicks/sell newspapers/create outrage?!?!??

Pearls.
    Are.
    Clutched.

That is the funniest thing I have read in 500 years! “Most people are over the pandemic” I can’t even begin to stop laughing. During prohibition, most people were over prohibition and they drank. Many of the people who are over the pandemic, were always over it. I could tell you who is not over it: The people working in hospitals putting in 60 to 100 hour work weeks every week week after week month after month trying to save lives many of which are people who are over the pandemic, won’t get vaccinated and won’t wear a mask. But they sure as hell are not over getting cared for it when they get sick and can’t breathe. They scream like stuck pigs when they’re not enough ventilators or PPE. or because their health insurance premiums went crazy because companies spent billions and billions covering this pandemic that people are over.

I wore my mask up until showtime, but I dropped it when she was over by us so she could see my smiling face. When she asked people to put their masks on I thought, “holy shit what the hell is she doing? “However, where we were standing, there was no booing at all that we heard and none of our friends had heard any of it so we’re all pretty surprised that it was reported. I don’t know that I believe that there was booing although I can understand why there would be because if these people get in fist fights on airplanes over wearing a mask they are certainly going to exercise their freedom of speech by booing. And there was a fair amount of space from the stage to the fence, not like in years past. Still, the place was really jammed and I’m sure there were droplets going everywhere.

The Netherlands was over the pandemic and dropped all restrictions. Now, just a few weeks later, they are shitting in their pants because the numbers of new cases have gone through the roof…… Which is too bad because they’re over it!

and, it’s so trashy taboo an old lady because she asked you to do something to help take care of yourself and keep you safe. It’s not like she asked for your first born, just ignoring the request to be an option in a situation like this. But I don’t want to take anybody’s first amendment right away from them…… They can boo, they could drive their truck into the area and protest, they can waive their AK-47 that they have a permit for in the air, they could beat her ass because she’s trying to control their life … This is America - they have Options in Florida! I would say in the three days we were there, we probably saw 100 to 200 images of the confederate flag. This is in Mickey Mouse‘s backyard mind you. At home, I may see one a day or two a day…and seeing all those confederate flags made me sick, inside, nervous not just annoying politically but on another deeper level. I absolutely cannot imagine what it’s like for minorities down there. There’s an arrogance to these trashy folks that I don’t remember seeing before when I was down there. We were happy to get out of Dodge. We don’t want to go back to Florida.
    Last edited by TheMotownManiac; 02-18-2022 at 02:42 PM.

I guess having Diana Ross seeing your smiling face was worth it. That's all it takes to get "IT" though. And besides yourself, certainly hope you didn't pass anything to Diana by your decision. No wonder she was a nervous wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    I guess having Diana Ross seeing your smiling face was worth it. That's all it takes to get "IT" though. And besides yourself, certainly hope you didn't pass anything to Diana by your decision. No wonder she was a nervous wreck.
    I agree Boogie, seconds is all it takes. I just wish more people realised this.

Oh they all want YOU to wear a mask... always....but the Gavin Newsums' and the Nancy Pelosis' and the Ellen DeGeneres' ...and I guess some Diana Ross fans .... they themselves are the exception if the inconvenience gets in the way of their wants in life .
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 02-18-2022 at 02:38 PM.

I knew I'd get some bad reactions but not all of us are going to agree.

MotownManiac, I work in healthcare and worked all through the pandemic. I did not have the luxury of being able to work from home and did end up catching it twice so far. I will say lately it's mostly been younger folks we're treating [[though not much). Since the vaccines, I have noticed a significant drop in senior citizens being hospitalized here.

As someone who's been on the front lines, I will say do NOT believe everything the news outlets report. That includes both the right AND left leaning news outlets.
    Last edited by floyjoy678; 02-18-2022 at 02:46 PM.

I knew I'd get some bad reactions but not all of us are going to agree.

MotownManiac, I work in healthcare and worked all through the pandemic. I did not have the luxury of being able to work from home and did end up catching it twice so far. I will say lately it's mostly been younger folks we're treating. Since the vaccines, I have notice significant drop in senior citizens being hospitalized here.

floyjoy, since you are being candid....if you don't mind sharing, did you get vaccinated and boosted and still got it?

Also in your profession didn't you have to be masked at all times ....yet you still got it twice ....were your masks N95s..... and why the heck didn't they [the masks] work do you think??

oh and THANK YOU for hanging tough and being there.
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 02-18-2022 at 02:48 PM.

floyjoy, since you are being candid....if you don't mind sharing, did you get vaccinated and boosted and still got it?

Also in your profession didn't you have to be masked at all times ....yet you still got it twice ....were your masks N95s..... and why the heck didn't they [the masks] work do you think??

oh and THANK YOU for hanging tough and being there.
    The first time was in March of 2020. I thought it was just a really bad flu but ended up testing for antibodies later on. We weren't yet using the N95s. That wasn't until April. I don't know if anyone remembers but hospitals were short on supplies at that time. Employees were also smuggling supplies.

And I had a very mild bout with it this past December and yes I'm vaccinated and boosted. I was congested for a couple days and that was it. I imagine it would have been worse had I not been vaxxed. I probably caught it at a gathering. I was seeing a lot of friends around that time. I think masks work to an extent but it also depends on which kind of mask you're using. And I love what I do and the thrill of it, so no need to thank me
    Last edited by floyjoy678; 02-18-2022 at 02:58 PM.

The first time was in March of 2020. I thought it was just a really bad flu but ended up testing for antibodies later on. We weren't yet using the N95s. That wasn't until April. I don't know if anyone remembers but hospitals were short on supplies at that time. Employees were also smuggling supplies.

And I had a very mild bout with it this past December and yes I'm vaccinated and boosted. I was congested for a couple days and that was it. I imagine it would have been worse had I not been vaxxed. And I love what I do and the thrill of it, so no need to thank me

good for you. [I'll still thank you].

Just to make the point clear .... this December after boosting and although wearing your protocal mask , you got it again?

She had every right to ask people to mask up. People are so friggin' selfish, thinking only of themselves and their comfort. Miss Ross is a near-80 year old woman. Folks can show her the courtesy of wearing a mask, and they can help protect each other in the process.

or maybe they could all just stay home and lock themselves in a closet for the good of ? ...well for the good of something I'm sure........
    and Diana Ross could not be so "friggin' selfish" as to throw a concert knowing that it would result in people gathering in close quarters and being at risk, thinking only of herself , just so she could make a few bucks...

its all in the spin isn't it!

good for you. [I'll still thank you].

Just to make the point clear .... this December after boosting and although wearing your protocal mask , you got it again?
    That's correct. I don't wear a mask though when I'm at a friend or family's house. Only at work and in public spaces like the grocery store, etc.

well that approach didn't work out too well....

....I guess my reaction is, what's the point of sort of doing it, wearing it here, but not here etc...... if you're not all in, its rather pointless, as your case illustrates.

I honestly appreciate your candor floyjoy. Hopefully it will never revisit you again ..

Oh they all want YOU to wear a mask... always....but the Gavin Newsums' and the Nancy Pelosis' and the Ellen DeGeneres' ...and I guess some Diana Ross fans .... they themselves are the exception if the inconvenience gets in the way of their wants in life .
    A comforting thought being that the last thing she might remember are the unadorned smiles of her most devoted fans.

a lot of conditional factors in your science....

you use the word "reduce"..... by how much ? 10% ? 80%? .0002 %?

Does your 'science" provide numbers on what percentage of people who wear masks wear proper masks and then wear them effectively ? Also , as soon as one wears a mask more than once ...that 'reduce' factor you cite evaporates greatly...

Do YOU wear a [fresh] mask 100% of the time when around people . If not why not, if so - GOOD FOR YOU - that is your individual choice and it would be consistent with your position and I support you.

I didn't say vacs don't help, please don't misrepresent my position when quoting me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    A comforting thought being that the last thing she might remember are the unadorned smiles of her most devoted fans.
    I know.That was my laugh of the day!

What Diana Ross clearly did not say was,

'take off those silly masks so I can see your smiling faces!!" lol!!

COVID 19 vaccines are incredibly effective at reducing the risk of severe complications, hospitalization and death. These vaccines have some of the lowest side-effect and complication rates of any vaccine yet developed. Masks, when worn properly by all, significantly reduce the ability of the virus to transmit between people. When coupled with hand washing and social distancing, the preventive measures and vaccines give us a very good suite of tools to overcome the virus... if we would only use them.

I’m not quite sure what the big deal is here, she did ask people to please take care of themselves and mask up because there was thousands of people shoulder to shoulder and, some people believe, that Covid is contagious. It wasn’t a demand, she never mentioned it again, lots of people did not put their masks on, lots of people already had their masks on, and lots of people put their masks on. It wasn’t a big deal. If there was a large oral statement of unpleasantness because of the request, we didn’t hear it. There may have been a lot of complaints, we weren’t privy to it. And what if there were complaints? People are always complaining about something. It made me laugh when she said it is because it seemed like kind of a nice thing a grandmother would say. Nobody was threatened with expulsion, I can’t imagine why it’s even being discussed. Because I have had a severe case and I’ve been triple vexed I am in the least likely to get it again but, that just means least likely there’s been a lot of deaths to people in my category. I choose to protect myself whenever I feel it’s appropriate. I could be more diligent. I don’t understand why people second guess others decisions. If if someone only wears their mask when they are golfing, that’s what they feel is right for them and it’s absurd for someone else, in my opinion anyway, to say if you were really serious about this you would wear your mask all the time and lock yourself in a closet. Everybody has their own degree of serious. If folks were a little more chill about this they might not be kicking people off of planes forever. Can you imagine not being able to fly for the rest of your life because you got into a fight over wearing a mask on a plane that you agreed to wear ? I think this whole thing is so funny. The law in Florida is you don’t have to wear a mask so, don’t wear one if you don’t want to. I hate wearing my mask. I’m used to it, but it’s annoying. Being a ventilator is more annoying.

a lot of conditional factors in your science....

you use the word "reduce"..... by how much ? 10% ? 80%? .0002 %?
    Lots of science. LOTS on this. Everywhere. You can read it.

Does your 'science" provide numbers on what percentage of people who wear masks wear proper masks and then wear them effectively ? Also , as soon as one wears a mask more than once ...that 'reduce' factor you cite evaporates greatly...
    Again, yes. Lots of science. Not Fox News propaganda. Peer reviewed science. Your last statement is completely false.

Do YOU wear a [fresh] mask 100% of the time when around people . If not why not, if so - GOOD FOR YOU - that is your individual choice and it would be consistent with your position and I support you.
    There is no science that says you need a fresh mask for each new interaction. There is science that says how long before you replace your mask. You're presenting a straw man argument here. You're making up claims that are not valid and then presenting them as somehow a claim that was made by the science on masks.
    I didn't say vacs don't help, please don't misrepresent my position when quoting me.
    I deleted the post but you replied right away.

I decided to write a post based on the latest science about what we know. I'll go peer-reviewed science to peer-reviewed science any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    I’m not quite sure what the big deal is here, she did ask people to please take care of themselves and mask up because there was thousands of people shoulder to shoulder and, some people believe, that Covid is contagious. It wasn’t a demand, she never mentioned it again, lots of people did not put their masks on, lots of people already had their masks on, and lots of people put their masks on. It wasn’t a big deal. If there was a large oral statement of unpleasantness because of the request, we didn’t hear it. There may have been a lot of complaints, we weren’t privy to it. And what if there were complaints? People are always complaining about something. It made me laugh when she said it is because it seemed like kind of a nice thing a grandmother would say. Nobody was threatened with expulsion, I can’t imagine why it’s even being discussed. Because I have had a severe case and I’ve been triple vexed I am in the least likely to get it again but, that just means least likely there’s been a lot of deaths to people in my category. I choose to protect myself whenever I feel it’s appropriate. I could be more diligent. I don’t understand why people second guess others decisions. If if someone only wears their mask when they are golfing, that’s what they feel is right for them and it’s absurd for someone else, in my opinion anyway, to say if you were really serious about this you would wear your mask all the time and lock yourself in a closet. Everybody has their own degree of serious. If folks were a little more chill about this they might not be kicking people off of planes forever. Can you imagine not being able to fly for the rest of your life because you got into a fight over wearing a mask on a plane that you agreed to wear ? I think this whole thing is so funny. The law in Florida is you don’t have to wear a mask so, don’t wear one if you don’t want to. I hate wearing my mask. I’m used to it, but it’s annoying. Being a ventilator is more annoying.

"everyone has their own degree of seriousness", sorry , this is not rational. wearing a mask isn't about only doing so when you feel like it, when it suits you. Or, according to you , if I don't feel like wearing it when I'm at the grocery store ... I am now as " right" as someone wearing one, I get to pick and choose. Which means you are against mandates.
    It sounds like you support the flyer's right to not wear a mask, because in the situation , he didn't want to?? Chill folks, the guy doesn't want to !

You either buy into it all the way ...wearing a mask , or you don't. Anything less is pretend hooey.

I have to admit I'm a little taken aback by someone who had a severe case , finding Diana voicing her concerns amusing ....

Lots of science. LOTS on this. Everywhere. You can read it.

Again, yes. Lots of science. Not Fox News propaganda. Peer reviewed science. Your last statement is completely false.

. Why don't you make life easier and supply your facts :
    What percent of a reduction of transmission results from masks ?
    What percent of mask wearers wear correct masks correctly?

There is no science that says you need a fresh mask for each new interaction. There is science that says how long before you replace your mask. You're presenting a straw man argument here. You're making up claims that are not valid and then presenting them as somehow a claim that was made by the science on masks.
    Once you use your mask , you have to do this:
    Smithsonian:
    Virus particles trapped in the respirator will die off over the course of hours to days, so experts recommend letting an N95 or KN95 mask hang out in a cool, dry place for a day or two between outings.

A simple method for implementing this resting period between uses is to put your mask in a brown paper bag for 24 to 48 hours before using it again.
    Which I have no doubt YOU and everybody reading this does each time

I deleted the post but you replied right away.
    thank you. I'm vaccinated and boosted, my choice , I chose it.

You either buy into it all the way ...wearing a mask , or you don't. Anything less is pretend hooey.
    I don't know where you're getting this half baked info from but it is incorrect.
    Wearing a mask cuts transmission when you're wearing it. Just because you're not wearing it every single time doesn't mean you aren't reducing the risk of transmission when you do wear it.

You seem to think its either 100% or 0%. That is absolutely not true. Someone who slips and doesn't wear a mask for 10 seconds does not erase the risk reduction they have all the rest of the day when they wear a mask. Not wearing a mask for 10 seconds absolutely does not have the same risk level as someone who never wears a mask. This is the science of probabilities and you're treating it as an absolute.

This is disinformation right out of the heart of anti-vaxx land. I don't know if you intend to spread disinformation, but you are.

I'm asking for numbers, your science you allude to, but don't provide.

it 'sorta helps' to wear a mask , sorta kinda , that is depending on ....maybe, might, if

doesn't cut it.

"everyone has their own degree of seriousness", sorry , this is not rational. wearing a mask isn't about only doing so when you feel like it, when it suits you.

It is exactly that. I understand that it is not rational to you, but it is to me. Perhaps you are the judge what is rational or not, and if that’s the case I have questions about other things I would like to discuss. Everyone has their own spin and personal feelings about this subject and I don’t know how another person can invalidate another persons feelings, but they certainly do sometimes try to. My statement was hypothetical. I wear a mask when I’m out in public, and wherever they are required and when I’m in a group situation where I don’t know who or what has been where or when. But I don’t think other people should do that just because I do.

Or, according to you , if I don't feel like wearing it when I'm at the grocery store ... I am now as " right" as someone wearing one, I get to pick and choose. Which means you are against mandates.

I don’t know how you can deduce that I am against mandates, since that’s not what we’re talking about and the fact that I exercise my choice to wear a mask or not in situations where they are not required I don’t feel has anything to do with mandates. Personally, I don’t see the big deal about wearing masks in many situations. If people don’t wanna wear a mask don’t go where they are required. That way you are exercising your right not to wear a mask and the people in control of the business that require masks are exercising their right to only be around people who have a mask on or who are vaccinated. I think that that “right” works both ways. What I really think is that COVID-19 is a terrible thing that the world was not prepared for and was trying desperately to contain the pandemic as they had to learn on the fly. I am so far from being a scientist, it’s ridiculous. I took biology in high school summer school because dissecting a frog wasn’t required. I don’t care for topics like that. I respect the fact that people are doing what they can to try to keep businesses open to try to keep the economy going without running out of hospital beds PPE and caregivers. It’s a balancing act and they did a better job than I could. I don’t really judge them. There’s a woman who worked in the Covid ward as a cleaner who never got it and she was there from the beginning when they didn’t even know what they were dealing with or if they needed masks. Her whole family got it and she didn’t. To my knowledge no one knows why. To me it’s a big unknown and I don’t understand why people are going apeshit about having to wear a mask when they go to Costco. They would rather get arrested, enjoy jail you have to wear a mask there too lol. I would err on the side of caution.

It sounds like you support the flyer's right to not wear a mask, because in the situation , he didn't want to?? Chill folks, the guy doesn't want to !
    it may sound like that to you, but it’s not how I feel. Right now Flyers don’t have a right not to wear a mask so I don’t see what there is to discuss. When you buy your ticket you agree to wear a mask, and you are warned of the consequences. If you don’t want to wear a mask on the plane don’t go on the plane after you’ve agreed to wear a mask. I don’t understand the difficulty of that concept. They will probably have an airline that will not require masks at some point maybe frontier or Kroger airlines and everyone who doesn’t want to wear a mask can go on that airline or those airlines that don’t require it. I don’t see the reason not to wear a mask on the plane, so I don’t see what the big deal is. We have a lot more rights that people take for granted. I don’t have the right to earn my living as a 71-year-old prostitute, and I feel that it is more invasive and restrictive than a mask rule. I’ve got a corner all picked out and a deal with Groupon, but I can’t because it’s illegal.

Maybe it is pretend hooey. Maybe you are pretend hooey, Or maybe I am. But I don’t spend my days looking for holes in what I purport to be other peoples logic. I do find it amusing though that there are folks that get off on it so much.

I have to admit I'm a little taken aback by someone who had a severe case , finding Diana voicing her concerns amusing ....
    ​I was amused at the naïveté of her request, and I still lamb. She meant well, I just don’t think she realized some people in the audience might put a hit out on her dog because of her good-natured suggestion. I’m sorry you were taken aback, and I hope you return soon!

I see your logic.....wearing a mask for 10 seconds is twice as effective as wearing one for five seconds .....and I agree.
    what I continue to ask is , how effective is wearing the mask for those ten seconds ...

added : or I can wear my mask every other day because hey that's fifty percent effective toward preventing COVID

[of course that's not factoring in that the mask works in the first place, or to what degree, which we haven't established]

Last edited by Boogiedown; 02-18-2022 at 06:30 PM.

I'm asking for numbers, your science you allude to, but don't provide.

it 'sorta helps' to wear a mask , sorta kinda , that is depending on ....maybe, might, if

doesn't cut it.
    I'll start with the CDC since they try to make the science understandable to people who may have been misinformed.

[quote]
    Type of investigation Location Study months Population studied Intervention Outcome
    Abaluck37 Cluster-randomized trial Bangladesh Nov 2020–April 2021 342,183 adults in 572 villages Mask promotion strategies In villages receiving mask interventions, symptomatic seroprevalence of SARS-CoV-2 was reduced by approximately 9% [[adjusted prevalence ratio 0.91, 95% CI 0.82-1.00) relative to comparison villages
    Payne38 Cohort study USS Theodore Roosevelt, Guam [[USA) March 2020 382 U.S. Navy service members Mask wearing [[self-report) Masking reduced risk of infection by 70% [[unadjusted OR 0.30, 95% CI = 0.17–0.52)
    Wang Y39 Cohort study Households in Beijing [[China) February–March 2020 124 households of diagnosed cases comprising 335 people Mask wearing by index cases or >1 household member prior to index case’s diagnosis [[self-report) Masking reduced risk of secondary infection by 79% [[adjusted OR 0.21, 95% CI = 0.06–0.79)
    Hendrix44 Cohort study Hair salon in Springfield, MO [[USA) May 2020 2 symptomatically infected stylists and 139 patrons Universal masking in salon [[by local ordinance and company policy) No COVID-19 infections among 67 patrons who were tested in follow-up
    Doung-Ngern41 Case-control study Bangkok [[Thailand) April–May 2020 839 close contacts of 211 index cases Mask wearing by contact at time of high-risk exposure to case [[self-report) Always having used a mask reduced infection by 77% [[adjusted OR 0.23, 95% CI = 0.096–0.60)
    Gallaway49 Population-based intervention Arizona [[USA) January–August 2020 State population Mandatory mask wearing in public Temporal association between institution of masking policy and subsequent decline in new diagnoses
    Rader57 Serial cross-sectional surveys USA June–July 2020 374,021 persons who completed web-based surveys Self-reported mask wearing in grocery stores and in the homes of family or friends 10% increase in mask wearing tripled the likelihood of stopping community transmission [[adjusted OR 3.53, 95% CI = 2.03-6.43)
    Wang X47 Population-based intervention with trend analysis Boston, MA [[USA) March– April 2020 9,850 healthcare workers [[HCW) Universal masking of HCW and patients, Mass General Brigham health care system Estimated daily decline in new diagnoses among HCW of 0.49%
    Mitze48 Population-based intervention with trend analysis Jena [[Thuringia), Germany April 2020 City population aged >15 years Mandatory mask wearing in public spaces [[e.g., public transport, shops) Estimated daily decline in new diagnoses of 1.28 percentage points
    Van Dyke50 Population-based intervention with trend analysis Kansas [[USA) June– August 2020 State population Mandatory mask wearing in public spaces Estimated case rate per 100,000 decreased by 0.08 in counties with mask mandates but increased by 0.11 in those without
    Lyu and Wehby51 Population-based intervention with trend analysis 15 U.S. states and Washington, DC March– May 2020 State population Mandatory mask wearing in public Estimated overall initial daily decline in new diagnoses of 0.9%, grew to 2.0% at 21 days following mandates
    Joo54 Population-based intervention with trend analysis USA March–October 2020 State populations Mandatory mask wearing in public Estimated decline in weekly hospitalization rates by 5.6 percentage points for adults aged 18–64 years after mandate implementation, compared with growth rates during the 4 weeks preceding implementation of the mandate

[QUOTE]

Part two coming next

Part Two:
    Guy56 Population-based intervention with trend analysis 2,313 counties, USA March–December 2020 County population Mandatory mask wearing in public Estimated overall initial daily decline in new diagnoses of 0.5%, grew to 1.8% at 81–100 days following mandates; estimated overall initial daily decline in deaths of 0.7%, grew to 1.9% at 81-100 days following mask mandate implementation
    Jehn42 Population-based intervention with trend analysis Arizona [[USA) July–August 2021 1,020 K–12 schools School mask policies Odds of a school-associated COVID-19 outbreak in schools without a mask requirement were 3.5 times higher than those in schools with an early mask requirement [[OR = 3.5; 95% CI = 1.8–6.9)
    Budzyn43 Population-based intervention with trend analysis USA July–September 2021 520 counties School mask requirements Increases in pediatric COVID-19 case rates during the start of the 2021–22 school year were smaller in U.S. counties with school mask requirements than in those without school mask requirements
    Karaivanov53 Counterfactual modeling using national data Canada March–August 2020 County population Mandatory mask wearing indoors Estimated weekly 22% decline in new diagnoses following mask mandates
    Chernozhukov55 Counterfactual modeling using national data USA March–May 2020 State population Mandatory mask wearing for employees in public businesses Nationally mandating face masks for employees early in the pandemic could have reduced weekly growth rate of cases and deaths by more than 10 percentage points in late April and 34% [[95% CI: 19–47%) fewer deaths nationally by end of May
    Leffler90 Population-based intervention with trend analysis 169 countries January–May 2020 County population Mask wearing by tradition, mandate, or recommendation Duration of mask wearing by the public was negatively associated with per-capita mortality from COVID-19

Want to read the actual studies? Ok. Part Three.

References

1. Moghadas SM, Fitzpatrick MC, Sah P, et al. The implications of silent transmission for the control of COVID-19 outbreaks. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2020;117[[30):17513–17515.
    2. Johansson MA, Quandelacy TM, Kada S, et al. SARS-CoV-2 transmission from people without COVID-19 symptoms. JAMA Netw Open. 2021;4[[1):e2035057.
    3. Lindsley W, Blachere F, Law B, Beezhold D, Noti J. Efficacy of face masks, neck gaiters and face shields for reducing the expulsion of simulated cough-generated aerosols. Aerosol Science and Technology. 2020;55:449–457.
    4. Fischer EP, Fischer MC, Grass D, Henrion I, Warren WS, Westman E. Low-cost measurement of face mask efficacy for filtering expelled droplets during speech. Sci Adv. 2020;6[[36):eabd3083.
    5. Verma S, Dhanak M, Frankenfield J. Visualizing the effectiveness of face masks in obstructing respiratory jets. Phys Fluids [[1994). 2020;32[[6):061708.
    6. Bahl P, Bhattacharjee S, de Silva C, Chughtai AA, Doolan C, MacIntyre CR. Face coverings and mask to minimise droplet dispersion and aerosolisation: a video case study. Thorax. 2020;75[[11):1024–1025.
    7. Davies A, Thompson KA, Giri K, Kafatos G, Walker J, Bennett A. Testing the efficacy of homemade masks: would they protect in an influenza pandemic? Disaster Med Public Health Prep. 2013;7[[4):413–418.
    8. Leung NHL, Chu DKW, Shiu EYC, et al. Respiratory virus shedding in exhaled breath and efficacy of face masks. Nat Med. 2020;26[[5):676–680.
    9. Bandiera L, Pavar G, Pisetta G, et al. Face coverings and respiratory tract droplet dispersion. R Soc Open Sci. 2020;7[[12):201663.
    10. Alsved M, Matamis A, Bohlin R, et al. Exhaled respiratory particles during singing and talking. Aerosol Science and Technology. 2020;54[[11):1245–1248.
    11. Asadi S, Wexler AS, Cappa CD, Barreda S, Bouvier NM, Ristenpart WD. Aerosol emission and superemission during human speech increase with voice loudness. Sci Rep. 2019;9[[1):2348.
    12. Morawska L, Johnson GR, Ristovski ZD, et al. Size distribution and sites of origin of droplets expelled from the human respiratory tract during expiratory activities. Aerosol Sci. 2009;40[[3):256–269.
    13. Abkarian M, Mendez S, Xue N, Yang F, Stone HA. Speech can produce jet-like transport relevant to asymptomatic spreading of virus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2020;117[[41):25237–25245.
    14. Ueki H, Furusawa Y, Iwatsuki-Horimoto K, et al. Effectiveness of face masks in preventing airborne transmission of SARS-CoV-2. mSphere. 2020;5[[5):e00637-20.
    15. Rodriguez-Palacios A, Cominelli F, Basson AR, Pizarro TT, Ilic S. Textile masks and surface covers-a spray simulation method and a “Universal Droplet Reduction Model” against respiratory pandemics. Front Med [[Lausanne). 2020;7:260.
    16. Viola IM, Peterson B, Pisetta G, et al. Face coverings, aerosol dispersion and mitigation of virus transmission risk. IEEE Open J Eng Med Biol. 2021;2:26–35.
    17. Adenaiye OO, Lai J, de Mesquita PJB, et al. Infectious SARS-CoV-2 in exhaled aerosols and efficacy of masks during early mild infection. Clin Infect Dis. 2021;doi:10.1093/cid/ciab797.
    18. Rengasamy S, Eimer B, Shaffer RE. Simple respiratory protection–evaluation of the filtration performance of cloth masks and common fabric materials against 20-1000 nm size particles. Ann Occup Hyg. 2010;54[[7):789–98.
    19. Long KD, Woodburn EV, Berg IC, Chen V, Scott WS. Measurement of filtration efficiencies of healthcare and consumer materials using modified respirator fit tester setup. PLoS One. 2020;15[[10):e0240499.
    20. Konda A, Prakash A, Moss GA, Schmoldt M, Grant GD, Guha S. Aerosol filtration efficiency of common fabrics used in respiratory cloth masks. ACS Nano. 2020;14[[5):6339–6347.
    21. O’Kelly E, Pirog S, Ward J, Clarkson PJ. Ability of fabric face mask materials to filter ultrafine particles at coughing velocity. BMJ Open. 2020;10[[9):e039424.
    22. Aydin O, Emon B, Cheng S, Hong L, Chamorro LP, Saif MTA. Performance of fabrics for home-made masks against the spread of COVID-19 through droplets: A quantitative mechanistic study. Extreme Mech Lett. 2020;40:100924.
    23. Bhattacharjee S, Bahl P, Chughtai AA, MacIntyre CR. Last-resort strategies during mask shortages: optimal design features of cloth masks and decontamination of disposable masks during the COVID-19 pandemic. BMJ Open Respir Res. 2020;7[[1):e000698.
    24. Maurer L, Peris D, Kerl J, Guenther F, Koehler D, Dellweg D. Community masks during the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic: filtration efficacy and air resistance. J Aerosol Med Pulm Drug Deliv. 2021;34[[1):11–19.
    25. Hill WC, Hull MS, MacCuspie RI. Testing of commercial masks and respirators and cotton mask insert materials using SARS-CoV-2 virion-sized particulates: comparison of ideal aerosol filtration efficiency versus fitted filtration efficiency. Nano Lett. 2020;20[[10):7642–7647.
    26. Whiley H, Keerthirathne TP, Nisar MA, White MAF, Ross KE. Viral filtration efficiency of fabric masks compared with surgical and N95 Masks. Pathogens. 2020;9[[9):762.
    27. Hao W, Parasch A, Williams S, et al. Filtration performances of non-medical materials as candidates for manufacturing facemasks and respirators. Int J Hyg Environ Health. 2020;229:113582.
    28. van der Sande M, Teunis P, Sabel R. Professional and home-made face masks reduce exposure to respiratory infections among the general population. PLoS One. 2008;3[[7):e2618.
    29. Chu DK, Akl EA, Duda S, et al. Physical distancing, face masks, and eye protection to prevent person-to-person transmission of SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Lancet. 2020;395[[10242):1973–1987.
    30. Clase CM, Fu EL, Ashur A, et al. Forgotten technology in the COVID-19 pandemic: filtration properties of cloth and cloth masks-a narrative review. Mayo Clin Proc. 2020;95[[10):2204–2224.
    31. Parlin AF, Stratton SM, Culley TM, Guerra PA. A laboratory-based study examining the properties of silk fabric to evaluate its potential as a protective barrier for personal protective equipment and as a functional material for face coverings during the COVID-19 pandemic. PLoS One. 2020;15[[9):e0239531.
    32. Rothamer DA, Sanders S, Reindl D, Bertram TH. Strategies to minimize SARS-CoV-2 transmission in classroom settings: Combined impacts of ventilation and mask effective filtration efficiency. Sci Tech Built Environ. 2021;27[[9):1181–1203.
    33. Mueller AV, Eden MJ, Oakes JM, Bellini C, Fernandez LA. Quantitative method for comparative assessment of particle removal efficiency of fabric masks as alternatives to standard surgical masks for PPE. Matter. 2020;3[[3):950–962.
    34. Clapp PW, Sickbert-Bennett EE, Samet JM, et al. Evaluation of cloth masks and modified procedure masks as personal protective equipment for the public during the COVID-19 pandemic. JAMA Intern Med. 2021;181[[4):463–469.
    35. Brooks JT, Beezhold DH, Noti JD, et al. Maximizing fit for cloth and medical procedure masks to improve performance and reduce SARS-CoV-2 transmission and exposure, 2021. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2021;70[[7):254–257.
    36. Sickbert-Bennett EE, Samet JM, Prince SE, et al. Fitted filtration efficiency of double masking during the COVID-19 pandemic. JAMA Intern Med. 2021;181[[8):1126–1128.
    37. Abaluck J, Kwong LH, Styczynski A, et al. Impact of community masking on COVID-19: a cluster-randomized trial in Bangladesh. Science. 2021; doi: 10.1126/science.abi9069.
    38. Payne DC, Smith-Jeffcoat SE, Nowak G, et al. SARS-CoV-2 infections and serologic responses from a sample of U.S. Navy service members – USS Theodore Roosevelt, April 2020. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2020;69[[23):714–721.
    39. Wang Y, Tian H, Zhang L, et al. Reduction of secondary transmission of SARS-CoV-2 in households by face mask use, disinfection and social distancing: a cohort study in Beijing, China. BMJ Glob Health. 2020;5[[5):e002794.
    40. Nelson SB, Dugdale CM, Bilinski A, Cosar D, Pollock NR, Ciaranello A. Prevalence and risk factors for in-school transmission of SARS-CoV-2 in Massachusetts K-12 public schools, 2020-2021. medRxiv. 2021; doi.org/10.1101/2021.09.22.21263900.
    41. Doung-Ngern P, Suphanchaimat R, Panjangampatthana A, et al. Case-control study of use of personal protective measures and risk for Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 infection, Thailand. Emerg Infect Dis. 2020;26[[11):2607–2616.
    42. Jehn M, McCullough JM, Dale AP, Gue M, Eller B, Cullen T, Scott SE. Association between K–12 school mask policies and school-associated COVID-19 outbreaks — Maricopa and Pima Counties, Arizona, July–August 2021. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2021; 70[[39);1372–1373.
    43. Budzyn SE, Panaggio MJ, Parks SE, Papazian M, Magid J, Eng M, Barrios LC. Pediatric COVID-19 cases in counties with and without school mask requirements — United States, July 1–September 4, 2021. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2021; 70[[39);1377–1378.
    44. Hendrix MJ, Walde C, Findley K, Trotman R. Absence of apparent transmission of SARS-CoV-2 from two stylists after exposure at a hair salon with a universal face covering policy – Springfield, Missouri, May 2020. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2020;69[[28):930-932.
    45. Schwartz KL, Murti M, Finkelstein M, et al. Lack of COVID-19 transmission on an international flight. CMAJ. 2020;192[[15):E410.
    Too many for one post. Part Four coming.

Part Four

1. Freedman DO, Wilder-Smith A. In-flight transmission of SARS-CoV-2: a review of the attack rates and available data on the efficacy of face masks. J Travel Med. 2020;27[[8):taaa178.
    2. Wang X, Ferro EG, Zhou G, Hashimoto D, Bhatt DL. Association between universal masking in a health care system and SARS-CoV-2 positivity among health care workers. JAMA. 2020;324[[7):703–704.
    3. Mitze T, Kosfeld R, Rode J, Wälde K. Face masks considerably reduce COVID-19 cases in Germany. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2020;117[[51):32293–32301.
    4. Gallaway MS, Rigler J, Robinson S, et al. Trends in COVID-19 incidence after implementation of mitigation measures – Arizona, January 22-August 7, 2020. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2020;69[[40):1460–1463.
    5. Van Dyke ME, Rogers TM, Pevzner E, et al. Trends in county-level COVID-19 incidence in counties with and without a mask mandate – Kansas, June 1-August 23, 2020. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2020;69[[47):1777–1781.
    6. Lyu W, Wehby GL. Community use of face masks and COVID-19: evidence from a natural experiment of state mandates in the US. Health Aff [[Millwood). 2020;39[[8):1419–1425.
    7. Hatzius J, Struyven D, Rosenberg I. Face masks and GDP. Updated June 29, 2020. Accessed July 8, 2020. https://www.goldmansachs.com/insights/pages/face-masks-and-gdp.htmlexternal icon
    8. Karaivanov A, Lu SE, Shigeoka H, Chen C, Pamplona S. Face masks, public policies and slowing the spread of COVID-19: evidence from Canada. J Health Econ. 2021;78:102475.
    9. Joo H, Miller GF, Sunshine G, et al. Decline in COVID-19 hospitalization growth rates associated with statewide mask mandates – 10 states, March-October 2020. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2021;70[[6):212–216.
    10. Chernozhukov V, Kasahara H, Schrimpf P. Causal impact of masks, policies, behavior on early COVID-19 pandemic in the U.S. J Econom. 2021;220[[1):23–62.
    11. Guy GP Jr, Lee FC, Sunshine G, et al. Association of state-issued mask mandates and allowing on-premises restaurant dining with county-level COVID-19 case and death growth rates – United States, March 1-December 31, 2020. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2021;70[[10):350–354.
    12. Rader B, White LF, Burns MR, et al. Mask-wearing and control of SARS-CoV-2 transmission in the USA: a cross-sectional study. The Lancet Digital Health. 2021;3[[3):e148–e157.
    13. Bundgaard H, Bundgaard JS, Raaschou-Pedersen DET, et al. Effectiveness of adding a mask recommendation to other public health measures to prevent SARS-CoV-2 infection in Danish mask wearers: a randomized controlled trial. Ann Intern Med. 2021;174[[3):335–343.
    14. MacIntyre CR, Seale H, Dung TC, et al. A cluster randomised trial of cloth masks compared with medical masks in healthcare workers. BMJ Open. 2015;5[[4):e006577.
    15. MacIntyre CR, Dung TC, Chughtai AA, Seale H, Rahman B. Contamination and washing of cloth masks and risk of infection among hospital health workers in Vietnam: a post hoc analysis of a randomised controlled trial. BMJ Open. 2020;10[[9):e042045.
    16. Shein SL, Whitticar S, Mascho KK, Pace E, Speicher R, Deakins K. The effects of wearing facemasks on oxygenation and ventilation at rest and during physical activity. PLoS One. 2021;16[[2):e0247414.
    17. Chan NC, Li K, Hirsh J. Peripheral oxygen saturation in older persons wearing nonmedical face masks in community settings. JAMA. 2020;324[[22):2323–2324.
    18. Samannan R, Holt G, Calderon-Candelario R, Mirsaeidi M, Campos M. Effect of face masks on gas exchange in healthy persons and patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2021;18[[3):541–544.
    19. Hopkins SR, Dominelli PB, Davis CK, et al. Face masks and the cardiorespiratory response to physical activity in health and disease. Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2021;18[[3):399–407.
    20. Bar-On O, Gendler Y, Stafler P, et al. Effects of wearing facemasks during brisk walks: a COVID-19 dilemma. J Am Board Fam Med. 2021;34[[4):798–801.
    21. Roberge RJ, Kim JH, Benson SM. Absence of consequential changes in physiological, thermal and subjective responses from wearing a surgical mask. Respir Physiol Neurobiol. 2012;181[[1):29–35.
    22. Epstein D, Korytny A, Isenberg Y, et al. Return to training in the COVID-19 era: the physiological effects of face masks during exercise. Scand J Med Sci Sports. 2021;31[[1):70–75.
    23. Shaw KA, Zello GA, Butcher SJ, Ko JB, Bertrand L, Chilibeck PD. The impact of face masks on performance and physiological outcomes during exercise: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2021;46[[7):693–703.
    24. Slimani M, Miarka B, Znazen H, et al. Effect of a warm-up protocol with and without facemask-use against COVID-19 on cognitive function: a pilot, randomized counterbalanced, cross-sectional study. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2021;18[[11):5885.
    25. Schulte-Korne B, Hollmann W, Vassiliadis A, Predel HG. [Effects of surgical face masks on exercise performance and perceived exertion of exercise in well-trained healthy boys]. Wien Med Wochenschr. 2021;1–4.
    26. Person E, Lemercier C, Royer A, Reychler G. [Effect of a surgical mask on six minute walking distance]. Rev Mal Respir. Mar 2018;35[[3):264–268.
    27. Driver S, Reynolds M, Brown K, et al. Effects of wearing a cloth face mask on performance, physiological and perceptual responses during a graded treadmill running exercise test. Br J Sports Med. 2021; bjsports-2020-103758.
    28. Lassing J, Falz R, Pokel C, et al. Effects of surgical face masks on cardiopulmonary parameters during steady state exercise. Sci Rep. 2020;10[[1):22363.
    29. Fikenzer S, Uhe T, Lavall D, et al. Effects of surgical and FFP2/N95 face masks on cardiopulmonary exercise capacity. Clin Res Cardiol. 2020;109[[12):1522–1530.
    30. Park SJ, Han HS, Shin SH, et al. Adverse skin reactions due to use of face masks: a prospective survey during the COVID-19 pandemic in Korea. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2021;35[[10):e628–e630.
    31. Chaiyabutr C, Sukakul T, Pruksaeakanan C, Thumrongtharadol J, Boonchai W. Adverse skin reactions following different types of mask usage during the COVID-19 pandemic. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2021;35[[3):e176–e178.
    32. Montero-Vilchez T, Cuenca-Barrales C, Martinez-Lopez A, Molina-Leyva A, Arias-Santiago S. Skin adverse events related to personal protective equipment: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2021;35[[10):1994–2006.
    33. Techasatian L, Lebsing S, Uppala R, et al. The effects of the face mask on the skin underneath: a prospective survey during the COVID-19 pandemic. J Prim Care Community Health. 2020;11:2150132720966167.
    34. Smith J, Culler A, Scanlon K. Impacts of blood gas concentration, heart rate, emotional state, and memory in school‐age children with and without the use of facial coverings in school during the COVID‐19 pandemic. FASEB J. 2021;35[[Suppl 1) doi:10.1096/fasebj.2021.35.S1.04955.
    35. Lubrano R, Bloise S, Testa A, et al. Assessment of respiratory function in infants and young children wearing face masks during the COVID-19 pandemic. JAMA Netw Open. 2021;4[[3):e210414.
    36. Dost B, Kömürcü Ö, Bilgin S, Dökmeci H, Terzi Ö, Barış S. Investigating the effects of protective face masks on the respiratory parameters of children in the post-anesthesia care unit during the COVID-19 pandemic. J Perianesth Nurs. 2021; doi.org/10.1016/j.jopan.2021.02.004.
    37. Ammann P, Ulyte A, Haile SR, Puhan MA, Kriemler S, Radtke T. Perceptions towards mask use in school children during the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic: the Ciao Corona Study. medRxiv. 2021; doi.org/10.1101/2021.09.04.21262907external icon.
    38. Gori M, Schiatti L, Amadeo MB. Masking emotions: face masks impair how we read emotions. Front Psychol. 2021;12:669432.
    39. Ruba AL, Pollak SD. Children’s emotion inferences from masked faces: implications for social interactions during COVID-19. PLoS One. 2020;15[[12):e0243708.
    40. Singh L, Tan A, Quinn PC. Infants recognize words spoken through opaque masks but not through clear masks. Dev Sci. 2021;24[[6):e13117.
    41. Sivaraman M, Virues-Ortega J, Roeyers H. Telehealth mask wearing training for children with autism during the COVID-19 pandemic. J Appl Behav Anal. 2021;54[[1):70–86.
    42. Halbur M, Kodak T, McKee M, et al. Tolerance of face coverings for children with autism spectrum disorder. J Appl Behav Anal. 2021;54[[2):600–617.
    43. Lillie MA, Harman MJ, Hurd M, Smalley MR. Increasing passive compliance to wearing a facemask in children with autism spectrum disorder. J Appl Behav Anal. 2021;54[[2):582–599.
    44. Schneider J, Sandoz V, Equey L, Williams-Smith J, Horsch A, Bickle Graz M. The role of face masks in the recognition of emotions by preschool children. JAMA Pediatr. 2021;e214556.
    45. Leffler CT, Ing E, Lykins JD, Hogan MC, McKeown CA, Grzybowski A. Association of country-wide coronavirus mortality with demographics, testing, lockdowns, and public wearing of masks. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2020;103[[6):2400–2411.
    What else?

There's the numbers and the peer-reviewed literature to back it up. I ain't reading it for you. Have at it.

I see your logic.....wearing a mask for 10 seconds is twice as effective as wearing one for five seconds .....and I agree.
    what I continue to ask is , how effective is wearing the mask for those ten seconds ...
    since you insist on reducing my logic to a ridiculous analogy, I will play your silly game [[although your point has not been made at all.) Wearing a mask for 10 seconds is more effective than not wearing it at all. So the answer is: more. And we both agree on that, shall we get a room now?

And we both agree on that, shall we get a room now?
    If you do, wear a mask.

what is the percentage of the reduction of transmission by wearing a mask ?

if you haven't the foggiest , just say so ...
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 02-18-2022 at 06:50 PM.

what is the percentage of the reduction of transmission by wearing a mask ?

if you haven't the foggiest , just say so ...
    Can you read? I'll point them out for you.

Payne [[38)
    Wang [[Y39)
    Doung-Ngern [[41)
    Rader [[57)

Edit: you'll also have to do maths.
    Last edited by thanxal; 02-18-2022 at 06:55 PM.

There's the numbers and the peer-reviewed literature to back it up. I ain't reading it for you. Have at it.
    it’s wonderful that you have all that information at your fingertips, or that you took the time to find it, but do you think for one second any of it was read? There are people that do not want the facts, they only want a shred of information or part of a sentence that can be extracted to support their position. When they were claiming the election was stolen, and republican governors were making sure that the votes were correct, it wasn’t enough. It would’ve been enough if they said oh yes, it was stolen. So they began having recounts, and when the recounts didn’t show anything basically, they denounced those findings. And the nimrods in our Arizona hired that group of idiots to tear apart everything in blue counties in Arizona and even they couldn’t find anything. That those people did not say, “OK thank you now we agree that the election was fair and we support president by . “They didn’t say that at all because it isn’t what they wanted to hear. They don’t care what the truth is, and after four years of Trump it doesn’t matter what the truth is, because these people deal in their own reality and control their own narratives.

I want to read the test results from testing the masks themselves on their effectiveness,

not an extrapolation on what may or may not have happened during the same time a mask mandate was in place.

it’s wonderful that you have all that information at your fingertips, or that you took the time to find it, but do you think for one second any of it was read?
    Sadly, MM, I don't. But I don't think that was the point. I think it was to score some cheap shot at you.
    because these people deal in their own reality and control their own narratives.
    But sadly, reality doesn't care about their narratives. The reality is this. We have a pandemic. The virus that propels it doesn't have a political affiliation. People are exposing themselves and others to illness and death because of politically driven misinformation. This is why, in the US, the Supreme Court has generally upheld public health mandates that require people to act. Don't like it? The courts can be packed with right wing ideologues, but that virus don't care. It's gonna virus no matter what some lunatic group thinks, or does, or creates it own reality for itself. 900,000 people in the US are dead because of this virus. But's let's not hurt anybody's fee fee's by asking them to put a little old piece of cloth over their face so people don't die. That would be comma nism!!!!

I want to read the test results from testing the masks themselves on their effectiveness,

not an extrapolation on what may or may not have happened during the same time a mask mandate was in place.
    What would the other intervening variables be?

you can wear a mask every day or every other day, or here and there or constantly for the next eighties years, god willing and more power to you.

wrap yourself in saran wrap from head to toe if it makes you "feel" better while your at it.

There must be some extrapolation stats on the benefits of doing that ...maybe from Tanzania??

you can wear a mask every day or every other day, or here and there or constantly for the next eighties years, god willing and more power to you.

wrap yourself in saran wrap from head to toe if it makes you "feel" better while your at it.

There must be some extrapolation stats on the benefits of doing that ...maybe from Tanzania??
    That wasn't my question. What would the other intervening variables be in those studies?

I've been to Tanzania. Don't bring them into this.

What would the other intervening variables be?
    exactly !!

reporting techniques , available response treatment, reduced air flight, closed eateries, on and on and on .....