[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    What’s the big deal but she didn’t do perfect on the song thank you as if you could’ve done any better all the negative shots Are uncalled for all I can say is Mary Wilson Mary Wilson Mary Wilson it’s time to grow up and start acting like adults she looked and she sounded great

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Ive got this to say and its only my opinion. Had Miss Ross mentioned Mary personally there would have been those that say what took her so long. Fans keep this Diana and Mary feud going and ive got proof of that cause it happens on every facebook Ross/Supremes fanpage. I give Miss Ross a pass for every error she may have made on Saturday night. Shes 78 next month and hasnt been out of the house in 2 years. Thats real tough folks. My Aunt Montse lost her cousin and best friend since they was 2 years old to Covid in May of 2020 and has barely been out of the house since then. Her groceries are all delivered and she goes to church online and only goes out for a walk double masked at 6.30am every morning and in winter when its dark she doesnt get out for her walk. Shes terrified of catching Covid and it makes her real anxious. Now back to Diana Ross. So she didnt rehearse a song. Maybe she didnt want to be around people but did manage to go onstage. All of her musicians were masked. As for Diana and Mary, well they may not have been around each other much but Turkessa said on a video or maybe it was ET that they did speak on the phone and George or Andy stated on video that Mary met a fan for lunch or dinner or coffee in Vegas back in 2018 or 2019 and told Mary he wanted to see Diana or meet Diana while she was playing The Wynn. Jorge or Andy said Mary made a call and the fan got to see Diana. These women truly loved each other. They built each others legacy. You can not like some friends at times but that doesnt stop you from loving them. As for Dianas UK tour. I have no doubt shes going to be fighting fit and put on a great show for her fans.
    I hope and believe so too Roberta. I cannot wait to see her in June! And, I would love to hear her do "Thank You", not only because it is a great song, but also as it is a testament to Diana's love for her fans and vice versa!!
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 02-15-2022 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    My point exactly Brad. We are talking about taking time out to prepare and rehearse literally one single song that’s said to be about showing gratitude to her fans.
    The fact she is probably unlikely to perform any further songs from such a supposedly personal album is in itself a travesty.
    Tony Bennet has always shown himself to be pure class, while the same can also be said of M’s Streisand. There concerts being a world apart from this now tired out, and overly familiar show. To me she appears to be just going through the motions.

i’m very disappointed in these comments. Tony Bennett? What is this got to do with Tony Bennett? What is this got to do with anyone but Diana Ross? Is someone actually saying hear that because one person was able to do some thing that another person should be able to do that same thing? Believe me there’s lots of things I can’t do that other people can do, and vice versa. Some people have a hard time learning lyrics, especially at a certain age. To refer to Diana or Mary or Felix the cat for being unprofessional or unforgivable because they didn’t learn the lyrics to one song to me is the travesty. We are all individuals. I would like for them to a bit more new songs that were new and have her be down on thank you, but this is what we got and I was there no one was disappointed. I find your comment supposedly Personal, to be bitchy. Are you inferring the album wasn’t personal to her because it didn’t meet your standards of public performance? Who are you again? What is your exact address in heaven? If you are expecting a 77 year old dog to learn new tricks, my advice to you is to find another dog.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Yeah, at this point I'm not as interested in hearing the hits. She's done them for eons now and to be honest her voice doesn't pull them off the way I usually want to hear them. So for me it's the material where she gets to really stretch her artistry, and the jazzy numbers would be a welcome earful. I'd love for her to even turn some of the classic hits into jazz and blues. I think she'd wow people with that.
    Great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Hey Motown Maniac...was her long time musical director, George [[Georgie), on stage last night? Or did Troy Miller take over his duties for this show? I don't seem to recall seeing George in any of the videos.
    George was there - workin’ overtime! 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    Ollie, as usual you are right on point.

People paid top dollar to see a polished show, not an embarrassing rehearsal. Please learn one new song for God’s sake. Fans have waited decades for a new song. Sadly, it summed her up to a tee. And, that exit, wow, it was bizarre and embarrassing.
    Of course we all want a new show. She may not be up to it. Should we lock her in a room somewhere? I was disappointed for sure, but I still got what I wanted most of all, to genuflect in person and worship faithfully. Did I cringe several times? Yes. Was I concerned with no encore? Yes. Was the audience begging for more? Yes. I was glad I went and will go again. The general audience was quite pleased.I stopped criticizing Mary and Diana at 70.

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    Diana Ross did amazing with her live show unbelievable for 78 years old and for the person to tell her to go hang it up I think she did way better than you could do anything in your life maybe it’s about time you hung it up The most of the Nasty reportings are coming from the Merry Wilson camp go figure

Please leave Miss MARY Wilson out of this.

I cracked up at one of those videos where she said, "Put a mask on that baby!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    i’m very disappointed in these comments. Tony Bennett? What is this got to do with Tony Bennett? What is this got to do with anyone but Diana Ross? Is someone actually saying hear that because one person was able to do some thing that another person should be able to do that same thing? Believe me there’s lots of things I can’t do that other people can do, and vice versa. Some people have a hard time learning lyrics, especially at a certain age. To refer to Diana or Mary or Felix the cat for being unprofessional or unforgivable because they didn’t learn the lyrics to one song to me is the travesty. We are all individuals. I would like for them to a bit more new songs that were new and have her be down on thank you, but this is what we got and I was there no one was disappointed. I find your comment supposedly Personal, to be bitchy. Are you inferring the album wasn’t personal to her because it didn’t meet your standards of public performance? Who are you again? What is your exact address in heaven? If you are expecting a 77 year old dog to learn new tricks, my advice to you is to find another dog.
    This a typically hysterical, and rather childish reaction to someone with a varying opinion. If you took the time to actually read my posts, i have mentioned many a time that i love the album, with its message clearly a very personal one.
    To compare Diana’s current show with the likes of Tony Bennett or Streisand is ridiculous. Both of those artists clearly put a lot of work into their shows, performing old and new material with consummate ease, despite being of pensionable age. Diana Ross has been performing the same set list since time immemorial. The fact she clearly hadn't taken the time to learn just one new song, intended as a thank you to her fans speaks volumes. It made her appear amateurish and unprofessional when she is so much better then that.
    To cut her some slack, this was her first concert in a while, so hopefully things will improve.
    If she really is to old and feeble as you imply to learn a single new song then i would quite understand.
    P.S it’s really not very gentlemanly to refer to Diana as a dog. And there I was assuming you were a fan. Hmmm.

Ive got this to say and its only my opinion. Had Miss Ross mentioned Mary personally there would have been those that say what took her so long. Fans keep this Diana and Mary feud going and ive got proof of that cause it happens on every facebook Ross/Supremes fanpage. I give Miss Ross a pass for every error she may have made on Saturday night. Shes 78 next month and hasnt been out of the house in 2 years. Thats real tough folks. My Aunt Montse lost her cousin and best friend since they was 2 years old to Covid in May of 2020 and has barely been out of the house since then. Her groceries are all delivered and she goes to church online and only goes out for a walk double masked at 6.30am every morning and in winter when its dark she doesnt get out for her walk. Shes terrified of catching Covid and it makes her real anxious. Now back to Diana Ross. So she didnt rehearse a song. Maybe she didnt want to be around people but did manage to go onstage. All of her musicians were masked. As for Diana and Mary, well they may not have been around each other much but Turkessa said on a video or maybe it was ET that they did speak on the phone and George or Andy stated on video that Mary met a fan for lunch or dinner or coffee in Vegas back in 2018 or 2019 and told Mary he wanted to see Diana or meet Diana while she was playing The Wynn. Jorge or Andy said Mary made a call and the fan got to see Diana. These women truly loved each other. They built each others legacy. You can not like some friends at times but that doesnt stop you from loving them. As for Dianas UK tour. I have no doubt shes going to be fighting fit and put on a great show for her fans.

Sweet, dear Roberta,

Thank you.

Couldn't have put it in better words. Probably she did not rehearse or did a souncheck. We can have our opinions about it, but hey, it happened. She made the best out of it.

And I'm not wasting words on Mary vs Diana. In my opinion there is no "vs".

I miss Mary and happy to see Diana still around.

Quote from Ms Ross Twitter:
    "Something lovely happened today to me. At Trader Joe's market the people at checkout and the person returning my basket were very kind. It was unusual most market at check out are impersonal and sometimes even harsh.A simple kindness changed my entire day ,made me happy Thank U"

Kindness goes a long way!

It’s not Mary it’s the crazy ass fans

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    I've seen several of the clips and I wasn't too impressed if my honest opinion counts. The only song she seemed to loosen up was Come See About Me. It could be a positive thing for her though if she has anxiety about the pandemic, this may be a step further for her to get more comfortable and used to it. I also agree there's no reason for her not to be prepared for one song.

With that being said, I've also been thinking about taking a big step away from the forum. I'll read up here and there but I don't know if I'm going to post anymore. It's not the same around here. I don't know if it's from loosing certain members [[or gaining some fanatical ones) or Mary's passing but something's missing and I find myself disinterested lately in this forum.
    Dont feel bad your not the only one who feels that way I m happy diana at least performed full cuts of stop in the name of love come see about me and I hear my world is empty hopefully an ode to Mary . Hope u enjoyed her new anthology as well. I think Diana's show will get better after this pandemic vanishes.

I guess Ella Fitzgerald should have not forgotten the lyric of 'Mack The Knife' in Berlin in 1960, yet that performance remains one of her most beloved tracks to this day. I wonder if any toads from 1960 are still complaining about Ella?

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    I guess Ella Fitzgerald should have not forgotten the lyric of 'Mack The Knife' in Berlin in 1960, yet that performance remains one of her most beloved tracks to this day. I wonder if any toads from 1960 are still complaining about Ella?
    What an utterly ridiculous analogy. Ella had already started singing the song, having the panache and style to invent her own lyrics when she forget some of the words. That’s quite a different scenario from just standing there saying “I can’t do it”. Even worse, standing there miming half heartedly to a sped up version of your own song when the audience is expecting to hear it live. I wonder if like Ella it will become recognised as a career highlight.? It’s certainly food for thought.
    Ella was always pure class, as were most from her generation.
    Still name calling i see. Some habits are hard to break I guess.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 02-16-2022 at 02:17 PM.

Diana would have not tried to pull this shite 30 years ago. She would have been read for filth in every publication. But she's now reached legendary status, so she can fart in a microphone and the crowd would ooh and ahh.

She should have just played the track, danced around the stage, and touched her hair 117 times.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Diana's reaction to "thank you" going wrong the other night was the middle ground between Ella in Berlin doing Mack the Knife and forgetting the words, but still turning it out like an artist, and her daughter in law Ashlee Simpson lipsynching to the wrong track on Saturday Night Live and doing a hoe down jig before fleeing the stage.

At least she didn't do an Ashlee and she stuck it out. I'm sure by the time she gets to the UK for her tour and then Hollywood Bowl she will have shaken off the rust and have any new songs [[or old new songs) down pat.

Even though she's mellowed in recent years, I'm sure after the show Diana Ross was not happy about how "Thank you" turned out the other night. She's an old pro and I bet that next time she's on stage there won't be the mistakes as well as less rust than her performance in Orlando.

Also given all the clips of the show on youtube, for all we know Berry Gordy has watched them and has sent her some notes on how to improve the show.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Diana would have not tried to pull this shite 30 years ago. She would have been read for filth in every publication. But she's now reached legendary status, so she can fart in a microphone and the crowd would ooh and ahh.

She should have just played the track, danced around the stage, and touched her hair 117 times.
    Many thanks for providing a little light relief lol.
    I agree in that her legendary status means fans are just grateful she’s still with us, in rude health and performing as i most certainly am. Doesn't mean you have to automatically like everything she does though, even if it’s not what the ooh and ahh brigade want to hear.
    Being a resident of the UK i always thought America believed strongly in freedom of speech. This forum certainly has me challenging that belief.

Oxenfree, I didn't know you were in the U.K!

Being a resident of the UK i always thought America believed strongly in freedom of speech. This forum certainly has me challenging that belief.
    Yup, free speech in America, but it doesn't also mean that everyone is required to politely accept whatever you choose to say. Just look at any social media site, such as Twitter, and you'll see the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    Diana Ross did amazing with her live show unbelievable for 78 years old and for the person to tell her to go hang it up I think she did way better than you could do anything in your life maybe it’s about time you hung it up The most of the Nasty reportings are coming from the Merry Wilson camp go figure
    You got that right, AY! Isn't it amazing how much time Mary's 'fans' waste on bad-mouthing Diana? 60 years and it still has not moved the needle one degree. Mary's real fans [[and there are many) are too happy with the wonderful Motown Anthology of Mary to bother with the toads. I keep checking to see when Diana will be in my area - can't WAIT to see our girl in person again! Stay well -
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 02-17-2022 at 03:27 PM. Reason: 'Needed' to 'needle' !

Quote Originally Posted by cornybside View Post
    Yup, free speech in America, but it doesn't also mean that everyone is required to politely accept whatever you choose to say. Just look at any social media site, such as Twitter, and you'll see the same thing.
    I think polite being the keyword here. No one should be made to feel any less of a fan for having a differing opinion. Well not in a civilised world anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    Even though she's mellowed in recent years, I'm sure after the show Diana Ross was not happy about how "Thank you" turned out the other night. She's an old pro and I bet that next time she's on stage there won't be the mistakes as well as less rust than her performance in Orlando.
    I bet Troy and even Rhonda got an earful .....where were you when I was looking for you for my mask? You're supposed to be right there...... and it took too long to fix my mic stand ...

Diana did not seem to want to do THANK YOU as soon as it started playing. If Troy himself had not been there, I bet she would have nixed it. Not sure why she did the "remix" version ?? Is it available on her new album?

One other random thought.... is banging her hip to keep time something new?

I think polite being the keyword here. No one should be made to feel any less of a fan for having a differing opinion. Well not in a civilised world anyway.
    This forum is far from being civilized. The above post that makes a joke about Diana farting on stage is one of many countless examples of the lack of civility around here.

Quote Originally Posted by cornybside View Post
    This forum is far from being civilized. The above post that makes a joke about Diana farting on stage is one of many countless examples of the lack of civility around here.
    I myself wouldn’t call a simple fart joke as being uncivilised, particularly when it’s not an attack on another fan. I quite understand if you beg to differ.
    Personally, i sometimes rather like it when someone disagrees with my opinion, especially when it leads to healthy debate. Not quite so keen if they infer i should stop being a fan or resort to childish name calling.

I myself wouldn’t call a simple fart joke as being uncivilised, particularly when it’s not an attack on another fan. I quite understand if you beg to differ.
    Personally, i sometimes rather like it when someone disagrees with my opinion, especially when it leads to healthy debate. Not quite so keen if they infer i should stop being a fan or resort to childish name calling.
    Ollie , beyond the THANK YOU fiasco, overall did you give this concert a thumb's up or down??

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Ollie , beyond the THANK YOU fiasco, overall did you give this concert a thumb's up or down??
    Thank you so much for asking Boog lol.
    I found it pretty much the same as it has been for the past 25 years, minus two songs. Boring is the word that springs to mind. Same old songs, same old patter. The only thing different being her telling peeps to put their masks on.
    Having said that, i mustn’t forget the grateful that she retains good health and is still able to perform.
    On the plus side, i thought her voice very clear sounding if a bit rusty. I really am hoping she includes at least a couple of new songs from her rather lovely album in her summer concerts. I would much sooner here “Tomorrow” or “Count On Me” as opposed to “When You Tell Me That You Love Me”.

Comparatively, things are quiet these days compared to the past.

And some will recall, everyone moved to SD after the group involving some of the Universal guys was shut down due to rancor and upset.

I don't think it's worth being too upset over one song at the first Diana Ross concert in a couple year when she is 77 years old lol. But I also don't think it was worth getting upset about a delay in the one Mary Wilson CD issued in the last upteen years. Hopefully, life goes on.

Also, from what I see this ghetto gets more views and action that any other SD Forum - perhaps Word Association attracts more, another lol

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Comparatively, things are quiet these days compared to the past.

And some will recall, everyone moved to SD after the group involving some of the Universal guys was shut down due to rancor and upset.

I don't think it's worth being too upset over one song at the first Diana Ross concert in a couple year when she is 77 years old lol. But I also don't think it was worth getting upset about a delay in the one Mary Wilson CD issued in the last upteen years. Hopefully, life goes on.

Also, from what I see this ghetto gets more views and action that any other SD Forum - perhaps Word Association attracts more, another lol
    I recall conversations with other forum members who used to guess that people came just for the drama. I guess it's boring unless there is mud being slung since there certainly is so little new music to discuss. It was refreshing to finally have something new to talk about with Thank You and the Mary Wilson Anthology.

What would we do without our daily installment of Days of Our Supremes?

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    I
    What would we do without our daily installment of Days of Our Supremes?
    Personally, I never miss an episode of All My Supremes.

Personally, I never miss an episode of All My Supremes.
    I thought you were too busy.
    Just admit it.
    Admit it.

I always enjoy the discussions about what happened after Nathan Jones and what it would have taken to keep the Supremes a successful group

I thought you were too busy.
    Just admit it.
    Admit it.
    Too busy for All My Supremes? Never!

Too busy for All My Supremes? Never!
    No!
    That you love us.

This a typically hysterical, and rather childish reaction to someone with a varying opinion. If you took the time to actually read my posts, i have mentioned many a time that i love the album, with its message clearly a very personal one.
    To compare Diana’s current show with the likes of Tony Bennett or Streisand is ridiculous. Both of those artists clearly put a lot of work into their shows, performing old and new material with consummate ease, despite being of pensionable age. Diana Ross has been performing the same set list since time immemorial. The fact she clearly hadn't taken the time to learn just one new song, intended as a thank you to her fans speaks volumes. It made her appear amateurish and unprofessional when she is so much better then that.
    To cut her some slack, this was her first concert in a while, so hopefully things will improve.
    If she really is to old and feeble as you imply to learn a single new song then i would quite understand.
    P.S it’s really not very gentlemanly to refer to Diana as a dog. And there I was assuming you were a fan. Hmmm.
    Typically Hysterical? No! THIS time I’ve had the vapors since I read your post and darn near wore a hole in m’fainting couch. Normally I just go into the closet and shut the door until I calm down.

i’ve read some of your posts but I must admit that I have not committed them to memory and honestly don’t know what your position on the album is. But if you took the time to read your posts, you used the term “supposedly personal “and that’s what I was questioning. I suppose that makes me childish. I’m not implying that she’s old and feeble I’m simply stating clearly that that is possible. I am, like you, disappointed.

I guess I’m just not much of a gentleman, now that I think of it I don’t think I’ve been called a gentleman since second grade you might have a point there. Miss Ross loves dogs so I don’t think that she would be unhappy with the analogy. And the fact that all this time you’ve assumed that I was a fan and now apparently think I’m not might give you pause to reconsider other opinions in your craw. ME, a Diana Ross fan? What have you been smoking And where can I get some?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    Typically Hysterical? No! THIS time I’ve had the vapors since I read your post and darn near wore a hole in m’fainting couch. Normally I just go into the closet and shut the door until I calm down.

i’ve read some of your posts but I must admit that I have not committed them to memory and honestly don’t know what your position on the album is. But if you took the time to read your posts, you used the term “supposedly personal “and that’s what I was questioning. I suppose that makes me childish. I’m not implying that she’s old and feeble I’m simply stating clearly that that is possible. I am, like you, disappointed.

I guess I’m just not much of a gentleman, now that I think of it I don’t think I’ve been called a gentleman since second grade you might have a point there. Miss Ross loves dogs so I don’t think that she would be unhappy with the analogy. And the fact that all this time you’ve assumed that I was a fan and now apparently think I’m not might give you pause to reconsider other opinions in your craw. ME, a Diana Ross fan? What have you been smoking And where can I get some?
    Ok...In short i love the new album, but was making the point that if as Diana herself has claimed it is a way of thanking her fans for their dedicated loyalty, should she not perhaps be at least a little inspired to perform a couple of its songs as a way of saying ta very much guys.
    I found the total cockup when attempting to perform such a personal message song as “Thank You” really rather sad as she clearly hadn’t put the work in to ensure it went smoothly. Hopefully that situation will change with a little more rehearsal.
    Your obviously more a gentlemen then you think, otherwise you wouldn’t have taken the time to try and clear up misunderstandings without resorting to name calling.
    I know she’s been referred to as a bitch on occasion, but feel sure she would generally prefer not to be referred to in canine terms.

I didn’t know about Mary arranging that meeting - thanks for sharing that. It made me think about the last time I saw Mary, it never ever dawned on me it would be the last time. All the sudden she’s gone. And whenever we lose someone, at least I I tend to think about maybe what I wish I would’ve done differently or did I appreciate them enough or take them for granted. I’ve taken both ladies for granted. Whoever thought Mary wouldn’t be around? When I saw Diana Ross step on stage, it literally warmed my heart. I got all that because of your post so thank you very much !

Ok...In short i love the new album, but was making the point that if as Diana herself has claimed it is a way of thanking her fans for their dedicated loyalty, should she not perhaps be at least a little inspired to perform a couple of its songs as a way of saying ta very much guys.
    I found the total cockup when attempting to perform such a personal message song as “Thank You” really rather sad as she clearly hadn’t put the work in to ensure it went smoothly. Hopefully that situation will change with a little more rehearsal.
    Your obviously more a gentlemen then you think, otherwise you wouldn’t have taken the time to try and clear up misunderstandings without resorting to name calling.
    I know she’s been referred to as a bitch on occasion, but feel sure she would generally prefer not to be referred to in canine terms.
    I was sad as well. Of course. I can’t even describe the feeling I got when I realized we were getting the 2007 show. But it had been almost 2 years and there she was and I felt torn by my disappointment and the other realization how much it meant to my heart just to see her standing there looking good sounding good and moving. And I began to wonder if maybe this is all we can expect for whatever reason. And I’m trying to make peace with that possibility and I think I have. Spreading love mentioned how wonderful it would be to get stolen moments hell I’d settle for I hear a Symphony, surrender and anything from Blue. But, in the end, my heart trumped my brain and I realize that yes if I have a choice of the same old show or no show, I’ll take the same old show. I hope Orlando was an anomaly, but if not, I’d make peace with it.

No!
    That you love us.
    I suppose I do, Al. I suppose I do.

I suppose I do, Al. I suppose I do.
    Mutual!!!!

Things calmed down a bit here?

I miss the technical members. I've shown the footage to a local sound technician and his thoughts are:

Legacy Motown artists hardly use in ear pieces to hear the music. Everyone who ever sang of talked through a microphone knows that there is an echo [delay]. Ms. Ross did not [at least I never saw it, or is must have been interweaved in her hair] used an ear piece. That is the reason there are monitors on stage, so the performers can hear the actual music [yes, those are those things Ms Ross once kicked of stage].

When the song started, she had no clue when to start and did not remember the opening lines. Okey, above are 91 observations, opinions and advices how she should have handled that.

I've also notices in later concerts of Ms Ross she is using auto cue monitors [very clearly visible in the "lost" Diamond Diana birthday concert]. Couldn't see those in this concert.

By seeking confirmation and looking back at her band she tried to hear and figure out when to start singing. After a few moments she asked if the vocal support could be started. Then she went to the guitar player, who, like a human metronome got her starting. Still focussing on the band and messing around with her microphone stand.

Could it be done better? yes. Does she realize it? I bet. So it's either never to be performed again or in the right way.

About earpieces, I only saw Smokey wear one on a few tv appearances. And remember the film "This is it", where Michael Jackson took his earpiece out because it sounded like a hammer in his head.

Long story short....

We have been through unprecedented times the past 2 years. We have lost so many people. Personally I lost my father due to Covid. It seems life is opening up again and that too takes time to adjust.

I'm happy Ms Ross is still there. No matter what shape. I miss Mary and many many others.

Let Love lead the way....

Quote Originally Posted by 1382hitsville View Post
    Long story short....

We have been through unprecedented times the past 2 years. We have lost so many people. Personally I lost my father due to Covid. It seems life is opening up again and that too takes time to adjust.

I'm happy Ms Ross is still there. No matter what shape. I miss Mary and many many others.

Let Love lead the way....
    Well said, 1382hitsville. Thank you for this valuable insight. Good point regarding how many of the legends do not typically use inner ear pieces and this can add to the complication sometimes with their live performances.

I am sorry for the loss of your dear father. I also lost my Dad at the start of the pandemic. While his passing was not due to covid, he did pass just a month after his 60th birthday. The loss of a parent is never easy, especially when in your case, it was very sudden and in my case [[and possibly yours too), I grieve the lost years.

That being said, I do think that our respective recent losses, in addition to having lost Mary recently, has changed our perspectives on these things, such as a concert that many would consider to have been plagued with issues. For us, our focus has shifted to one of appreciation...that Ms Ross is still with us and performing. This is not to say that others do not appreciate the fact that Ms Ross is still with us and performing, but rather that it's no longer all that important to some of us to spend time voicing our constructive criticisms. For those who still wish to do so, all the power, freedom of speech and respect to you [[which I can admit contradicts my earlier words in this thread, which I apologize was written out of frustration). Hopefully no one heeded my silly advice to join a Katy Perry fan club. If so, I will gladly reimburse you for your fan club fees.

I can agree that she deserves to present herself in the best light possible, whilst on stage. However, as you said best, this is not always possible and with life opening back up again after a long period, that too takes time to adjust to. I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, and perhaps due to unknown time constraints or her fear being around people, due to her self confessed long term isolation, rehearsing with her band prior to the show was not possible. I know she will knock it out at her next show.
    Last edited by carlo; 02-22-2022 at 02:03 PM.

Thanks Carlos, I've send you a DM.

Yes, next time should be better. Her bodylcanguague when exiting said it all to me [as a long time concert visitor].

And you know, there is a saying, opinions are like *ssholes, everyone has one. But I really would like to give it a positive flow. Opinions are worth full, change thing and lets celebrate the freedom of speech [too many countries have internet and opinions closed]

Take care

To keep it real....my real name is Gert [typical dutch name]

I saw it! It was very emotional. And truly the mark of an A-list performer! I've always loved Tony and his music. If you'd caught the 60 minutes airing late, you'd a thought you was watching an old show! The icing on the cake for me was how he organically, as they say, connected his music with her gentle prompts at performing his set. Obviously, the viewer could see he was channeling that with their Duets from back in the day. I gained a fuller appreciation for the drive in him to please his wife, Gaga, and ultimately his fans - us!! Definitely Must See Tv.